Handlebar risers

hougourou

I am riding a Honda CB300Fand I find the reach to the bars a bit long, so I am considering using the pictured riser kit to bring them higher and closer. The mechanic says he won't know if cable or brake hose mods are necesary until he gets into the job. Anyone have any experience/thoughts with this?

Thanks for your help.

post-90174-0-78458000-1447075017_thumb.j

Edited by hougourou

that kit looks like it is for clip on bars which your bike does not have.

i ran a question about risers and the general consensus was 1to 1 1/2 inches with out needing to redue cables and lines.

check e-bay, they have risers and they are not expensive. remember when you get the bar set where you want it to use lock tight on the bolts and torque to specs. do not want the bar coming loose while driving. if i remember correctly the bar on a honda is 7/8inch.

Thanks for your inputs, Rod. I can see why you'd be confused by looking at the photo I sent--it's a weird design, with the offset and four bolt set-up. That, plus the Chinese packaging have made me lose confidence in the product, so now I'm thinking about a simpler style that raises the bars 30 mm, or 1.2 inches, available in BKK, as in photo.

post-90174-0-12302300-1447121343_thumb.p