prison sentences

justaphase

Theyre supposed to take you to immigration but the police who met me from jail let me go cos of my wife and kids. Who incidently werent home and i found out through ths lovely fb she was with a new guy.

Shd called the cops on me btw after 7 years together. Ive smoked for 25 years so she knew obviously.

Beware.

Dont know about the record back home. Im surd its not so important there either.

I got out 11 days ago.

2015-08-04 14:16:43

What's the procedure for remarrying a Thai citizen after I have just divorced?
You said you had divorced in August, did you marry again super quickly ?
"Shd called the cops on me btw after 7 years together." - But you are supposed to be divorced ?
Very strange ;-)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure?

Can I have next weeks lottery numbers Mr I'm sure?

She left cos she's crazy.

Her new bf is skint and going home.

I'm well rid.

6 times she's dobbed me in.

Being youngish and single here is great.

Ive been here 14 years and if theres one thing id wished id done is stay single.

Money and freedom.

Why'd you stay with her after she dobbed you in the first times?

I appreciate you doing this......and let me add my story to the mix .

I didn't speak any Thai and got framed as being a spy and diamond smuggler....first day surrounded by 5, or 10....or 100 300 Thais and I had to fight them all.....After i knocked them all out, I fought a tiger , elephant.... 10 bull elephants and 100 tigers....by week 3 I was fluent in Thai and had my own room mansion. 100 women came to see me daily.....

All those movies with Segal and VanDamme or whatever must be BS!!!!!!!

my thought exactly.....and to expand a tad.

post-6918-0-78504000-1447379055_thumb.pn

I'm sure?

I'm well rid.

Ive been here 14 years and if theres one thing id wished id done is stay single.

Money and freedom.

Maybe if you wernt high on pot you would have seen this coming.... Never mind, laws don't apply to white people...

I appreciate you doing this......and let me add my story to the mix .

I didn't speak any Thai and got framed as being a spy and diamond smuggler....first day surrounded by 5, or 10....or 100 300 Thais and I had to fight them all.....After i knocked them all out, I fought a tiger , elephant.... 10 bull elephants and 100 tigers....by week 3 I was fluent in Thai and had my own room mansion. 100 women came to see me daily.....

All those movies with Segal and VanDamme or whatever must be BS!!!!!!!

"Don't Like"

I'm sure?

I'm well rid.

Money and freedom.

Maybe if you wernt high on pot you would have seen this coming.... Never mind, laws don't apply to white people...

Wonder why the majority of Thai prisons is full with Thais if like you suggest white people are the law breakers.

I ddnt lose them because of pot.

I lost them because she's crazy.

What's funny about the gun?

I am sure having a farang husband in a Thai prison was the reason.

The fact she found another farang means she can't be all that crazy.

Sad story to be in prison and lose your family for Pot

Your kidding right!!!

She married the "justphase" knowing full well of his preference for smoking pot (far better than cigarettes or alcohol IMO). FM there must be millions of people world wide who smoke pot and have families in countries that impose far harsher sentences than 3000 baht or 6 weeks in the klink! For a wife to be able to hitch and move in with another guy kids and all in just 49 days indicates she probably had that guy already lined up and waiting. I think her behaviour is absolutely despicable and the actions of a coward! If she wanted to leave the OP she could have done so before or after his release and supported him during his time served. Probably the one who stitched him up in the first place. Caesar's ghost, if you think that her behaviour is justified for a 49 day stint in jail for smoking or possession of less than a 100 grams of weed then I certainly wont be marrying a Thai woman anytime soon! Better or for worse I guess means naught.

Note to JUSTPHASE. Please disregard some of the moronic posts from the arm chair judges. I hope things work out for you and I suspect your wife has done you a favour in the long run. I am sorry though for the kids involved but no doubt you will do your best to stay close to them.

Did you lack the foresight or funds to pay your way out of this?

Bribing does not always work, the now (ex) and me were getting a divorce. The amphur asked a translation of the passport (we got it) then when we came back wanted that certified by MFA (they don't do that and neither did the embassy) So after going there and back a few times I decided to put some money in an enveloppe and try my luck., (did not work)

In the end we just switched amphurs and that worked they did not care about the translation at all, did not need it according to them and a certification was also not needed.

So my experience is that bribing does not always work.. maybe he tried and failed.

Theyre supposed to take you to immigration but the police who met me from jail let me go cos of my wife and kids. Who incidently werent home and i found out through ths lovely fb she was with a new guy.

Shd called the cops on me btw after 7 years together. Ive smoked for 25 years so she knew obviously.

Beware.

Dont know about the record back home. Im surd its not so important there either.

I got out 11 days ago.

