Yingluck petitions Prayut for fair trial

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yingluck's definition of "fair" trial is a trial that she wins and gets away from all jail times and financial penalties.

This is one of the reasons exactly why Thailand shouldn't have elected government now like US and EU are demanding. There are still so many Taksin's dogs within the government. Should Thailand have an election now, Taksin's chosen people will be the next government, and he will this time make sure to amend all constitutions and laws that protect this country from people like him.

Thailand and the EU have two thing in common They both have not an elected pm and that there is a lack of democracy...

She said such issuance of order merely showed the prime minister was in a hurry to speed up the rice pledging case, and was tantamount to breach the justice system, and was unfair for her who has become a prime defendant in the case.

So what she expected, that they would drag on the case until the statute of limitation is reached, as was the case in the past?

And what is unfair about making her the prime defendant. It is her who made the rice scam an election promise, headed the committee but never attended a single meeting, and failed to see the corruption going on while she was forewarned several times.

Who else does she suggest should be the prime defendant?

Next trick will be a slip getting out of a mini van and near a fracture ?? with a new cast style boot on---this will bring the fans back OM God.

Facebook ?? should read SAVE FACE BOOK lol

Seem to be a favourite trick of politicians. Remember Ahbisit felled and fractured his right collarbone. All over Facebook too.

Next trick will be a slip getting out of a mini van and near a fracture ?? with a new cast style boot on---this will bring the fans back OM God.

Seem to be a favourite trick of politicians. Remember Ahbisit felled and fractured his right collarbone. All over Facebook too.

Agree I do like your comment BUT it evades the actual topic, by throwing Mark into the pit.

Why not just agree.

Agree I do like your comment BUT it evades the actual topic, by throwing Mark into the pit.

Why not just agree.

Because what is good for the goose is good for the gander?

Petition? You mean she posted more drivel on facebook. Oh right, I forgot, that is about all she can do. Never attended parliment, never attended meetings (of which she was the chair), never did ANYTHING. Absolutely useless woman.

Plus she is overplaying the sympathy card.

Never did anything, what do you mean.huh.png She went on plenty of State visits around the world (free flights 1st class), got lots of handbags and watches.clap2.gif

I should imagine her air miles are enough to fly around the world a few times over.thumbsup.gif

She went on plenty of State visits around the world (free flights 1st class)

Taking care of "big brothers" businesses and gave the taxpayers the bills.

Edited by Skywalker69

Yingluck petitions Prayut for fair trial?

Impossible in the new yellow land.

She has never been fair for poor farmer, she and her clique always cheated farmer

And still the poor farmers love her and probably will vote for her next election if she not banned. There seem a disconnect between you and the poor farmers.

yeah, brainwashing can be very effective. (btw how did you get yours?)

But I doubt the poor farmers love her and I doubt they would vote for her

Petition? You mean she posted more drivel on facebook. Oh right, I forgot, that is about all she can do. Never attended parliment, never attended meetings (of which she was the chair), never did ANYTHING. Absolutely useless woman.

and you are overplaying the hyperbole card.

Where is the hyperbole?

How many times did she attend parliament during her term as PM/DM? How many rice policy committee meetings did she attend as the self appointed chair?

How many times did she provide accounts for the scheme? Can she show what steps she took and how she followed up to ensure the scheme was implemented correctly and that the warnings were acted on and appropriate actions taken where necessary?

So, Mr. Boxer, could you please provide us with the exact statistics of her attendance VS the attendance of the previous 5 PMs, so we can get an accurate assessment? It's so great that you have access to this privileged information, so the rest of us common folk can have a chance to know the 'real story' like you.

Thank you.

You stand a much better chance to be struck by lightning. This is a serious game of tag and your it. They badly need to make an example out of somebody powerful and you fit the bill to a T-haskin. You should have taken your chance to run when you had it and as they say now close to the American Thanksgiving your goose is cooked.

Yingluck's definition of "fair" trial is a trial that she wins and gets away from all jail times and financial penalties.

This is one of the reasons exactly why Thailand shouldn't have elected government now like US and EU are demanding. There are still so many Taksin's dogs within the government. Should Thailand have an election now, Taksin's chosen people will be the next government, and he will this time make sure to amend all constitutions and laws that protect this country from people like him.

Is there a dislike button here somewhere. Yes and protect the elite from loosing at the ballot box. No doubt they are eyeing a Burma style constitution where you win when you loose.

She has never been fair for poor farmer, she and her clique always cheated farmer

And still the poor farmers love her and probably will vote for her next election if she not banned. There seem a disconnect between you and the poor farmers.

How many poor farmers have YOU actually spoken to in the last 6 months?

How do YOU know that they still love her?

What and how do YOU personally connect with the poor farmers in Thailand?

Feel free to answer honestly.

Justice? In Thailand?

Those in control always persecute and prosecute their opponents.

No other Thai PM has ever been placed on trial for the actions of subordinates.

The world court is laughing at the whole fiasco. Most of the world is too. And we have some yellow tailed farang swallows from TVF migrating toward a nice self-contented land down south for the winter.

No other PM has ever been put into the position that she was in which is why she is NOT on trial for the actions of her subordinates.

But this is not about her subordinates but about her and what she didn't do that she was supposed to have done. Silly little things like not attending the meetings that she was in charge of, ignoring the many warnings from both inside and outside of Thailand and on and on.

Not a bad try at deflection but sorry, still no cigar.

Yes good point! Thailand should be run by billionaire Generals because they are not corrupt. How dare the thai people wanting elections. Elected officials might do something disastrously corrupt like going on a cooking show or transfer a bangkok police officer.

and you are overplaying the hyperbole card.

Where is the hyperbole?

How many times did she attend parliament during her term as PM/DM? How many rice policy committee meetings did she attend as the self appointed chair?

