Farrang Involved In Koh Samui Hit & Run

CCTV footage captures the moment a man, said to be a foreigner, walked on to the road to avoid a puddle being hit by a pickup that then runs over his head.

The incident took place on Saturday night just after 9pm on the island of Koh Samui.

There are no news reports covering the accident at this time so its not known if the man survived or the driver has been apprehended.

The story will be updated as more details become available.

Ouch!! but walking down the middle of the road, you are asking for trouble?

As opposed to walking into a large area of water? May I remind you of;

- the electrocution of the young foreigner in Patong when he touched a life wire that was in a puddle of water

- the broken ankle of the elderly gent when he assumed that he could traverse a puddle, that was really a large hole in the pavement

It is difficult to walk safely in Thailand when sidewalks are obstructed with debris and vendors or are in poor condition.

How about focusing on the reckless negligent driver who fled the scene of his collision?

Ouch!! but walking down the middle of the road, you are asking for trouble?

As opposed to walking into a large area of water? May I remind you of;

- the electrocution of the young foreigner in Patong when he touched a life wire that was in a puddle of water

- the broken ankle of the elderly gent when he assumed that he could traverse a puddle, that was really a large hole in the pavement

It is difficult to walk safely in Thailand when sidewalks are obstructed with debris and vendors or are in poor condition.

How about focusing on the reckless negligent driver who fled the scene of his collision?

how about the man choosing a different place to walk? Be patient and go a few yards further down as the couple in front of him did. Of course the truck driver should have stopped, no argument there. The man looked a bit off to me.