Bangkok taxi driver rejects, stabs complaining passenger

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to use cabs everyday at work. We had one driver a wannabe tough guy who was always a problem. One day he was driving for me and i ask him for a pickup time to come and get me. I told him donot be late for I am catching a plane to Mexico and time is precious. Well he stopped the taxi in the middle of no where and told me to get out he wasnot going to do what I ask.This guy was big and looked tough.I argued with him for about 2 minutes then just lost it. I grabbed his throat and pushed him down with his head between the seat and the car door. and choked him,until he said he would do as I ask.

He did as ask. But when I returned from Mexico mister big wannabe tough guy had me arrested and charged,came to court with neckbrace the whole nine yards.The judge looked at me 5ft 6inches 125 pounds and him 6ft 4 inches 280 pounds and dismissed the case.

Bad drivers can happen any where.

Erm.......

All of them carry a weapon and a percentage are on drugs, drunk, stupid, bitter, racist or are criminals posing as taxi drivers.

A tad dramatic? In 8 years Ive never had a loony, a lot try to practice their English, some just want to chat, some don't turn on the meter but they do when I point to it, some just say "how much you pay me up to you" and that annoys the sh#t out of me because I hate being forced into playing games

"how much you pay me up to you", "OK, here's 20 Bt".

Why do taxi drivers act like this? I mean i am sure there are cab drivers like this in other countries who are just weird.

Don't worry about it. It's just Thainess at is finest, don't you know this is how Thai people show us that they like us or anyone come to think of it.

Us Farrang just understand Thai people.

should be the taxi drivers right to refuse a call which goes into areas where the driver is not comfortable, doesnt know well, which are famous for having massive congestion, or if the passenger has an attitude, smells bad, looks weird or misbehaves... just like in any other service industry, where the provider has a right to refuse service based on a judgment call... why should cabs be different ? I dont get it, forcing taxi drivers to provide service smells like fascism ! Taxi drivers might be at the bottom of the foodchain, but they are human beings too, and passengers are LITERALLY getting in the space all day, and passengers do many many things which are extremely annoying as a driver without knowing, I have that from my resident uber drivers with which I nearly always have a conversation about their experiences as an Uber driver... so, this guy might had a bad attitude which we KNOW young Thai men are a lot of times... especially in this situation where they have been partying, its crowded and perhaps (speculating) one friend walked up the road to catch a taxi to bring it down to where the driver didnt want to go because there were too many drunk vomitting thai's on motorcykels which was why he didnt want to go there in the first place... the guy in the picture features the small beird matching my assumption he could be bangkok-born semi-hi-so douchebag who couldnt handle getting rejected by a (in his eyes) low-life taxi driver from eesan !

Yeah Yeah Yeah and dont forget the stabbing.

should be the taxi drivers right to refuse a call which goes into areas where the driver is not comfortable, doesnt know well, which are famous for having massive congestion, or if the passenger has an attitude, smells bad, looks weird or misbehaves... just like in any other service industry, where the provider has a right to refuse service based on a judgment call... why should cabs be different ? I dont get it, forcing taxi drivers to provide service smells like fascism ! Taxi drivers might be at the bottom of the foodchain, but they are human beings too, and passengers are LITERALLY getting in the space all day, and passengers do many many things which are extremely annoying as a driver without knowing, I have that from my resident uber drivers with which I nearly always have a conversation about their experiences as an Uber driver... so, this guy might had a bad attitude which we KNOW young Thai men are a lot of times... especially in this situation where they have been partying, its crowded and perhaps (speculating) one friend walked up the road to catch a taxi to bring it down to where the driver didnt want to go because there were too many drunk vomitting thai's on motorcykels which was why he didnt want to go there in the first place... the guy in the picture features the small beird matching my assumption he could be bangkok-born semi-hi-so douchebag who couldnt handle getting rejected by a (in his eyes) low-life taxi driver from eesan !

