Thai and British Passports

My wife, our son and I are in the UK.

We are planning to go back to Thailand for six weeks in January.

I have a British passport

My wife has Thai Passport with valid UK Settlement Visa

Our son has both Thai and British passports.

I will be getting a 60-day Visa for myself. My question is...does my son need one or can he:

do the following:

UK to Thailand:
Show British passport to airline at check in.
Show British passport, if required, to UK border control.
Show Thai passport to Thai immigration on arrival in Thailand.

Thailand to UK
Show Thai passport to airline at check in..
Show Thai passport to Thai immigration so they know he hasn't overstayed.
Show British passport to UK immigration.

If yes, what passport number does he put on the arrival card? Does he need to complete one anyway?

You can do it as you wrote.

The airline may ask to see the Thai passport to prove he dose not need a visa for entry here and showing the UK passport for the same reason when leaving here.

Just be Thai immigration does not learn he also has a UK passport when entering the country. Keep it hidden.

The airline may ask to see the Thai passport to prove he dose not need a visa for entry here and showing the UK passport for the same reason when leaving here.

Just be Thai immigration does not learn he also has a UK passport when entering the country. Keep it hidden.

Why keep it hidden.

The reason I ask is:

My daughter entered on a British passport about 8 years ago ( the last time) after which she secured a Thai id and passport immigration told us that there was no need to do a yearly extension as she was only 13 at the time.She has not left the country since.

I now realise this was wrong. She is going overseas to study, so they will know she has a British passport ( so can't hide it) as well as a Thai one.

Should I go to immigration and pay the overstay prior to her leaving or pay at the airport. Should I show both ? As they will ask why I didn't continue to extend.

Thanks.

Shouldn't it be:

UK to Thailand:

Show THAI passport to airline staff at check in (airline want to know person has necessary passport or visa to enter destination thailand)/shouldn't be a problem to show British passport if any complications with checkin staff).

Show British passport, if required, to UK border control.

Show Thai passport to Thai immigration on arrival in Thailand.

Thailand to UK

Show British passport to airline at check in (so they know person has necessary passport or visa to enter destination UK)

Show Thai passport to Thai immigration [there is no overstay for a thai national] Show British passport to UK immigration.

If transiting through say Dubai, we found when getting the departure flight to the UK from Dubai that they wanted to see British passport for right of entry in to UK.

If a Thai national enters Thailand on a passport from another country they are (for immigration purposes) treated as a foreign national.

This means they need permission to stay (normally a visa or an extension). They can also overstay.

Why go through all of that when they can just use their Thai passport, enter and be obliged to do or pay nothing?

Why keep it hidden.

The reason I ask is:

My daughter entered on a British passport about 8 years ago ( the last time) after which she secured a Thai id and passport immigration told us that there was no need to do a yearly extension as she was only 13 at the time.She has not left the country since.

I now realise this was wrong. She is going overseas to study, so they will know she has a British passport ( so can't hide it) as well as a Thai one.

Should I go to immigration and pay the overstay prior to her leaving or pay at the airport. Should I show both ? As they will ask why I didn't continue to extend.

Thanks.

If they see the UK passport they may try to force a person to use it instead of the Thai passport for entry.

I think she may able to just leave on her Thai passport without paying any fine. That based upon the number of years since she entered the country and her age at that time.

Thai immigration will not know she has a UK passport when leaving the country unless she shows it to them. Thai immigration is not concerned with a person having the ability to enter another country. Only the airline will want to see her UK passport which I am certain is not the same one she entered on 8 years ago.

Why keep it hidden.

The reason I ask is:

Thanks.

If they see the UK passport they may try to force a person to use it instead of the Thai passport for entry.

I think she may able to just leave on her Thai passport without paying any fine. That based upon the number of years since she entered the country and her age at that time.

Thai immigration will not know she has a UK passport when leaving the country unless she shows it to them. Thai immigration is not concerned with a person having the ability to enter another country. Only the airline will want to see her UK passport which I am certain is not the same one she entered on 8 years ago.

Thank you.