Best Hotel You Stayed In Thailand ?

Scenium11

What is the best hotel you have experienced in Thailand?

I don't mean only expensive ones but great experiences, great surroundings

To give some feedback on my own experience,

Definitely to be tried out

- Sofitel Central Hua Hin

- Dusit Polo Resort Hua Hin

- Novotel Phuket Patong

My bad expriences. Hotels claiming to be great but not worth the price and the notority

- Ao Phrao in Koh Samet

- Boat House in Phuket

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best hotel you have experienced in Thailand?

I don't mean only expensive ones but great experiences, great surroundings

To give some feedback on my own experience,

Definitely to be tried out

- Sofitel Central Hua Hin

- Dusit Polo Resort Hua Hin

- Novotel Phuket Patong

My bad expriences. Hotels claiming to be great but not worth the price and the notority

- Ao Phrao in Koh Samet

- Boat House in Phuket

I normally have a suite at the Evergreen Laurel in BKK. With my Silver card its a snip for $90. And that is luxury.

Outside of BKK.....The Royal Princess in Korat gets my vote for value.

Saying that, most people that come here to Surin reckon that the Surin Majestic at only 800 a night is unbeatable value.

Mirrors everywhere.

Reminds me of my first time in the Evergreen Laurel............................so nice, so luxurious. I took loads of pictures of the suite. Trouble is I did it in the buff. When I viewed the pics, they were great. Except in every pic, was me with my dingle-dongle dangling. :o reflected in the many mirrors.

I'll post them if you like.

Edited by lampard10

Sofitel Raja Orchid in Khon Kaen - definitely unbeatable value - 5 star luxury for less 2000 baht a night! Have stayed there loads and take any visitors I have staying with me there. Everything about that place is great - great decor (very Thai), great food (love the bakery and the buffets!) and great atmosphere. I'm biased as my first and most memorable year was spent in Khon Kaen, but 8 years later I still go to Khon Kaen at least once a year just to stay at the Sofitel!!

Sofitel Raja Orchid in Khon Kaen - definitely unbeatable value - 5 star luxury for less 2000 baht a night! Have stayed there loads and take any visitors I have staying with me there. Everything about that place is great - great decor (very Thai), great food (love the bakery and the buffets!) and great atmosphere. I'm biased as my first and most memorable year was spent in Khon Kaen, but 8 years later I still go to Khon Kaen at least once a year just to stay at the Sofitel!!

I like the Sofitel Khon Kaen also for a city hotel outside Bangkok

Best resort hotel:

Anantara Golden Triangle

Best Bangkok business hotel :

Conrad on Wireles Rd

As far as great experiences and value for money go..

The Penthouse hotel in Pattaya ..

Mirrors everywhere.

I have stayed there, great fun..... not the best hotel I have stayed in, but good for a laugh (and incredibly clean :o )

Sofitel - Hua Hin ..... that is class, real 'Raffles' material.

A few come to mind

Kirimaya Resort in Khao Yai is fantastic. I don't play golf but the spa is nice. But mostly it's the setting. Rooms are very nice - especially the beds out on the balconies. Early in the morning curled up out there and enjoyed dozing in the cool quiet morning. The tented suits are amazing - too rich for my wallet but asked for a "look see". I think they were around 30,000 to 40,000 per night. Maybe that honeymoon someday....

The Rachamankha is one of the most special places I've ever stayed. In the center of Chiang Mai the private courtyard, furnishings, service - all of it is wonderful.

It's not at the level of the above but also really like La Vimaran Cottage on Kho Samet. Great little resort, quiet beach, nice rooms.

The Oriental.

Need you say more....... As long as they have been rating hotels, the Oriental has been Number 1 in the world or darn close regardless of the poll or publication or travel show.

My vote goes to the Oriental as well. There are a large number of fine hotels in Thailand, a remarkably large number, but only one Oriental on the whole planet.

The Oriental.

Need you say more....... As long as they have been rating hotels, the Oriental has been Number 1 in the world or darn close regardless of the poll or publication or travel show.

My vote goes to the Oriental as well. There are a large number of fine hotels in Thailand, a remarkably large number, but only one Oriental on the whole planet.

Agreed...........but I've never stayed there, which was the question.

The Oriental.

Agreed...........but I've never stayed there, which was the question.

When I stayed there around ten years ago, I was amazed at the staff to guest ratio which seems to be around 2:1. I have never had service like the Oriental hotel offers. I mean never.

I couldn't afford to outfit my house the way the rooms at the Oriental are done up....... well maybe, but I would need to budget elsewhere.