Assist Thai Visa Service, here to help.

AssistThaiVisa

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many bitter people in Thailand. A visa agent provides a service. Only you can decide if it's worth the money to you. I'd happily pay 5,500 Baht to recover a day's worth of my time. When I die, it won't be days stood in queues at immigration that I will be thankful for.

Why are you so upset about people asking questions or questioning the use of a service like this?

If any company wants my money to provide a service, I would be stupid not to understand what I'm getting for my money. Actually, my question gives this particular company a chance to promote its service and tell us why giving them 5500 is a good deal.

Fortunately, unlike you, my extensions haven't taken anywhere near a day waiting at immigration, and I've almost always ended up having pleasant and/or interesting conversations with fellow expats while waiting. And shamefully, I have to admit that not all my days are worth 5500 baht in someone else's pocket to avoid a yearly visit to immigration -- tend to be a bit lazy some times.

So many bitter people in Thailand. A visa agent provides a service. Only you can decide if it's worth the money to you. I'd happily pay 5,500 Baht to recover a day's worth of my time. When I die, it won't be days stood in queues at immigration that I will be thankful for.

Why are you so upset about people asking questions or questioning the use of a service like this?

If any company wants my money to provide a service, I would be stupid not to understand what I'm getting for my money. Actually, my question gives this particular company a chance to promote its service and tell us why giving them 5500 is a good deal.

Fortunately, unlike you, my extensions haven't taken anywhere near a day waiting at immigration, and I've almost always ended up having pleasant and/or interesting conversations with fellow expats while waiting. And shamefully, I have to admit that not all my days are worth 5500 baht in someone else's pocket to avoid a yearly visit to immigration -- tend to be a bit lazy some times.

We always do our best to deliver a great service to all of our clients. We take care of all the paperwork, we inform the clients 1 month before there visa expires of all the latest requirements. Where its needed we organise embassy letters, and bank letters etc. You can also call or come to see us any time with any questions, which many clients find useful due to the continuing changes. For many people on Thaivisa we understand they keep up to date on all immigration changes. But a lot of people only deal with immigration once a year, and are happy to use our service. We do not agree with the fact people think they are forced to use an agent. We have been in Chiang Mai for a while now, and support many expat clubs as well as this forum. For anyone who wants to use us we will welcome your business, for anyone who doesnt that is quite ok as well.

The irony of the situation is that you have foreigners coming to Thailand often coming to Thailand and promoting direct marketing and assisting the producers (ie. cutting out the middle men etc). Then you have the same or similar sector of people actually encouraging the creation of a new "middleman organisation" in the form of agencies.

We always do our best to deliver a great service to all of our clients. We take care of all the paperwork, we inform the clients 1 month before there visa expires of all the latest requirements. Where its needed we organise embassy letters, and bank letters etc. You can also call or come to see us any time with any questions, which many clients find useful due to the continuing changes. For many people on Thaivisa we understand they keep up to date on all immigration changes. But a lot of people only deal with immigration once a year, and are happy to use our service. We do not agree with the fact people think they are forced to use an agent. We have been in Chiang Mai for a while now, and support many expat clubs as well as this forum. For anyone who wants to use us we will welcome your business, for anyone who doesnt that is quite ok as well.

Thanks for a further explanation of your services.

Just to be clear, does the 5500 take care of all the necessities -- letters, etc. that you've mentioned? I'm particularly interested in how required letters are "organized" by you. Does that mean the 5500 includes you going to the embassy, bank, etc. to get the letters?

i have needed neither visa run or assistance with renewal for many years..

Must say, losing the appointments is a setback tho.

Enjoy your stand in line at 4am.

+ 1 ..... Have used for years.... I have other things to do in my life...

They take any anxiety, stress and inconvieniences out of the process for less cost than one good meal per month would cost.....

Have referred many friends - and they in turn have referred friends + organizations.....All end up happy customers....

