Bangkok bomb suspects, identified as Uighurs, set to be indicted

webfact

Bangkok bomb suspects, identified as Uighurs, set to be indicted
The Nation

30272807-01_big.jpg
Corrections officials yesterday accompany the two prime suspects in the double bombings in Bangkok in August to the Military Court to seek their further detention. Out front is Meiraili Yusufu, followed by Bilal Muhammed.

BANGKOK: -- THE MILITARY Court's prosecutors are expected to next week indict two suspects accused of involvement in the two bomb explosions in Bangkok in August, the lawyer of one of the suspects said yesterday.

Kanchai Choochart, representing Bilal Muhammed, 24, said he would outline the defence plan when the prosecutors indicted his client.

He was speaking at the Military Court after his client and Meiraili Yusufu, 26, were taken from special detention at a military base to the court so the authorities could seek permission to further detain the suspects. Police identified them as Chinese Uighurs.

The court agreed to the request, meaning police can keep them detained until Tuesday. The prosecutors have to decide within that period whether to indict them.

The lawyer said that prosecutors did not indict his client yesterday because there were many complicated documents to review.

The lawyer said that prosecutors did not indict his client yesterday because there were many complicated documents to review.

Police have charged the duo with many offences, including multiple murders, illegal entry and possessing of weapons without a permit.

The Erawan Shrine blast in Bangkok on August 17 killed 20 people, mostly foreigners, and injured many others.

No one was wounded in the blast at a pier on Chao Phraya River the following day.

Bilal was arrested at an apartment in Bangkok's Nong Chok district, while Meiraili was found trying to sneak into Cambodia at Sa Kaew province.

Bilal has confessed to assembling explosives that caused death and injury, Kanchai said, adding that he did not know what charges the prosecutors would use to indict the suspects.

Meiraili is represented by another lawyer.

Both suspects were taken to the court yesterday amidst tight security and they showed no emotion.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bangkok-bomb-suspects-identified-as-Uighurs-set-to-30272807.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-13

Why does the heading not say:

Bangkok bomb suspects, identified as Muslim Uighurs, set to be indicted

why is everyone scared of printing the word Muslim and tell it how it is? my post will probably get removed as racist and again thats how it is '

Sam Harris explains why

why is everyone scared of printing the word Muslim and tell it how it is? my post will probably get removed as racist and again thats how it is '

The protection of tourism is paramount in this instance even though it may well look like an act of terror to most who have attained the age to be able to read.

i found highly suspect that these people are prosecuted by a military court. Does uncle Too have something to hide?

If tried in a criminal court the defendets would be entitled to time-consuming due process including appeal rights. It seems the Junta prefers delivering justice quickly through military courts having no appeal even if it means violating human rights. Military trials are also not subject to public disclosures and information is far more controlled than with criminal courts.

Is this still not being treated as a terrorist attack? What a joke.

Interestingly, the majority Han Chinese consider the Uighurs a terrorist threat. What about the 20+ that were captured in Afghanistan and later detained in Gitmo? What about the increasing ties to the Uighurs movement to other known terrorist groups?

Sam Harris explains why

Do Christians get identified by religion when they bomb and murder people.It should be Chinese Uighers.Maybe Chinese is the word they are scared of using.

Because it's axiomatic (I hope you can understand that word) that a Uighur is a Muslim.

If you had taken the trouble to find out who Uighurs are, where they come from, and their history of occupation by the Chinese, you would know that.

Edited by Enoon

Because it's axiomatic (I hope you can understand that word) that a Uighur is a Muslim.

If you had taken the trouble to find out who Uighurs are, where they come from, and their history of occupation by the Chinese, you would know that.

lol .. i am sure I am not the only one on here that does not know that or what axiomatic means ..

lol .. i am sure I am not the only one on here that does not know that or what axiomatic means ..

Its an Irish atomatic axe.

at last we now know the nationality of these two they are Chinese uighurs and I have always maintained they have been fitted up for the shrine bombing .

Horse crap.

It was obvious from the start it was Uighurs.

Edited by jesimps

i found highly suspect that these people are prosecuted by a military court. Does uncle Too have something to hide?

If tried in a criminal court the defendets would be entitled to time-consuming due process including appeal rights. It seems the Junta prefers delivering justice quickly through military courts having no appeal even if it means violating human rights. Military trials are also not subject to public disclosures and information is far more controlled than with criminal courts.

If a trial process avoids " time consuming die process", has no appeal rights, avoids the need for public disclosure and violates human rights I really don't think it can be described as delivering justice.

If a trial process avoids " time consuming die process", has no appeal rights, avoids the need for public disclosure and violates human rights I really don't think it can be described as delivering justice.

" time consuming die process" is that some sort of Freudian slip ??

" time consuming die process" is that some sort of Freudian slip ??

F F S - fat Finger Syndrome!

IMHO these two were merely pawns in some much deeper plot. They were commissioned to do a job and carried it out and paid accordingly. They would be far removed from the big boys and would not have a clue who they were really working for. Anyway it is now all done and dusted and the reward/s have been paid out and the big boss has retired in a blaze of glory. Nothing left to do now except to stitch up these two and forget about it all. Thai justice wins again.

and it is how their Chinese masters would do it and would want it done.

Sam Harris explains why

Do Christians get identified by religion when they bomb and murder people.It should be Chinese Uighers.Maybe Chinese is the word they are scared of using.

No Christians do not - because any Christian who does such an act is not doing it to defend Christianity nor to further it ... said another way -- no religious motivation or involvement ... More of a happenstance than anything else.

Edited by JDGRUEN

and it is how their Chinese masters would do it and would want it done.

in others words they might be innocent as well!

I wonder if Andy Hall do have free time, 2 another scapegoats need his help...

Or Uighurs ! (but axiomatic - YES for me)