Fine dining in Bangkok - Please share your favorite

ExpatOilWorker

The Rib Room & Bar Steakhouse atop The Landmark Hotel - Sukhumvit.

Expensive. Incredible steaks. Awesome View.

Here is Tripadvisor Review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1806794-r130556662-Rib_Room_Bar-Bangkok.html

My Thai Wife and I also enjoy dining at the Chatrium Riverside hotel.

You can easily take the BTS to Thaksin Station. Take their shuttle boat to the hotel. (fun to do this).

Some nights they have a great band and we slow dance after dinner. Dinner Buffet is aweseome, too.

Very romantic - go outside and watch the river traffic at night!

SNAPPER NEW ZEALAND.

One of our FAVS -- Sukhumvit Soi 22. Not expensive. Manager will help you decide fish and preparation.

Next to Charley Brown's Mexican - another FAV for great Queso and Sangria

Here is Tripadvisor for Snapper New Zealand: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d2333714-Reviews-Snapper_New_Zealand-Bangkok.html

Good luck.

While not fine dining Bradmans Bistro Soi 23 Sukhumvit serve a great New Zealand steak

Edited by retoohs

Hello All,

Excuse me to raise this question, my wife and I shall celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary this Saturday night and she fancies Indian food. I have checked tripadvisor and narrowed Indian down to Charcoal at Fraser suites, Mrs Balbirs and Rang Mahal (this is in our hotel). Would anyone have any feedback on these restaurants? I understand this thread is sharing your favorites but haven't been eating downtown for years given working away

We shall be staying at soi 18 so don't want to travel too far.

Many thanks for any feedback,

Regards,

James.d

Meh Ngoo Hao's Khao Man Gai, about 150 metres down Sukhumvit Soi 4 on the right hand pavement; best nam jim and chicken broth in Krung Thep. The price is right duay.

I will have to take your word for it, but here is another suggestion. Rouge at Hansar at Ratchadamri (http://www.hansarbangkok.com/dining/rouge.htm). Book at 6:30 pm by eatigo to get 50% discount on food, show up 10 min late and take you time to order the food, because at 7 pm they have 2 for 1 on wine and drinks.

I did exactly that at Rouge a couple of weeks ago. However the food was only mediocre and we ordered a good selection off the limited menu.

Hello All,

Excuse me to raise this question, my wife and I shall celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary this Saturday night and she fancies Indian food. I have checked tripadvisor and narrowed Indian down to Charcoal at Fraser suites, Mrs Balbirs and Rang Mahal (this is in our hotel). Would anyone have any feedback on these restaurants? I understand this thread is sharing your favorites but haven't been eating downtown for years given working away

Regards,

James.d

Rang Mahal is one of the top three Indian restaurants in town (my ranking) and since it's in your hotel it couldn't be more convenient.

Edited by ricklev

Hello All,

Regards,

James.d

Rang Mahal is one of the top three Indian restaurants in town (my ranking) and since it's in your hotel it couldn't be more convenient.
I agree....Charcoal is also excellent but mostly based around the grilled tandoori meats although they have a full range of curries too.

Not enough to distinguish the two to make the trip over to Charcoal.

Mrs Balbir is good but not in the same league imo.

Edit: Book one of the window tables early to get a nice view as well.

Edited by smokie36

I have checked tripadvisor and narrowed Indian down to Charcoal at Fraser suites, Mrs Balbirs and Rang Mahal (this is in our hotel).

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't include Bangkok's finest Indian restaurant in your shortlist, Gaggan.

http://eatatgaggan.com/

Rang Mahal has very good food in an upmarket environment. Mrs. Balbir's has OK food in an ordinary setting.

I have checked tripadvisor and narrowed Indian down to Charcoal at Fraser suites, Mrs Balbirs and Rang Mahal (this is in our hotel).

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't include Bangkok's finest Indian restaurant in your shortlist, Gaggan.

http://eatatgaggan.com/

Rang Mahal has very good food in an upmarket environment. Mrs. Balbir's has OK food in an ordinary setting.

Gaggan has astronomical prices to match its reputation...over 10k Baht a head to me is too much for a meal.

I second a visit to J'aime in the U Sathorn hotel. I've been on a couple of occasions and the Maitre d Marine is an absolute charm. They serve their food Asian table style where dishes come in smaller separate portions on the plate so everybody can have a taste rather than me having to eye my wife's plate and not so subtly hint " That looks nice"