Road Atlas Availability In Pattaya

udon

I have a mate in Pattaya for a brief time, and is having probs finding this particular road atlas.

post-2707-1159939501_thumb.jpg

ISBN: 9749215818 (lastest version?)

Has anyone seen it on sale in Pattaya or a nearby gas station.

Name & location?

Need info fairly quickly as he's leaving soon. :o

Cheers & TIA

Udon

John, I havn't seen this particular Road Atlas but his best bet would be Bookazine on the 1st floor at Royal Gardens or halfway down Soi Post Office there is a bookshop that sells all sorts of maps, Govt. publications etc. Not an easy task finding a decent Road Atlas in Thailand.

I bought a copy of the latest Thailand Road Atlas (ISBN 974-8352-58-7) at the Petronas petrol station on the Chonburi bypass last Sunday... coming back from the AFL function in Bangkok.

Price: 200 baht.

Reference here.

Cobber,

thanks for that.

JD,

can you elaborate a bit?

Town plans, scale, number of pages.

I can't read the Thai on that link, thanks. Looks like all GPS stuff.

That particular atlas I listed, has 76 town plans on a very large scale.

ie; 1 : 15,000

Edited by udon

Guys, I am doing the runner for Udon. I have so far been to Carrerfour bookshop, DK Bookshop Pattata Klang, Royal Garden Plaza bookshop, 4 service station between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua on Sukhumvit, Tesco bookshop Pattaya Nua and the 3 bookshops on soi Post Office to no avail. There are several Road Atlas's but none exactly like the one pictured. The Thai ones are big but no good for us farangs as it's all in Thai language. If all else fails I will ride the MC out to Chonburi and look for this Petronas station JD got his from. In the mean time if any of you can give some other locations of places where I might find this Road Atlas it will be much appreciated, cheers. :o

Whoops... sorry... I missed the replies on this thread.

:o

I have the atlas in my car... still in the plastic bag.

I won't be needing it for a while so if your need is pressingly urgent, PM me with your mobile number and maybe I can meet you after work tomorrow night for a look-see at the atlas. If you like, I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it... as I said... I won't be needing it right away.

Yes... there are town plans etc.

I don't think the scale was 1:15,000 though.

I repeat..... :o

JD,

can you elaborate a bit?

Town plans, scale, number of pages.

I can't read the Thai on that link, thanks. Looks like all GPS stuff.

That particular atlas I listed, has 76 town plans on a very large scale.

ie; 1 : 15,000

cheers

OK Udon... I have it in my hands now.

It's nearly A3 size, has 88 pages, contains a national highway network map, national highway distance map, provincial distance chart, maps of Thailand scale 1:650,000, road network map of greater Bangkok (including inerts of major intersections and flyovers, offramps etc), walking tour routes map of Bangkok, 76 provincial city maps (all to scale but scale not stated), traffic signs, and an index of provinces and districts (cross referenced back to the 1:650,000 scale maps grid numbers).

The 1:650,000 maps are in English and Thai, with all the major route numbers marked, national parks, historical sights, tourist places of interest, temples etc all marked on the maps.

The provincial city maps are all in Thai, however the incoming and outgoing highways have the route numbers marked on them.

It's pretty comprehensive.

I'll scan a page and post it later this morning... (gotta run off to a meeting now).

so no street map of Krabi/AoNang? at 1:20,000 or 1:15,000?

Krabi - yes, Ao Nang - no.

I'll scan Krabi for you and post it after lunch... (everyone has the lights turned out at the moment... snoring happily away...)

:o

Krabi.pdf

Edited by Jai Dee

Great stuff, I just found the Road Atlas JD has bought, right down to the ISBN number. Found it at the bookshop upstairs at the food court in the Tesco Lotus Sukhumvit Jomtien. Udon the Atlas you exactly want is not available anywhere at all, went to 20 odd places, but if you are happy with the one JD has got I will get one of them. PM when your ready, thanks for your help JD, cheers. :o