If tey have the for hire sign on then they should accept fares. If they dont know an area very well they should be trained like they are in the UK and at the end they know every road, alley you name it

Lots of fine drivers but lots of idiots...............

and some beasts as well.....................

Depends in Bangkok pretty much on WHERE you take a taxi. Sharks have their hunting areas and so have a..holes . whistling.gif

Fact is, there are criminals, professional scammers, posing as taxi drivers that pay the police a monthly rate to own the prime hunting turf in front of every tourist hotel and attraction.

Every taxi driver parked in front of every hotel is a scammer and they are paying off the police.

Honest taxi drivers are faced with intimidation and violence if they attempt to take a passenger in these areas.

They will even stop an honest taxi that picks up a tourists in their turf and force the passenger to taking a scam taxi.

They are out of control and are paying off the police.

Last night a thai acquaintances took a taxi from Soi 11th.

The Driver has robbed her and beaten her face to bulb.

I try to persuade her to go still to the police and make a report.

But she does not want to go out.

She says that has no sense anyway.

She can not remember the taxi number.

The number of unreported cases of predatory taxi drivers is very high in Bangkok.

For a woman traveling alone, the taxi driving is extremely dangerous at night in Bangkok.

This seems to be a common problem.
Once you get in the driver likes to take control of the situation and act like they are in charge, rather then the other way around.

I had one insist on taking me to a certain location rather then down another street I wanted to go. Then he would not stop where I ordered him to.
These ball suckers really take a huge risk with the back of their heads exposed.

Yes, and all that is an excuse for stabbing a man and severely wounding him according to your logic and reason? Is your name Genghis Khan? Are you a Castro? Mugabe? Ida Amin?

Why do taxi drivers act like this? I mean i am sure there are cab drivers like this in other countries who are just weird.

In one of my "past lives" I was a Taxi driver. I too would have had concerns if a man jumped into my Taxi and said he wanted to pick up friends a few Mtrs. up the road. It would cross my mind that I was "being set" up to be robbed, why were they not together where I could see who was about to get into my car. A lot depends on how the customer in the car is behaving, if he starts to get a bit astropulus my suspicions would be on the increase.

If it's happened once before, you may be sure your antenna is all revved up. Only a fool ignores past experiences. Then again, if it's never happened to you how would you know about these things.

Astropulus?? Do you mean 'obstreperous' dotpoom?

Thailand has the worst taxi drivers in the world. I'm sure there are a few honest ones mixed in there, but yeah the vast majority are crooks at best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really. Have you ever been to Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta or Manila? I've found those places make Bangkok look pretty good by comparison. Apart from a few tourist areas, Bangkok drivers will generally take you where you want to go without any drama.

Edited by kkerry

So he needed to be stabbed to be taught a lesson ???

You have a serious problem!

In one of my "past lives" I was a Taxi driver. I too would have had concerns if a man jumped into my Taxi and said he wanted to pick up friends a few Mtrs. up the road. It would cross my mind that I was "being set" up to be robbed, why were they not together where I could see who was about to get into my car. A lot depends on how the customer in the car is behaving, if he starts to get a bit astropulus my suspicions would be on the increase.

So would you stab or shoot him?

If he refused to leave my car I would call the police.....sorry, I though you might have taken it for granted that I would not shoot or stab him.

It is wise to learn from past experiences, if it has happened once then one's antenna is always set up for it happening again. On the other hand, if it never happened to a person, how are they to know?

Garotte? sheeeeeeeesh I guess it wasnt so obvious in my post its "not normal" to stab and unhappy customer

I have had my own problems with taxi's over the years. Most when I was younger. What I learned early on is that most every driver carries a weapon. A knife or club even met a few with guns......There is more to this story I would bet. But nobody deserves to get stabbed over this.

So would you stab or shoot him?

both.....do the job properly !

No one country, large or small monopolies weirdness. You don't get the proper amount of rest, God only knows what might happen. Check out the TV posters. It is a collection of many who just use their lives to pass judgment.