Non Immigrant O and tax

Apparently and I didnt know but is you spend more that 180 days in Thailand in one Tax year on an 90 day multiple entry you are eliible for tax. The tax year I read about October 1//11/14 to September 30/9/15. Would be more than 180 days as I had a few months off work. I got letter stating I owed about 650 Baht, I think the bank may have paid it as they took it of a 100k Bt transfer i made on 30/9. Maybe last years tax bill , timing seems right. Im hoping tis figure is for last year, if is strats monthly I will take my money out of thaland and into Singapore. Anyone else on here had the same sort of thing, what happened, did the tax taking continue ?, Mailed the tax office quite clearly states about 180 days but I want know when the take it , shouldnt apply this year or will they take it monthly and I'll have to apply for rebate ?

Unless you are working here and having taxes deducted you will not pay any taxes unless you have a large amount of money in a savings account. Or if you are getting income from an investment and etc.

They certainly do not deduct taxes just because you are here over 180 days in a calendar year.

Unless you are working here and having taxes deducted you will not pay any taxes unless you have a large amount of money in a savings account. Or if you are getting income from an investment and etc.

They certainly do not deduct taxes just because you are here over 180 days in a calendar year.

Thanks I'll have to look into it then, I know and have paid the tax on interest from my Time deposits, It was something to do with a transaction from singapore from account in my name 100, 000bt To Bkk Bank acount in my nameAready asked Tax department what is happening if this is every month , I may save my money in Singapore instead

As far as I know the do not deduce any taxes for incoming transfers. The fee for transfers is .25% up to a max of 500 baht. See: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/CurrencyExchange/Pages/Fees.aspx#1

Who sent the letter staring you owed 650 baht.

Came through my bank delivered to my address in Singapore from BKK bank saying they have taken 650bt for GTF (Vat) I think that is, The letter is in my work place at the moment

It must have been a bank fee relating to the remittance you made from your bank account in Singapore to your account in Thailand, not a tax.

Think you may of hit on something I had a letter for my money transfer to the missus of 60k on 11th of the Month and Mine on the 30th, fees were 30sd today that is 750bt but after a week and it could easily have been 650, with sing bank scratching for a few more dollars