Do you fancy staying at Soi Wat Boon?

walkingstreet

I formerly lived near Soi Wat Boon, near its junction with Jomtien Second Road, What you see is what you get. Public transportation can be a problem at night. There are no scheduled songthaews on Soi Wat Boon. On Sukhumwit, the white songthaew stops running at about 6 p.m. On beach road service starts to get spotty from about 8 p.m. onwards. If you are coming from Pattaya, and all the Thai passengers get off, some unscrupulous drivers want to turn it into a taxi, and they demand a taxi fare to take you to your destination.

Soi Watboon is barely 2km long.....far and deep from the beach ?

Most of those developments have battery Golf carts that run back and fore to the very distant beach beyond the horizon........

Unless you have a physical impairement 2 km is not far. You are not Thai are you ? They think walking the length of themselves is far !

They take a Motor bike to a 7/11 if its more than 100 mtrs blink.png

Most of those developments have battery Golf carts that run back and fore to the very distant beach beyond the horizon........

Unless you have a physical impairement 2 km is not far. You are not Thai are you ? They think walking the length of themselves is far !

They allow golf buggy to go all the way to the beach ??

Is the service free ?

2 km is not long is you do it once a month.

At the condo I live on Wat Boon, the cart costs 10 bt if you're renting and free if you're an owner (to Suk'vit and the beach).

Leave every hour on the hour from 9-5 inclusive, will pick you up and take you back if you wait at the drop off point.

I just use a motor cycle taxi which are at the entrance, if not drinking I take my car.

Edit. Forgot to mention the cart doesn't run at 12 midday as they're all having lunch. Not sure why they all feel the need to take it together.

Edited by lou62

At the condo I live on Wat Boon, the cart costs 10 bt if you're renting and free if you're an owner (to Suk'vit and the beach).

Leave every hour on the hour from 9-5 inclusive, will pick you up and take you back if you wait at the drop off point.

I just use a motor cycle taxi which are at the entrance, if not drinking I take my car.

Edit. Forgot to mention the cart doesn't run at 12 midday as they're all having lunch. Not sure why they all feel the need to take it together.

" Not sure why they all feel the need to take it together "

that always happens here and that's why we should all hope no disasters occur at 12 midday when they eventually build their nuclear power plantblink.png

I have a mate who lives between Watboon and Chayaiphruek.

He is over 70 years old and drives on the motorbike daily (too fast for me tongue.png ).

At least two / three times per week to Pattaya.

The fittest of the fit do their daily ways in the area on the bicycle.

Makro, Big C and Tesco Hyper are just "around the corner" on Sukhumvit.

An easy, less than 10 min ride to immigration office.

But without my own transportation (motorbike, car) I would hesitate to move there.

I live in upcountry, between 16 and 20 km to 7/11, Makro, Tesco.

100 km to province capital with more fancy stuff.

Just to give you an idea.

Edited by KhunBENQ

It is the law in Thailand. Lunch is from 12 to 1. Any other lunch time is seen as subversive.

Why did they build the condos in the Soi and not along Jomtien 2nd Road ?

Is there any attraction in Soi Wat Boon ?

Enough monstrous mass accomodation on 2nd road already.

Even driving bye lets me shudder.

2nd road, ugly as ...

Living at the race track?

No thanks.

There are 3 developments from the same developer nestled in this Soi. It's pretty deep in and far from the beach.

Any good reason to stay there? Any activities around that area?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just read my previous posts about Paradise Park and soi watboon. It was a nightmare living there, I sold my unit so I'm happy I managed to escape from it all. I bought off plan which was a big mistake. There is a workers camp next door and the noise is terrible, karaoke music, barking dogs, etc. if you have to live there choose a room with a pool view.

Maybe it's bettter after they finished the Amazon building, but all the trucks and noise in the morning will not dissappear. The construction workers lives there , and make a lot of noise. Also they use cheap material with thin walls so you can hear what the neighbor is up to.

Good luck!

There are 3 developments from the same developer nestled in this Soi. It's pretty deep in and far from the beach.

Just read my previous posts about Paradise Park and soi watboon. It was a nightmare living there, I sold my unit so I'm happy I managed to escape from it all. I bought off plan which was a big mistake. There is a workers camp next door and the noise is terrible, karaoke music, barking dogs, etc. if you have to live there choose a room with a pool view.

Maybe it's bettter after they finished the Amazon building, but all the trucks and noise in the morning will not dissappear. The construction workers lives there , and make a lot of noise. Also they use cheap material with thin walls so you can hear what the neighbor is up to.

Good luck!

Is the Soi flood prone ? Did Paradise Park become Atlantis during the heavy thunderstorm in September ?

Good luck!

Is the Soi flood prone ? Did Paradise Park become Atlantis during the heavy thunderstorm in September ?

No there's no flooding in the soi leading up to the three condos. .I lived there for 1 year.

2 kms is no fun if you have to walk it 2-4 times a day. I would never get a condo unless it was on the regular baht bus route.

2 kms is no fun if you have to walk it 2-4 times a day. I would never get a condo unless it was on the regular baht bus route.

Indeed. I have a car and dont mind using it, but what if one day I cant drive for some reason, or dont want to? That's why my condo building is also on a main bahtbus route.

Lots of noise from the building and the giant workers camp and truck park beside Park Lane resort, plus the soi floods in heavy rain

The best thing about the Soi is The Winchester Gentlemens club at the second rd end, lovely girls, classy club and free food Tuesday arvo

Edited by pitchag

Lots of noise from the building and the giant workers camp and truck park beside Park Lane resort, plus the soi floods in heavy rain

Amazon Residence completed. The worker's camp still around? And what about developer's claim about new roads being built to prevent floods?

Matrix made the most of every square inch so even the 34sqm 1 bedders are reasonably comfortable for a single guy. Buggies go every hour or so. 7/11, Lotus and a few bars in walking distance. Not ideal without your own transport and I know the last time I visited Park Lane a few years ago was surprised that the communual areas hadn't weathered well. Also is the workers camp still there?. Rates used to be approx. 12k a month, cheaper if long term but would suspect as it was predominantly Russian there may be units available cheaper.

Amazon Residence completed. The worker's camp still around? And what about developer's claim about new roads being built to prevent floods?

The workers camp will always be there, didnt you know that they are building condos all over Jomtien, not only for Matrix ? That was not mentioned in the contract that I signed. I sent a mail to Matrix and asked them how long the workers camp would be there , never got a reply from them. I complained about the noise , never heard from the developer.

So finally I just sold the unit under market value just to get rid of it.

Edited by balo

No activity with the Savanna Sands project, But I hear the commercials for it on the radio. I guess they are waiting for the Russians to return , that could take a few years.

It looks like many developments in Pattaya are waiting for the return of the Russians, and other nationalities, but in a minute someone will be around to say that the real estate is thriving in Pattaya.

No activity with the Savanna Sands project, But I hear the commercials for it on the radio. I guess they are waiting for the Russians to return , that could take a few years.

It looks like many developments in Pattaya are waiting for the return of the Russians, and other nationalities, but in a minute someone will be around to say that the real estate is thriving in Pattaya.

Yep. Things were looking better 5 years ago when the developers were aquiring the land, money, plans, permits and contractor bids.

Then the customers disappeared around the time they were breaking ground and drilling the piles.

Ooops!