Have not heard any pissing/griping/whining/moaning like posts found on here.....

I returned home an hour ago from my extension submission, used an agent, painless and fast, blue que # 1 .... I agree ,with some posters about all the bitching and winging from the usual sources, sharktooth, siamreaper,postalpat and pgraham... rolleyes.gif

What is Assist Thai Visas opinion of G4 and their lower charges for doing the same job, retirement visas for instance?

Apparently they are not open today.... and we are not offering the same service as them. We are year round and always available. But if people wish to use another agent that is fine. We stand behind our service and think for what we offer it is a reasonable cost.

When I come back I'll be doing multiple entries for a while. However when the time comes to need a visa to stay I'll jump on board with this mob.

I don't have a single pleasant memory from times spent at immigration in the past and no intention of adding more.

Years ago it was inane but all doable, but from what I read here it is now just an insult.

I used ATV to get my retirement extension and am happy with their service.

They also do my 90 day reports and I think it's excellent value, I pay 1000 Baht for 4 reports.

Whenever I call them with questions I get up to date information.

I'm trying to understand what exact service ATV provides here re retirement extensions.

One poster made it sound like he didn't even have to go in person to Immigration. But another posted that all he got was essentially a queue spot/assigned time, and still had to go to Immigration in person for the normal encounter.

So, which is it -- for those willing to pay?

Presumably, ATV isn't able to obtain queue spots from CM Immigration just out of the goodness of Immigration's hearts.

Am I following this right: CM Immigration does away with their own online no-fee appointments system. And now instead, there's a pay your fee to the private sector and get an appointment instead?

The guys on here who are bellyaching about the "high" cost of using an agent are the same ones who p1ss and moan because the price of a large Chang went from 53 to 56 Baht and the cost of using an ATM just went up 20 Baht. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't retire here to wake up at 3 am so that I can drive 30 kilo's to stand in a queue, to get a number that entitles me to come back later to sit around Immigration office for five hours, great big hairy bo llocks to that! Ditto 90 day reporting four times a year, 30 kilo's out, 30 kilo's back again, three hours of my life four times a year all avoided for 1,000 baht per year, how cheap do you want to be to not do it.

90 day reporting is very easy to do by post, EMS both ways works out at just under 100bht per report.

Hmmm.. so the cost difference between post it yourself and having the agent do it is around 150 baht per report .... i would gladly pay 150 to avoid the hassle of copy, print, and going to an often crowded post office, .... sounding better all the time.

What is Assist Thai Visas opinion of G4 and their lower charges for doing the same job, retirement visas for instance?

Apparently they are not open today.... and we are not offering the same service as them. We are year round and always available. But if people wish to use another agent that is fine. We stand behind our service and think for what we offer it is a reasonable cost.

Thanks for an answer this time. smile.png

Possible you could be losing some competition whistling.gif

But for instance if I applied for my retirement visa with you as opposed to G4 (As they stood a couple of days ago) how would your service differ,would I would still end up with a retirement visa but simply pay more?

It's a bit like the guy that decided that the bus fare was too great so he decided to run home behind the bus and save 2 dollars. Imagine if he ran behind a taxi....same distance but he would save about 10 bucks.

And then if he followed a Lamboghini home he'd save thousands!

Getting back to the OP.....If you can't afford to use them then it's simple...don't.

No one is forcing you to.

Thanks for an answer this time. smile.png

Possible you could be losing some competition whistling.gif

But for instance if I applied for my retirement visa with you as opposed to G4 (As they stood a couple of days ago) how would your service differ,would I would still end up with a retirement visa but simply pay more?

I went to the agent next door to immigration today at 9am and door was indeed closed, however a lady sitting at a table next to the office told me that the they were waiting for someone to bring the key and asked me what I wanted. I was there for a retirement extension, so she asked me to sit down, went through my documents in a couple of minutes and told me to come back at 2pm.