Haven't we had a little spliff again whilst typing???

Was smoking Pot worth it? Worth prison and losing your family?

There are lots of people that think the law does not apply to them, until they get caught years later.

I would think a wife and kids would be enough deterrent to follow the law but for you I guess not

Moralising on a thread like this is boring, not to mention stating the obvious.

He did the crime, and he did his time.

..and there it is everyone...a contribution to the decay, towards the lowest common denominator.

Throw out the accusation and label of being boring, to try to win an argument. An argument by the way, that is not just dumbing down, but trying to legitimise and support criminals.

Is TV now a place to swap advice for how to survive in jail, is it a criminal support network now?

Is there no value in discussing morals, social-cultural trends of change, or are we dumbing down?

dbrenn: don't bother replying if all you do is hurl insults - you'll just add weight to my points. But please do reply if you have something worth saying that gets the grey matter tingling with constructive and challenging thought.

There are lots of people that think the law does not apply to them, until they get caught years later.

I would think a wife and kids would be enough deterrent to follow the law but for you I guess not

How about cutting him a bit of slack. You are very judgmental. He has served his sentence for a relatively minor crime.

True, but it does sound like he is (along with some responders) portraying himself as a cross between a hero and a victim.

Also generalizing about Thai men (they smoke like 9 year olds ... 60% are bi) based on spending time caged up with a small number of men who have any number of atypical "issues" is nonsense.

..and there it is everyone...a contribution to the decay, towards the lowest common denominator.

Throw out the accusation and label of being boring, to try to win an argument. An argument by the way, that is not just dumbing down, but trying to legitimise and support criminals.

Is TV now a place to swap advice for how to survive in jail, is it a criminal support network now?

Is there no value in discussing morals, social-cultural trends of change, or are we dumbing down?

dbrenn: don't bother replying if all you do is hurl insults - you'll just add weight to my points. But please do reply if you have something worth saying that gets the grey matter tingling with constructive and challenging thought.

I'm sure you're quite welcome to start as many thread as you like discussing morals, social-cultural trends of change, or whatever other topics you find interesting or feel important.

Fact is, TVF is a place to swap advice about many things Thai-related, whether or not they meet our moral standards, and it seems that many of us are interested in a situation where someone is brave enough to relate their situation of spending what seems a ludicrous amount of time in jail for possessing a demonized plant.

Do you seriously think that using weed is criminal behavior? If so, perhaps that's more a matter of indoctrination rather than logical justice.

I'm sure you're quite welcome to start as many thread as you like discussing morals, social-cultural trends of change, or whatever other topics you find interesting or feel important.

...I am sure I am, thanks. But that was not my point.

Fact is, TVF is a place to swap advice about many things Thai-related, whether or not they meet our moral standards, and it seems that many of us are interested in a situation where someone is brave enough to relate their situation of spending what seems a ludicrous amount of time in jail for possessing a demonized plant.

...so there are no boundaries for you? Would you condone convicted criminals giving advise to other criminals on how to carry out their crimes without being caught? You have no limits in this?

..."demonized plant" - you make the plant sound like a victim.

Do you seriously think that using weed is criminal behavior? If so, perhaps that's more a matter of indoctrination rather than logical justice.

...I don't make the law. You should take this up with the Thai judicial system.

On top of the reportedly already high percentage of gay men here, that doesn't surprise me.

I doubt that the rate in Thailand is higher than f. ex. in US or EU. It is only the difference that they feel not ashamed to be gay and are tolerated everywhere so they don't mind to tell everyone that they are gay.

Beware.

I got out 11 days ago.

What is it with Thais ? A friend of mine was jailed for twenty five years just because his Thai girlfriend had been nicked with a few pills. Of course the Thai Police didn't want a few baht off her, they wanted a bigger fish. So being a good Thai and of course a good Buddhist she shopped her boyfriend in for various shenanigans that he was up to, and hey presto, she's free and he's just been released back to Britain after nearly fifteen years in Bang Kwang........ I do hope Karma comes round to these cockroaches........

Beware.

I got out 11 days ago.

What is it with Thais ? A friend of mine was jailed for twenty five years just because his Thai girlfriend had been nicked with a few pills. Of course the Thai Police didn't want a few baht off her, they wanted a bigger fish. So being a good Thai and of course a good Buddhist she shopped her boyfriend in for various shenanigans that he was up to, and hey presto, she's free and he's just been released back to Britain after nearly fifteen years in Bang Kwang........ I do hope Karma comes round to these cockroaches........

will he be writing a book? unfortunately karma is a myth

I'm sure?

I'm well rid.

Money and freedom.

Perhaps she became crazy because she stayed with you for so damn long LOL