Are Thai girls turned off by guys who enjoy video games?

drronnie

I think videogames are fine and not a problem at all. The problem is more about moderation.

For example, most girls won't mind a guy that likes to go out and enjoy a drink every now and then but they won't be happy if you are an alcoholic. Same thing with playing games and neglecting other aspects of your life to play games excessively.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing Fallout 4 all day and night for the next few weeks. :)

I play games from time to time... Tomb Raider, my olf favourite and I played "The Witcher 3" for hours and hours.... and I'm 58 now. But I'm early retired and don't need to work anymore, except in the garden and some help I offer my wife.

You are very young compared to most living in Thailand and I think you ought to be a bit more active in your life and not hang in front of your computer. At your age a more adventurous lifestile would be more appropriate. Don't wast your young life on games... There is always time for that later.

a man who appears to be in his late 60's asking about thai "girls" most likely well past 30.

gotta love thaivisa.

I call any woman younger than me who I might be interested in a girl. Anyone one over 40 who I'm not interested in I guess is a woman.

I'm 30 something (48 really but no one ever guesses my real age)

As for the video games..... most modern video game whilst technologically brilliant take far to much time to get into.

I'm also far too busy with my social life to stay at home playing games and I know my girlfriend wouldn't appreciate us staying home so I could shoot terrorists or whatever in a game of Call of Duty all night, instead of going out with our friends.

I think the mobile phone games differ from sit down with a phoney steering wheel in front you → or gun playing a flying or war game////Sometimes connected to others online....

Knew one guy that was so happy to sit home playing war games letting his wife work that she left him....

Guess she liked a more mature approach too....

Funny, the way some think. You could be glued to your phone all day reading meaningless Facebook posts and looking at pics of somebodys lunch and that would be normal. But play video games and your are a loner. Video games are just about the cheapest form of entertainment there is. To hell with what anyone thinks.

I have around $15k Invested in flight Simulation software /hardware, mainly B777 & B737. the manuals alone go into thousands of pages and I'm at the low end of the spectrum, some enthusiasts have spent 300k for full size Boeing simulators. It drives me nuts when the GF calls it a video game

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Generally I think most serious gamers are viewed that way.....Not taken seriously and viewed as a loner....To most Thais it would seem an immature ......

The Thai folks have a genuine friendliness and open curiosity towards one another.....Pretty amazing what they'll ask/talk about candidly with perfect strangers .....

Someone that shunts out the world - especially after traveling from half a world away to get here would seem/be odd to their existance......

Notice a lot of game stuff selling on the buy/sell sites and it usually takes a LONG time to get sold - while other items are snatched up quickly → possibly another indicator....

Sh**t → they're deemed pretty odd in the US except with their gamer peers....So would really be that way here....

Not taken seriously and viewed as a loner.

You mean instead of having girlfriends, these gamers are men that prefer to play with themselves?

Generally I think most serious gamers are viewed that way.....Not taken seriously and viewed as a loner....To most Thais it would seem an immature ......

The Thai folks have a genuine friendliness and open curiosity towards one another.....Pretty amazing what they'll ask/talk about candidly with perfect strangers .....

Someone that shunts out the world - especially after traveling from half a world away to get here would seem/be odd to their existance......

Notice a lot of game stuff selling on the buy/sell sites and it usually takes a LONG time to get sold - while other items are snatched up quickly → possibly another indicator....

Sh**t → they're deemed pretty odd in the US except with their gamer peers....So would really be that way here....

I suspect this comes from the perspective of an older generation.

We have a video game department at my company so I can shed some light on actual statistics about video game use in Thailand:

~9.97 active online gamers
>590 billion baht annual revenue
50% MMORPG, 25% FPS, 25% casual

2:1 male:female gender ratio

So it might possible that "to most *older* Thais it would seem immature", but to most younger Thais it certainly does not.

As for anecdotal evidence ("game stuff" taking a long time to get sold online), about a quarter of the 100 young Thai employees on my floor stay after work to play Ragnarok online together, both men and women...

Guess it is all a matter of perspective - as most things are....

We have guys on here that ride bikes - others that swim - others that are active in sports - some hike or trek - others golf - some hit the gym....

I'm one of the sports guys....All my life I've always been a participant rather than a spectator....

Page 2 since the edit function does not work on mobiles and the system blipped....

The guys that are riding bike are not riding pretend bicycles up pretend hills following a script layed out by a programmer - they are participating in life....Same as the golfers, sports guys, and swimmers.....They live in the real here and now world.....They might go for the next best shoes or golf club → but they are not waiting for the release of the next PRETEND game from some programmer that's Imitating living/being alive.....

Whether the set up costs $100, $15,000 or $400,000 - it's still just a toy designed to let you pretend based on someone elses ideas - very much the same as watching a movie - an escape from reality...It's does nothing really to enhance your LIFE unless pretending is your thing.....

I think this is what the gals see when gaming is mentioned....They're out living a life but are asked to content themselves with someone that isn't - it wouldn't appeal to most of them....

My daughter at one time worked for EA games at their think tank in San Carlos.....100's of little cubicles with game designers everywhere .....You know what they did in their free time? Basketball, the gym, ping pong, volleyball, jogged, trekked - they lived.....She couldn't be bothered with games away from the place.....

The one thing we can NEVER replace is time.....We can only spend it once.....

IMHO Spending time in a room with a game - pretending it's living is a precious waste.....

Thai woman (over 35) also think eating cereals for breakfast is only for babies and watching cartoons (The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy etc) is for children only. They can't understand why adults do it.

I think throwing temper tantrums and petty jealousy is for children and can't understand why Thai woman (over 35) are so into these things.

Many many years ago I had an Asian GF in the states.....She was exceptional in every way.....

One day we headed out somewhere casual - maybe heading towards the coast.....

We were driving and I'd put one of my team (baseball) caps on backwards with a pair of shades......She looked and didn't say a word....

When we got to where we were going and getting out of the car she said:

"I'm not going anywhere with a forty _ _ _ _ _ YEAR OLD BOY!!!".....

I got the not so subtle hint & took the hat off.......Seldom wore it backwards again - even at ball tourneys....

I think the OP is beginning to learn the same thing......

Many many years ago I had an Asian GF in the states.....She was exceptional in every way.....

We were driving and I'd put one of my team (baseball) caps on backwards with a pair of shades......She looked and didn't say a word....

I got the not so subtle hint & took the hat off.......Seldom wore it backwards again - even at ball tourneys....

Pretty much the definition of pusswhipped..

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Pretty much the definition of pusswhipped..

Yeah - you might take it that way but it never was a good look for me and I drove the associations crazy because I don't like them and used to play without.....Until they made a rule the caps had to be worn - so then I'd "wear" them by tucking them in my belt behind me.....The next year they changed the rule again it must be worn on the head → so I wore them with the bill to the back.....Then the next rule change was worn correctly with the bill facing forward - and they had me.....

Never liked the feel of them and took them off every time I could get away with it & hook them on my bag.....

Some wear them and look good → I don't.....Some like them → I don't....To this day I won't wear them unless I have to.....Must have been given a few hundred over the years......

So - typically - I never really used them.....The sun in those days never

got to my head, I had alot of hair....

Ain't that way anymore.....

Edited by pgrahmm