PM asks Thai envoys to help explain political situations

webfact

FOREIGN AFFAIRS
PM asks Thai envoys to help explain political situations

BANGKOK: -- Thailand places great importance on cooperation with foreign countries particularly Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam, and will walk together with them, leaving no one behind, Prime Minister Prayut Chanocha said on Friday.

He was speaking at the opening of a meeting of ambassadors and consuls general at the Foreign Ministry in Bangkok.

"We will also extend the cooperation through the transportation network and not regard borders as obstacles in our cooperation," Prayut said.

However safety at the border checkpoints would also be ensured.

He also told the audience that Thailand will certainly hold a national election and his government is working according to the timeline of the road map it set when it took office.

He also told the audience that Thailand will certainly hold a national election and his government is working according to the timeline of the road map it set when it took office.

He assured the envoys that his government is trying to solve problems in order to upgrade the country's standard to an international and acceptable level especially in the areas of illegal, unreported and unregistered fisheries, human trafficking and aviation standards.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/PM-asks-Thai-envoys-to-help-explain-political-situ-30272857.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-13

"He also told the audience that Thailand will certainly hold a national election and his government is working according to the timeline of the road map it set when it took office."

Wasn't the original timeline an election towards the end of 2015 when they grabbed power?

"He also told the audience that Thailand will certainly hold a national election and his government is working according to the timeline of the road map it set when it took office."

He simply said Thailand, no word of whether the election will be in his lifetime. It seems the government's timeline is subject to ripples and the road map is actually a trans sahara camel route map from the days of the pharoahs.

Wasn't the original timeline an election towards the end of 2015 when they grabbed power?

Not the election timeline he announced to the people. The real one that only the military and elites know about and which has yet to be determined.

At the moment there is only one country being left behind.

Exactly. It's hard to leave anyone behind when they are all 40 steps in front of you.

Maybe this is the first honest announcement Prayut has made and only true because he has no influence on the outcome.

He assured the envoys that his government is trying to solve problems in order to upgrade the country's standard to an international and acceptable level especially in the areas of illegal, unreported and unregistered fisheries, human trafficking and aviation standards.

To be fair, these problems predated the coup and likely will outlive this Junta.

However, the list is sadly much longer, including:

- Corruption of government, military and private sectors

- Shortfalls in education (e.g. English language attainment)

- Poor road safety record

Many of us deride the Junta, and cheer on the prospect of a (better functioning) democracy.

But whoever is the next crop of leaders has a huge challenge in front of them and will need both a mandate and a productive government.

Given that..the need for political reconciliation is greater than ever, yet the signs of reconciliation are rare. I don't credit the Junta for much of anything in that regard. And in the absence of a strongly led process, the opposing parties seem to be laying back and biding their time.

Overarching this atmosphere of non-achievement is the waiting game on everyone's mind, but so rarely broached as a subject.

Would you like a spoonful of LM with your empty bowl of discussion?

"Please understand, I'm a Prime Minister who was legally "elected" by my very own hand picked senate, just after I held the coup, that I said I wouldn't hold. As for elections? Well, we will have them someday, but I can't promise you when. There, is that all clear now?"

Today he tells the audience what they want to hear. Tomorrow will also probably see the usual reversion to type and he will fly off the handle at some question or other. It is getting quite predictable by now - oh, and what will the poll results be about on Sunday?

Than we would have the next Shinawatra filling the pocket now....And recall "Democracy is not my goal" from Mr. Thaksin.

Better have Prayut.....even intellectually he is a male version of Yingluck....

Than we would have the next Shinawatra filling the pocket now....And recall "Democracy is not my goal" from Mr. Thaksin.

.....which seems to imply he's just a puppet for those pulling the strings from behind. Same same, just different team then.

You see much but understand little. Better you be blind to what you imagine. wai2.gif

"A blind man who sees is better than a seeing man who is blind." - proverb

"imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane" - Tom Waits