Top 10 poorest bus service routes in Bangkok

webfact

Top 10 poorest bus service routes in Bangkok

202-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Transport today revealed the top 10 bus routes in the capital operated by pool bus operators having the poorest services, with the air-conditioned bus Route Por Or 8 (Romklao Housing Estate-Memorial Bridge) coming on the top.

For the poorest service bus route operated by the state-run Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA), Route 29 (Rangsit-Hua Lampong) stands on the first of the list.

The ministry said the poorest services were rated from the number of complaints filed to the ministry’s complaint centre by the people travelling on city buses operated by BMTA and its privately run pool bus companies during the 2015 fiscal year beginning October 2014 to the end of September this year.

The most complaints used for rating are reckless driving, driving on right lanes and not stopping at bus stops, impoliteness of bus employees, and abandoning passengers.

Air-conditioned bus Route Por Or 8 (Romklao Housing Estate-Memorial Bridge) which is operated by a pool bus company received the highest of 345 complaints, or an average one complaint a day.

Coming second on the poorest service is Mini Bus Route 1 (Thanon Tok-Thatien) with 330 complaints, and followed by Route 122 (Huey Kwang-Mor Chit) with 188 complaints, Route 75 (Buddha Bucha-Hua Lampong) with 170 complaints, and Mini Bus Route 71 (Pattavikorn-Wat Thatthong) with 110 complaints.

The other routes in respective poor rating are air-conditioned bus Route Por Or 44, Route Por Or 40, Route 57, Mini Bus Route 78 and Mini Bus Route 6.

For the BMTA operated routes, poorest service was Route 29 (Hua Lampong-Rangsit), 60 complaints, followed by Route 145 (Paknam-Morchit), 35 complaints, Route 34 Rangsit-Hua Lampong), 33 complaints, Route 26 (Minburi-Victory Monument), 30 complaints, Route Wongkrom-Ramkhamhaeng, 29 complaints, and Route 59 (Rangsit-Sanam Luang), and Route 95 (Bang Khen-Bangkapi), received same number of 29 complaints.

Following behind are Route 511 (Paknam- New Southern Bus Terminal), 15 complaints, Route 510 (Thammasat Rangsit Centre-Victory Monument), 13 complaints, Route 7 (Klong Kwang-Hua Lampong), 12 complaints.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/top-10-poorest-bus-service-routes-in-bangkok

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-09

This is a drop in the ocean compared to the complaints they will get when the free red buses stop. I think i read they

will be discontinuing them at the end of this year, if memory serves.

damn ...... then how will I get to the shop to buy my lao khao burp.gif

Cannot comprehend how BKK traffic can affect the ratings used..i.e. how does the traffic situation affect impoliteness of bus employees. To be honest, I haven't really come across many impolite bus employees. Have come across many impolite taxi drivers though.

BKK's traffic just seems like an excuse for anything and everything. We can throw money at a problem, hire consultants, or make the system more efficient. There must be some reasons why there are so many cars on the BKK streets.

Edited by meltingpot2015

was on the 38 once when they were racing a rival bus, conductor would not allow driver (husband) to stop and let people off, red/cream govt free buses are the worst all round, psycho driving! Worst problem is overcrowding at peak times, very dangerous and uncomfortable. I will not get on now unless there are seats, bit claustrophobic. Mrs got on one the other day and so many people got on in the end she could only get one foot on the floor, crazy.

Edited by jacky54

I use the #40 and #511 fairly often and find them to be generally pretty good. Both are very long routes. I once took the #40 full circle and it took close to four hours. I would think it very difficult to maintain a schedule with such a long route.

Drivers of AC buses seem to me to be more skillful and courteous than the drivers of the Red and Blue.

It is not that unusual for a bus to zoom past me at a bus stop, disregarding my Thai style wave. I used to think it was anti-farang prejudice but recently notice that they do it to Thais as well, usually when it's just one person at the stop.

The orange mini-bus drivers, including the #71 mentioned in this article are easily the worst but their working arrangement shares a burden of the blame. These guys basically lease these buses for a flat daily rate. I'm not sure whether or not they also have to cover fuel. They don't make a Baht until they have covered their lease so they compete aggressively for passengers, racing past each other, jumping stoplights and cutting in and out of traffic. Being a standee on one of these is an adventure in hanging on. I avoid them whenever possible.