4 UDD members jailed for torching Khon Kaen provincial hall in 2010

webfact

The usual helpful comments, I see. Not one so far calling for lawbreakers on both sides to be brought to justice.

Another twist to the topic---OTHERS AS WELL from the other side. Are you not content same old story---example Thaksin and corruption---"what about the others" Yingluck skipping near all chair duties and world travel---example what about others going abroad----get my drift ??
I think I do, yes. It is just that I consider that if reconciliation is actually the goal, there is no point in giving either side the opportunity to cry 'WITCH HUNT!'

The arsonists should of course have to pay for their crimes, but now jail a few on the other side for the airport blockade or whatever. Not a perfect solution of course, but better than what we have now, with one faction attempting to anihilate the other and refusing to concede that they too might not be whiter than white. Look at some of the posters on here, for example, blowing a gasket as if the people at the top on both sides would p1ss on any of us if we were on fire.. (That doesn't include you).

Reconciliation, should never happen. there is nowhere to draw a fair line.

Just being on one side or the other is not a crime, it is those within that have broken the laws of the land within these parties. These are the people who should be banished from any involvement in politics. Blatant corruption whoever was involved, and persons being paid by the state who did not do the job they were paid for.

Again --anyone who is/was collaborating with Thaksin that was holding office should be sacked and dealt with with the full force of the law.

PTP and Yingluck were ruled by the man and should be dealt with accordingly as well as what is ongoing. Anyone else who has been guilty of crime brought to heel. To me RECONCILIATION is a no go area--it will never work and will bring back unwanted offenders.

I honestly cannot make any sense of what you are saying. Maybe you can try again or another poster can explain it to me?

COURT
Four red shirts sentenced over City Hall arson attack

The Nation

30272740-01_big.jpg?1447275923908
File Photo

KHON KAEN: -- Khon Kaen's provincial court yesterday sentenced four red-shirt protesters to between three and 13 years in jail for their role in an arson attack on the provincial City Hall five years ago.

Adisai Vibulsek and Jirattragul Sumaha were sentenced to 13 years in prison each after court found them guilty of trespassing into a government office and violating the emergency decree.

Suthut Singbuakhow was sentenced to three years in jail, while Udom Khummoon to three and a half years for trespassing on a government office and flagrantly violating the law. Udom is currently serving time at Khon Kaen Prison for a separate arson attack on the National Broadcasting Services of Thailand's local office.

Public prosecutors said that on May 19, 2010, during the political unrest, the defendants violated the ban on assemblies of 10 or more people, committed coercion and physical assault and set fire to public property.

Lawyer Boonyong Kaewfainok, who represents the defendants, said yesterday that he would discuss the option of applying for bail and appealing the ruling with his clients' family members.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Four-red-shirts-sentenced-over-City-Hall-arson-att-30272740.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-12

"...The court refused to grant them suspended jailterm, claiming that they had no respect for the law of the land and wanted to set an example for the other people..."

More likely because they are "red shirts" and this is now a "yellow shirt" dominated government. There is no mercy with this government...they are out for blood...and there goes reconciliation down the toilet.

"...The court refused to grant them suspended jailterm, claiming that they had no respect for the law of the land and wanted to set an example for the other people..."

More likely because they are "red shirts" and this is now a "yellow shirt" dominated government. There is no mercy with this government...they are out for blood...and there goes reconciliation down the toilet.

No, more likely because they have been found guilty as charged and now must face the consequences - pretty simple to understand I would suggest.

Reconciliation is not the forgiveness of all crime, some PAD guards are caught and tried too. Now what they should do is go after the people who ordered the burning. It seems that is an easy case given all the youtube clips of their leaders urging them to burn Bangkok and other parts of Thailand down and also let those leaders go to jail.

Both sides need to learn that protesting is ok, violence is not. Too bad that the reds were the most violent faction and so get more flack as the other side. For anyone claiming otherwise just look up the Trad attack where a pickup with armed gunmen sprayed the anti government demonstrators with bullets and threw in some grenades too. Killing many among them 2 children. No feat of asnti government protesters even comes close to that.

The usual helpful comments, I see. Not one so far calling for lawbreakers on both sides to be brought to justice.

What has law breakers on both sides have to do with this particular story?

Particular stories are for people with particularly selective memories.

I can't remember anything about the yellowshirts, Sutheps lot,Phra Issara and his bunch burning down any city halls anywhere.

Is there a link somewhere that I have missed?

They closed down the airport, okay they didn't burn it, so not arson but treason.

I don't agree with you at all. There was only minor damage but there was a major inconvenience to passengers (many of whom flew home from different airports and countries).

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/treason

Definition of treason in English: noun
1 (also high treason) [mass noun] The crime of betraying one’s country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government: they were convicted of treason
1.1The action of betraying someone or something: doubt is the ultimate treason against faith

1.2 (petty treason) historical The crime of murdering someone to whom the murderer owed allegiance, such as a master or husband.

Usage

Formerly, there were two types of crime to which the term treason was applied: petty treason, the crime of murdering one’s master, and high treason, the crime of betraying one’s country. The crime of petty treason was abolished in 1828 and in modern use high treason is often simply called treason.

This is very unsatisfactory. Who cares about the monkey, just get rid of the organ grinder, however, wherever and pronto.

Until he's dead this will never end. He raped Thailand for such much $ that he will always be a festering cancer from afar.

I very much doubt it will end even then - the genie is out of the bottle and putting him back would take decades of isolationism, in my opinion, if you want Thailand back in the 50s. I doubt the overwhelming majority of Thai people would put up with that, to be honest.

In my opinion the 'genie' is state sponsored corruption at the highest political level. This can be dealt with, though it ran unchecked for so long it's not going to be easy (just look to the Chinese). Prayut, just keep taking out the trash, eventually the dubai disease will die and hopefully Thailand will rise on a level playing field.

).

Reconciliation, should never happen. there is nowhere to draw a fair line.

Just being on one side or the other is not a crime, it is those within that have broken the laws of the land within these parties. These are the people who should be banished from any involvement in politics. Blatant corruption whoever was involved, and persons being paid by the state who did not do the job they were paid for.

Again --anyone who is/was collaborating with Thaksin that was holding office should be sacked and dealt with with the full force of the law.

PTP and Yingluck were ruled by the man and should be dealt with accordingly as well as what is ongoing. Anyone else who has been guilty of crime brought to heel. To me RECONCILIATION is a no go area--it will never work and will bring back unwanted offenders.

I honestly cannot make any sense of what you are saying. Maybe you can try again or another poster can explain it to me?

Lay off the drink then, your looking at your thinking only. Some people are with the idea of pardoning all past corrupt incompetent officers, back to riots ??

Edited by ginjag

Gosh. Some vitriol being spewed from the Yellow Kool Aid mob here today. Try some Truth Shades with a lighter shade of YuntaYellow. These amazing sunglasses allow you to read the Truth out there, available in all good bookstores. But not here in Thailand...

Worst criminal in 100 years etc, you are having a laugh are'nt you. NO reconciliation etc . Dearey me i dispair at the lack of open inteligence and complete lack of neutrality by the "posh side". Sad...

I presume it comes from only reading what has been put in front of them in THIS country in the last 10 years. Try looking further, and abroad. It's all out there, and it's history that has not been hobnobbed, neutered, nationalised and altered to suit today's agenda.