Paperwork Translations, Marriage Stuff, Again

bina

1.can anyone clue me in to some offices in bangkok that do the translation from english to thai w/notary and all stamps needed, the 'apostille' or whatever its called stuff (my documents are translated notarized stamped from hebrew to english) and prices? (for my divorced/permission to marry papers).

it seems that israel makes life very very complicated for its citizens (i need a stamp from the rabbinical office!$$; court of justice$$, mfa$$, moi$, how do really poor people marry?!) do not want to DIY translations etc. all this i then have to translate to thai in thailand (lawyer here says that).

2.then after doing the amphur stuff, i have to have all marriage stuff translated from thai to english, again with all the stamps apostille etc, then from english to hebrew done here again. more $$$$

do i have to do my passport also (hebrew english english thai?)

or is my israeli id card translated and notorized etc enough?

two lawyers and one embassy official here cannot decide what exactly is needed!

also, anyone know if rules have changed for thai man to marry non thai woman (need bank book or something? even if we are not intending to live in thailand) what with all the visa type changes, u never know... or is the procedure as sbk et al described still the procedure?

i cant call, and anon gets all tongue tied when dealing with upper class office types and forgets half of what he is supposed to ask especially since he is calling from mobile phone in middle of the fields.

and the mfa site has no info (its all for farang man + thai woman) with no real info.

much appreciated as the flying date is nearing and we have still yet an other jewish holiday with offices closed (a week!) stuck in the middle. arhhhhhhhh!!

and mom made the wedding day on our day of departure from here so we are 'pulling our hair out of our heads.....' so now have to redo astrology to get new right day....

bina

israel and getting slightly worried about logistics and finances

I have seen lots of translation places around Sathorn. I am going in to Wireless road on Monday, if you can give me an idea of how long the pages are (if that is the way that they charge for them) I'll see if I can get you a price. I feel for you, it was hard enough for me and Mr to get wed, that was in europe - though not the country of our nationality so I can understand how difficult it is with the time difference too.

PM me

Leisurely

Chang Parp's idea was much better than mine. See if you can contact the synagogue (although would they have problems with you marrying an outsider?) they may be able to help or suggest someone who can. If that is the case, I would be able to phone them for you, assuming they speak either English or Italian.

thank you thank you

im sure english would be spoken (they are probably habadnik (missionary hassidik-- those guys that look like the amish) who make it their business to get even as far as nepal, to save jewish souls from straying from the path while searching for the 'right way' (finding themselves :o )i would like to see the place also... why didnt i htink of that?!

the pages : it goes by word i think, they are each one page thingys, but not sure about wordage amount... just general prices like: per 300 words and then per page or something like that....

sathorn is where exactly???wireless road?

anon is also backcountry so we really both dont have a clue as to where anything is so more info is better; will save time and hassles (hate hate hate big cities and traffic etc)

i will pm later (my time).... are u in bangkok area (i know area is a big area but still, a friendly face in a crowd is nice!)

thank you for taking the time to answer, one and all,

bina

israel