Amazing Thailand - Sewers work in Reverse in Thailand

cigar7

Thailand is certainly amazing. I see the storm water sewers on Arunotai Soi work in reverse. Instead of catching storm water they become geysers spewing out storm water. Just happened at 2:30pm today.

post-32082-0-31244600-1446970559_thumb.j

post-32082-0-29082800-1446970577_thumb.j

post-32082-0-65842700-1446970596_thumb.j

post-32082-0-06826300-1446970615_thumb.j

I have seen this a lot here in the UK...

I have even seen manhole covers lifted, no big surprise to see it happening in Thailand, normally due to blocked drains or poorly designed drainage systems that can not handle a big deluge.

Something I was told in India, and it applies here as much, "never cross a flooded road, if a cover has blown off you won't see the hole and if you fall down you are not coming back up".

Take care out there.

Quite a few things seem to "work in reverse" in Thailand these days. The sewers working in reverse is one thing. Another thing would be, if living on the 15th floor in a high rise building, your toilet starts to work in reverse.

In this case, with a little luck, City Hall may decide to look at the matter more closely. Maybe.

Cheers.

If you step back and look at the topography, Pattaya really is at the bottom of quite a decent slop of ground. There is a fair amount of hydraulic pressure, and the water trying to get to the Gulf can't make it. Crude Bernoulli's equation, energy moves back and forth as height (potential energy) and velocity (kinetic energy).

Just back from a ONE HOUR drive from Pattaya Nua to Patta

Tai (N. Pattaya Road to S. Pattaya Road). Third Road flooded.

Soi Buakhao flooded. Connecting sois flooded.

First World City my ass!

When the skies start to darken up like yesterday afternoon, seek the nearest watering hole for shelter instead of crying about a 45 minute flash flood and getting stuck in the 'raging torrents' like the numpties do.

Beach road flooded too and friends of mine were trapped in the TQ until near 5 PM.

Edited by NanLaew

Just back from a ONE HOUR drive from Pattaya Nua to Patta

Tai (N. Pattaya Road to S. Pattaya Road). Third Road flooded.

Soi Buakhao flooded. Connecting sois flooded.

First World City my ass!

When the skies start to darken up like yesterday afternoon, seek the nearest watering hole for shelter instead of crying about a 45 minute flash flood and getting stuck in the 'raging torrents' like the numpties do.

Beach road flooded too and friends of mine were trapped in the TQ until near 5 PM.

Trapped in TQ to avoid the flooding eh? Do you think the wife's will believe that?