Will NATO respond to the attacks on Paris?

webfact

Will NATO Respond to the Attacks on Paris?
KRISHNADEV CALAMUR

If France invokes Article 5 of the alliance’s charter, it will launch a joint response against the Islamic State

NEW YORK: -- The killings of 129 people in multiple attacks on Paris on Friday have resulted in calls for a NATO campaign against the Islamic State, which claimed responsibility for the carnage.

“That’s a decision for the French to make,” Ben Rhodes, the White House’s deputy national security adviser, said on NBC’s Meet the Press. “What we’ve made clear to the French is we will be shoulder to shoulder with them in this response.”

At issue is Article 5 of NATO’s charter, which states that an attack on one member of the alliance is an attack on all of them. A response is based on the principle of collective defense. The article has been invoked just once in NATO’s more than six-decade history: after the attack of September 11, 2001.

Full story: http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/11/nato-paris-attack-article-5/416097/

-- The Atlantic 2015-11-16

Last time nato got involved , with our tax euro's , Ghaddafi was killed ...and Libya now is in chaos.

Let the euro's just try to keep their country safe , that will be a big enough task already.

If these attacks were happening in the US the UK France Germany etc would be exprected to support any US produced plan as a coalition, 9/11 was a fine example.

Unfortunately the longer this goes on and the longer the migrants continue to flow the situation just escalates as ISIS plants it operatives amongst them.

The only way to deal with this debacle is head-on in the middle east, cut the head off the snake which will require a ground offensive, remove these evil paedophile sick scum from the face of the planet

It smells a bit like false flag to get nato into the war in Syria. Something we definately should stay out off. Let the Russians burn themselves. Or lets print some more euro's to pay for a war there , while nothing is being done to the dire situation of each european country itself.

Last time nato got involved , with our tax euro's , Ghaddafi was killed ...and Libya now is in chaos.

Let the euro's just try to keep their country safe , that will be a big enough task already.

If these attacks were happening in the US the UK France Germany etc would be exprected to support any US produced plan as a coalition, 9/11 was a fine example.

Unfortunately the longer this goes on and the longer the migrants continue to flow the situation just escalates as ISIS plants it operatives amongst them.

The only way to deal with this debacle is head-on in the middle east, cut the head off the snake which will require a ground offensive, remove these evil paedophile sick scum from the face of the planet

Agree with everything except the pedophile tag. That was no necessary.

What alternative name would you suggest? They marry and rape children, but it's ok I guess, God said so in a book written by a man 1500 years ago.

I'm sorry but these sick ***** are kidnapping children as young as 10 and enslaving them for their own disgusting needs, if you can think of another word to describe that then go ahead - I will stick firmly with my statement

These sick scum are getting their way with kids on this planet never mind what they think they are going to get when they make a mess in a shopping center.

The ISIS scum are all about Greed Power Money and getting their satisfaction abusing children and murder - words fail me

I'm sorry but these sick ***** are kidnapping children as young as 10 and enslaving them for their own disgusting needs, if you can think of another word to describe that then go ahead - I will stick firmly with my statement

These sick scum are getting their way with kids on this planet never mind what they think they are going to get when they make a mess in a shopping center.

The ISIS scum are all about Greed Power Money and getting their satisfaction abusing children and murder - words fail me

Not Pedos ? Check This Out, but it could really sicken you.

Edited by DisparateDan