How many times did she provide accounts for the scheme? Can she show what steps she took and how she followed up to ensure the scheme was implemented correctly and that the warnings were acted on and appropriate actions taken where necessary?

The usual "it wasn't me, I didn't know, no one told me, I'm just at the policy level, everything was o k. etc etc" won't cut the mustard anymore. She has to show she wasn't negligent in her duties.

Her lawyers seem to want to create the idea that somehow it's all very unfair, to gather sympathy and suggest any decision the court makes can only be fair if it favors her. Something Shin lawyers have always done. Claim it's all unfair, political and on occasion try the "pastry box" approach.

No doubt the Shins thought this could all be delayed, constantly and eventually allowed to simply all fade away as usual. Seems they might be wrong on this one.

Where is the hyperbole? Seriously?

Oh, I don't know, let's start with "Never attended parliment, never attended meetings (of which she was the chair), never did ANYTHING."

So why put it on her facebook page ?.

If you don't see what they are trying to do, you are the target audience.

I'm sure we'll get a crocodile tear or two for the cameras before long. All under advisement from her defence team.

How long before she drops the 'rushing' plea. This has been going on for years now.

Note how they are trying to drag HM into this : the very reason Prayuth used article 44. That part has her brothers hand all over it.

Why put it on her facebook page? Why not - is the act of doing so a sinister development? In case it escaped your notice this perfectly reasonable request for a fair trial was also reported by "The Nation" and Thai PBS, it being an open letter. The target audience being anybody who wanted to read either a Thai or English language version of that letter.

As far as the rushing plea is concerned, if you had read the open letter as reported in "The Nation" you would have seen the explanation for her reference to "rushing the case".

As for your last point, there is no reference to HM whatsoever in either the Thai PBS or the "The Nation" reporting. I can only assume you meant PM, as Prayuth refers to himself, and if you can't see why the "PM" was, in your words, dragged into this, there is no point in discussing this further.

Let's us say you are right and YL us right about the civil cases statute of limitations being 15 years if found guilty in her criminal case. Both go hand in hand about the same evidence and the same subject and it would not matter if the statute of limitations was 50 years. If they are ready to proceed then they will proceed any time they see fit. Her pleas are just to make her followers think they are doing her wrong by proceeding with the civil case and not drawing it out longer.

A statute of limitations only means that is when the time runs out to prosecute. It does not mean a time frame to get a case and hearing started. Clearly you are both a YL supporter and very misguided in your assessment of her letter as well as being ignorant to the laws and statutes and their meaning. Are you Thai?

I’m not making a statement about the statute of limitations - it’s about the timescale afforded to assessing the “evidence”.

"If the facts are as I suggested, the fact finding panel will then have sufficient time to fairly investigate existing evidences and witnesses including experts. The case then will not be so unfairly accelerated that I, the accused, can have a fair trial," Yingluck said in the letter.

You may recall Yinglucks recent suit against the former attorney-general Trakul Winitnaiyapak with respect to the Criminal case against her that was recently turned down by the Criminal Court. The AG had filed over 60,000 pages of evidence even though these documents were not discussed by ALL parties during the investigation by the joint panel of prosecutors and the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

The court ruled that though the law stipulates that the court conducts hearings according to the writ submitted by the NACC, the court reserves the right to summon additional evidence and witnesses. The defendant also has the right to counter the state's evidence and witnesses with her own evidence and witnesses.

The Criminal Court did not consider any of Yinglucks evidence provided by her lawyers. You may also recall that when Yingluck tried to produce more evidence to the NACC they refused to allow it. Draw your own conclusions, Oh, you already have.

Classy dig about Thai people as well.

Edited by thelonius

"Should Thailand have an election now, Taksin's chosen people will be the next government...'

I agree.

Why, because he will go all out with whatever actions / payments / outrageous promises are needed (legal / illegal / immoral / unethical, etc. ) to win. He will quickly wind up his army to ensure the naive voters / threaten the naive voters to vote for him, and ensure there is a fast heavy hate campaign against the opposition.

He'll get the police back in his pocket (probably not too difficult).

He won't care that his actions are illegal / immoral because he'll handle that after he gets power.

Beware Thailand, beware, beware, beware.

Never attended Parliament

post-226549-0-72019000-1447251599_thumb.

Never attended meetings

post-226549-0-35587700-1447251620_thumb.

Never did anything

post-226549-0-16073000-1447251638_thumb.

post-226549-0-12329300-1447251662_thumb.

post-226549-0-10654100-1447251674_thumb.

post-226549-0-40473800-1447251711_thumb.

At least we know one thing we can't say about you; Never speaks BS

Never did anything, what do you mean.huh.png She went on plenty of State visits around the world (free flights 1st class), got lots of handbags and watches.clap2.gif

I should imagine her air miles are enough to fly around the world a few times over.thumbsup.gif

47 trips as I remember and the first ! Montegro the place that gave her Boss, sorry brother, his passport. Negligible trade with Thailand but "Trade" was the reason given for the visit. Probably why she had no time to attend the "rice policy" meetings even though by her words it was a cornerstone PTP policy and receiving many warnings about it's huge potential losses. She was negligent in not attending the meeting and to address the warnings issue that she as the PM and head of the committee should have done.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Never attended meetings

attachicon.gifimages (5).jpg

Never did anything

attachicon.gifimages (4).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (1).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (3).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Never attended meetings

attachicon.gifimages (5).jpg

Never did anything

attachicon.gifimages (4).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (1).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (3).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

What a quaint post; 6 days out of 3 years.

Did she say anything insightful, anything of value, did she play any part in organizing the agenda, did she write or give any macro outline of any speeches or the things to be achieved at any of these 6 events?

Edited by scorecard