Life in Bangkok these days

boomerexpat

Nine out of 10 expats that say they prefer thai company are without doubt living with a thai MRS many miles away from an expat area. The many I have met confess to being seriously unhappy with a sense of loneliness which is understandable

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Edited by mcfish

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nine out of 10 expats that say they prefer thai company are without doubt living with a thai MRS many miles away from an expat area. The many I have met confess to being seriously unhappy with a sense of loneliness which is understandable

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Nine out of 10 expats that say they prefer thai company are without doubt living with a thai MRS many miles away from an expat area.

Nine out of 10 eh? Quite a definite ratio - interested to know where you found that statistic....?? any references???

Also curious to know how you managed to meet so many expats, who in your own words live a seriously unhappy and lonely life with their wives many miles away from 'expat areas' (whatever or wherever they might be)...

Are you perhaps a travelling marriage guidance councillor??

....or maybe just suffering from ThaiVisaness..

Americans are not arrogant, they just have a different culture.

Thais are more like British and French, they have a nuanced and indirect way of communicating - say what you don't mean and the other person works out your real intent then responds in an equally indirect way and everyone's happy.

Americans are direct and loud, its just their way.

No one could accuse the French of being humble.

On the other hand the New Rich Chinese are another category!