On my way back home I realized with slight paranoia that I had just voluntarily given my original passport, bankbook and original signature on blank paper (for photocopies) to a total stranger who did not even legitimize herself.

At 2pm the door was still closed, but (big relief) the lady was still there and led me straight to the officer who stamped my passport and took a picture. Cost retirement extension 4900 (visa 1900 - agent fee 3000).

I did use ATV twice previously and was satisfied with their services. For me, the distance to ATV office is about the same as to Promenada, and the lower cost was worth a try.

Obviously, like most I presume, I would rather do it myself if not needed to queue in the middle of the night and time wasted was acceptable (max 2 hours). The situation being what it is, I prefer to use an agent, and find it good that there is more than one around. Let everyone decide what suits them best.

There's absolutely no need to jump at each other's throat for such small issues.

I have nothing against visa consulting or service providers who advise, assist, accompany, etc.

But it would be interesting, in the case of CM, to ask how exactly they're able to obtain pre-arranged Immigration appointment times for their customers when that facility is not, apparently, offered or available to the general public from that same Immigration office.

I suspect the answer would belong on the outgoing national police chief's report/list of no-no's that Immigration has allegedly been involved in.

I have nothing against visa consulting or service providers who advise, assist, accompany, etc.

But it would be interesting, in the case of CM, to ask how exactly they're able to obtain pre-arranged Immigration appointment times for their customers when that facility is not, apparently, offered or available to the general public from that same Immigration office.

I suspect the answer would belong on the outgoing national police chief's report/list of no-no's that Immigration has allegedly been involved in.

I'm not really interested how they do it, as long as they can do it.

Let your imagination run wild.

The Thai government has entered into contractual agreements with several companies in order to streamline the workload.

I don't know the details of the various contracts, but I do know that many private companies are doing the work of several Thai governmental agencies.

For example... Private carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL handle the Customs and Import duties themselves for the packages they handle. These packages do NOT go through the usual Thai Customs at the Airports. This insures that the goods transported by these carriers get to their customers faster, and take a significant load off of Thai Customs, allowing them time for other work. The downside to this is that EVERY SINGLE PIECE handled by these carriers that is over the figure set by the government gets tagged with import duties. Every one. And why often our packages that come through the post office do not.

Doesn't it make sense that Immigration would be happier to have some of its burden reduced? Visa agents do make the job for Immigration easier.

How would a visa agent make the job easier ? The officials are still doing the same process.

When a person shows up at the official's desk missing documents or having forms incorrectly filled out, the official has to spend time with that person explaining what is missing, sending that person back to get copies of this or that, etc., and often doubling the time the official must spend with one person. That's time he/she could be spending handling the correct paperwork of two people. True, it is their job to help the individuals, but if they can help 10 in the same time span as 5 or 6, their job goes more smoothly, we don't need to wait so long, and everything runs more efficiently. Should we have to pay for this? No... I don't think we should have to pay so everything runs correctly, and in a perfect world we wouldn't have to. But we don't live in a perfect world. We live in the real one.

I think it's pretty unlikely that the Immigration Bureau, as a government entity, has entered into any contract or agreement with any visa service firms in Chiang Mai to assist with or expedite their workload -- to use FolkGuitar's example above.

On the other hand, what kinds of arrangements individual officers or supervisors may have entered into to provide certain kind of specialized services, that would be an entirely different matter. And I hope folks here aren't trying to compare the two, because they're hardly the same kinds of arrangements.

How would a visa agent make the job easier ? The officials are still doing the same process.

Not really! I was sitting in front of the officer for less than 2 minutes, he just put a mark on each document and stamped the passport. The agents make sure all documents are conform to the requirements.

People who go by themselves are being processed much slower, some documents are incomplete, need to be modified, photocopies are missing, etc...

For example, next to me was a person being refused the extension because his bankbook was showing a temporary drop below the required 800k during the previous 3 months. He was sitting in front of an official before I arrived and after I left, would not have happened with an agent.

Archived