Safest option for another 60 days after being on ED Visa

Hey,

My education visa is at an end and I've got a month or two left on my rent, so I wouldn't mind sticking around since it's the high season.

Will there be any issue making a quick trip to a surrounding country and coming back in on a tourist exempt (British), then extending for 30 days? Or will they see the previous ED visas (1.5yrs), previous exempt stamps (used to visit for short trips fairly often prior to the ED visa) and think something dodgy, given the current attitudes and changes to tourist visas etc? Would I be better going to a consulate and getting a single entry tourist visa? (more hassle/money, but safer?)

Maybe I'm overthinking it :)

You can do a visa exempt entry since you apparently have not done one for some time. They don't count stays on visas against being able to get one.

Is this pretty standard? So if someone has been here for say, 1.5 years (1 year on ED Visa and then 6 months on double entry tourist visa) there should still be no problem flying back in for a Visa Exempt?

You can do a visa exempt entry since you apparently have not done one for some time. They don't count stays on visas against being able to get one.

Is this pretty standard? So if someone has been here for say, 1.5 years (1 year on ED Visa and then 6 months on double entry tourist visa) there should still be no problem flying back in for a Visa Exempt?

Yes

• Like 1