Usefruct in Pattaya, anyone succeeded lately?

samsung99

A little gift might help to accelerate things, without it might be difficult or even impossible.

Seems corruption is still rift down at the land office, I thought the big man was routing out corrupt government officials, but seems it is business as usual...

Depending on your nationality you could be in trouble back home for making improper payments (bribes) to government officials of any country if found out.

Hi anti. hope you don't mind me asking you. I have read on a post that you used a lawyer for a house purchase recently. Can I ask you who the lawyer was. And if they are any good and recommended. Thanks v much

[/quote

They only operate in Chiang Mai as far as i know.Called ICO Int.Group.tel;053-126045/6.

They were fine for me and very reasonable in price .I used them 5 years ago.You dont strictly need a lawyer here for house purchase but i am used to using a lawyer in my home country.

Edited by anto

I'm a bit confused here....Sidhi-kep-kin/ Usufruct for what purpose...a foreigner trying to somehow secure/owning land or the house ...???

The former is illegal and the later, the best you can achieve(from my experience) is a yellow book and bliss

of nurturing a long and a great relationship.

If not.... sign it all over the the 50/50 kid!!

Our dealing with the Sattahip land office (for a Najomtien location) 8 years ago was tedious but professional... BUT take a lawyer just in case.

8 years on - I would have rented :-), :-)

Now I am confused.

Usufruct has nothing to do with ownership, its about right of use

I think, yes / no ?

I could be wrong.

YES, its only right to use. You don't try to own it and you will not own anything. Basically a right to use until your time is over (until you die).

To make it legit you should not enter the value 0 as payment into the usufruct, but a realistic price. Why? Because no one who is not insane will leave you the right to use it for free. If you follow this little rule it can be seen as the safest way of using a property until your dead. But nothing is 100%, who knows what the laws of tomorrow will be. So only invest what you are ok to loose.

My brother in law (Thai) is a senior partner at a Law firm....

We were discussing Ferrangs having Usefruct's added to the deeds only last month....

His slant on them is that the Ferrang who takes one out is likely to think that he's bomb proof and can live in the house till he pops his clogs...

But.....

He can't stop his ex lady (ie the owner of the house) selling the property (with the ferrang as a sitting tenant) - so when its sold to the local chapter of the hells angels throwing all night parties or maybe the local money lender who threatens to do harm to him if he stays - whats the Ferrang going to do then ??

Of if the ex rings the Police and says that he's hit her and threatened her...

Or suggests to the Police he's dealing in illegal substances and low and behold they find some when they rock round...

Brother in law reccons any lawyer worth his salts having been employed by the ex, would have the Ferrang packing his bags and running for the hills within the month....

I think i'll stick to renting....

BIL sounds like he knows nothing about Thai law but I'm certain he's a great drinking partner!

Just done this in Korat with a local lawyer, all very simple and straight forward, just make sure you have a will from your partner that should they die before you the property is willed to you not their closest relative, then you have by law one year to sell it, need more honest help pm me.

Just done this in Korat with a local lawyer, all very simple and straight forward, just make sure you have a will from your partner that should they die before you the property is willed to you not their closest relative, then you have by law one year to sell it, need more honest help pm me.

My wife has willed it to our 12 year old daughter ,in case both of us die.

Op, who owns the land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your partner, but with a usafruct the land canno be used as collateral to take a loan out from a bank, you are safe living there for the rest of your life.

I know what they are!!

Do you not trust your partner?

Also, why have you not made inquiries with the land office before now, it seems all very last minute.

How much was the land & build?

Just got an update from two big law companies in Pattaya.

Both say that usufructs are not possible anymore in Pattaya no matter how good the connection (you know what I mean) with the head of the land office are.

Sad to hear, probably now must go with a 30 year lease....

:-(

Both say that usufructs are not possible anymore in Pattaya no matter how good the connection (you know what I mean) with the head of the land office are.

I though both were the same ?..thinking of it i am not sure if in fact i have the Usufruct (which i asked for ) or a 30 year lease .My name is on the Chanote .Would it be in both cases ?

Edited by anto

I though both were the same ?..thinking of it i am not sure if in fact i have the Usufruct (which i asked for ) or a 30 year lease .My name is on the Chanote .Would it be in both cases ?

Unless you're Thai your name isn't on the chanote

>>Unless you're Thai your name isn't on the chanote<<

My name is on the Chanote .I checked that several times with different unrelated Thai people .My wifes name is registered on the Chanote first ,and my name was printed on the Chanote two weeks later .I also know the Thai script for my name ,and i can see it myself on the Chanote.

Edited by anto

My name is on the Chanote .I checked that several times with different unrelated Thai people .My wifes name is registered on the Chanote first ,and my name was printed on the Chanote two weeks later .I also know the Thai script for my name ,and i can see it myself on the Chanote.

No way no how no chance

You're dreaming friend, now wake up as you're being done

Unless you're Thai your name isn't on the chanote

So is mine (not on yours of course cheesy.gif )

So rocketboybkk what say you to that............

No way no how no chance

You're dreaming friend, now wake up as you're being done

If your name was not on there how would a prospective purchaser know there was an Usufruct and who it was for.........

How much you wanna bet?

As it is supposedly laid down in land law is there any way to complain to a higher authority - I have no idea who that would be or where to complain bye the way. Especially in light of the current political situation?

As it is supposedly laid down in land law is there any way to complain to a higher authority - I have no idea who that would be or where to complain bye the way. Especially in light of the current political situation?

The problem is that it is up to the decision of the land office if they want to give a usufruct to you or not. We Farangs don't have to right to get one, only the right to apply for one.

i would not trust any lawyers word get your wife to go and ask

So is mine (not on yours of course cheesy.gif )

So rocketboybkk what say you to that............

and mine ......3 strikes and your out Rocky