Immigration visit your home

Not sure how you got a non-o visa at an immigration office. I think you mean an extension of stay based on something. Marriage, retirement and such.

The only visits I know of are for the first extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

At the moment I have a non O visa for marriage from Savannakhet, Laos, but the next time I apply for this visa I will go to Chaeng Wattana.

I have heard that after you have been given the visa, the immigration will visit your home to check up. I just want to know if this is the case and if it has happened to anybody.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

When you apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage (it is not a visa) during the last 30 days of one of the 90 day entries from you visa they will do a home visit during the 30 day under consideration period. The home visit is normally only done for the first application.

You can a apply for the extension at any time you do not have to wait the visa to expire.

Your TM.7 application for one year extension must be done with your wife present and photos provided of you together in and outside home with number showing. Police may check to confirm residence or may just check with neighbors or may not (but expect today a check of some type will be made even here in Bangkok). The requirement for extension is that you live together as husband and wife.

You will get an extension of stay (not a visa) from Chaeng Wattana, the terminology is important.

Anyway back to the question, you may get a visit on your first application (which yours will be).

The terminology is not really all that important Crossy especially as even most Thai front line OR officers don't fully comprehend the difference but yes you're right he already has a Non 'O' immigrant visa, either issued here in Thailand or from outside the country which he can extend to a category allowing him to stay for a longer period.

Not sure how you got a non-o visa at an immigration office. I think you mean an extension of stay based on something. Marriage, retirement and such.

The only visits I know of are for the first extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

They dropped in years ago. We were not at home so they asked a couple of neighbours who of course "knew nothing about the Ferang."

They left a note in the mailbox. Wife phoned and we had to drag in a relative to Immigration, to back-up my claim, despite Marriage Certificate from Australia but no big deal.

Edited by Torrens54

You will get an extension of stay (not a visa) from Chaeng Wattana, the terminology is important.

Anyway back to the question, you may get a visit on your first application (which yours will be).

The terminology is not really all that important Crossy especially as even most Thai front line OR officers don't fully comprehend the difference but yes you're right he already has a Non 'O' immigrant visa, either issued here in Thailand or from outside the country which he can extend to a category allowing him to stay for a longer period.

Actually it makes a lot of difference.

You can buy both apples and oranges in the fruit section of supermarket but if you want an apple we would prefer to send you to the supermarket that has apples in stock. And if it were you asking the question you would not be happy if we answered wrong because we assumed all fruit was the same.