French tourist drowns in carp pond in Chiang Mai

webfact

Yoran was my friend. We worked together in Bretagne as walking tour guides and he was a real traveller. He liked nature, philosophy, litterature and, i agree, alcooholic evening,that kind of evening when you talk about arts, politics, music and humans. I imagine him, easily, having spent a pub crawling, meeting people and talking until to be drunk. It was one of his dark sides, maybe to forget te dark sides of humanity. He hates so much racism and intolerance. I can imagine him, rolling a last cigarette on this <deleted> balcony, seating on this <deleted> railing ! He left two young kids behind him. Thank you to these who wrote nice messages. <deleted> off to this two policers with their laughing face. I'm sure than Yoran would have liked the words game about the frog in the pond...that his type of black humor.

RIP Yoran. Born in Africa, Dead in Asia

The two 'gentlemen' carrying the body seem to find something rather amusing about the situation. What is Thai for empathy?

farang ngoo! <just kidding> I think the closest you get is sympathy. Empathy?402.gif Not sure it's in their vocabulary. Out of three dictionaries I have I couldn't find a direct translation. Might have to ask a Thai. If they can't understand the word 'empathy' then you have your answer. ermm.gif

There are many phrases in Thai that communicate empathy.

I have seldomn see a pool directly below a balcony of any commercial residence in real world building plans that needed approval by city, provience, etc inspectors. The deceased might have tried to jump into the pool , might have been drunk as police mention, but to set on balony and fall straight down into a pool may bring a question or two into the real report.

Fish pool-not swimming!!!!!!