Beirut: is Syria’s war spreading?

Jonathan Fairfield

Beirut: is Syria’s war spreading?

606x341_317034.jpg

A day of mourning is underway across Lebanon, after one of the worst attacks on civilians since the end of the country’s civil war.

At least 43 people died on Thursday when bombers from the self-identified Islamic State targeted a busy street in a southern suburb of Beirut.

Investigators are combing the debris for evidence.

This is a Hezbollah neighbourhood. Hussein al-Khalil, a spokesman for the armed group’s leader, Hassan Nasrallah*, says the fight against terrorism will continue.

“What happened here confirms that we are on the right path. This battle against terrorism will continue. This is not a short battle but a long war between the people of Lebanon and the forces of terrorism.”

Iran-backed Hezbollah supports President Bashar al-Assad in his fight against IS in Syria.

The Lebanese government has held an emergency meeting, as analysts repeat their concerns that Syria’s civil war is becoming a regional conflict.

International condemnation

The UN, US and France have condemned Thursday’s attack.

Hezbollah’s political opponents in Lebanon have also condemned the atrocity. Sunni politician Saad al-Hariri, who leads the Future Movement, described the perpetrators as “cowardly and unjustified.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-14

Maybe it is so easy to label these people whom we do not know on a personal level because there are simply no leaders willing to step to the forefront and take the reigns to end all of this increasing violence around the world.

I don't know. I am merely uttering my thoughts.

Maybe if there were someone in this world that people could look up to and admire and trust in...

I know we all disagree on a lot of things, yet can anyone name any one leader right now who sets the example and who is at least trying to bring balance?

I can only think of one... Mr. Putin.

Everyone else on the platter has their hands wet with blood and words of hate and worn out lies which no one believes anymore. I mean really... when you really look at everyone else... they have had their time inthe spotlight and the shade is turning red with the splatter of their failures of lust.

I am not implying One Ring to Rule them all... but I am only saying... who has the respect of all nations right now?

Only one person I can think of!

It really makes a person tired, yes?

I am just so tired of it all. It makes my head ache.