The new multiple visa from sweden arrived today

In due course it will be interesting to see how people applying for it back to back get on.

I can see no problem with someone going away for the winter, say Nov - April and spending May - Oct in their home country, but I really want to see how they deal with back to back visas, or someone who has gone the SE visas after theit first METV expires?

The vast majority of those who qualify for the METV will have no need to apply for it. They have easier options. I think the powers that set the conditions for the METV visualize those on package tours, where all flights and hotels are booked in advance. The METV may, indeed, be of value to those few on package tours who do not qualify for visa exempt entries, but whose tour involves more than a single entry into Thailand.

This new visa seems strange as they want applicants to have jobs. Well I'd like to find an employer that offers their employers 60 days leave !

People in jobs don't holiday for more than 30 days so they have no need for this new visa. They can come on visa exempt or regular single visa.

I still can not understand how this visa is any different from the previous tourist visas? Ok you can leave and enter 4 times instead of 3, and it costs more. Big deal

I pretty much agree, but remember that citizens of some countries do not qualify for visa exempt entry or visa on arrival. This is a tiny proportion of total tourism into Thailand, but I guess it could be useful in these rare cases.