Non Immigrant O wife's i.d card

Due to head to Savannakhet to apply for a non imm o based on marriage. Just noticed that the copy of the wifes id card shows that it will expire in 3 days......shes up north now and i am unlikely to have time to get the new one done and copied. I presume that the embassy will not accept my application with an expired id card. Am I right?

I imagine that it would be like a "crao shoot" if they even notice or care that it's expired. I doubt that there is anyone on this forum that has first hand experience regarding submitting an expired ID card as part of the application at Savannakhet. Why don't you go to your local immigration office and apply for a 60 day extension because you are married to a Thai, wife must be present, and get a new ID card before you go to Savannakhet. It'll cost you 1900 baht but might keep you from making an unsuccessful trip to Laos.

I imagine that it would be like a "crao shoot" if they even notice or care that it's expired. I doubt that there is anyone on this forum that has first hand experience regarding submitting an expired ID card as part of the application at Savannakhet. Why don't you go to your local immigration office and apply for a 60 day extension because you are married to a Thai, wife must be present, and get a new ID card before you go to Savannakhet. It'll cost you 1900 baht but might keep you from making an unsuccessful trip to Laos.

The requirement that the wife must be present for the application may be a problem for the OP, since the wife is "up north" and he is in an undefined part of Thailand.

Too apply for a visa at Savannakhet a persons wife does not need to present.

I suggest you wife get her new ID card, scan it and then email it to you. Then if they notice the copied card is expired show the scan explaining you did not notice the card was expired before starting your trip.

Too apply for a visa at Savannakhet a persons wife does not need to present.

I suggest you wife get her new ID card, scan it and then email it to you. Then if they notice the copied card is expired show the scan explaining you did not notice the card was expired before starting your trip.

Sounds as if he's between a rock and a hard place. As Maestro pointed out, he can't get the 60 day extension because his wife is "up north". And, don't the Thai Id cards have to be renewed at the office that is responsible for the area where they live? It's a question, I don't know the answer.

If so, if she is "up north" how can she get a new ID card and email it to him?