Will there be a Thaivisa Poster of the Year 2015 vote?

BookMan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants another rigged poster of the year election.

What I propose is not rigged at all.

From the list of 20 which are all nominated by the members, it's ALL about the voting.

No rigging.

That way, if you see your first choice isn't going to be in the top 5 or in the running to win, you can change your vote up until the LAST MINUTE.

This rule alone will open the door for a rigged election.

Have you ever heard about an election where you can change your vote at the end of the election day?

That's the way the polling software works on the forum.

For ANY poll, for ALL polls, all you have to do to change your choice is two steps. First remove your old choice. Then make a new one.

That's just the TECHNICAL reality.

May as well make that part of the fun. Not a bug. A feature.

If people don't want any contest this year, that's fine.

But a perfect contest is not going to happen. EVER.

Edited by Jingthing

From the list of 20 which are all nominated by the members, it's ALL about the voting.

No rigging.

Apart from those who are nominated but don't get a chance to be part of the vote, for no good reason whatsoever.

No rigging.

Apart from those who are nominated but don't get a chance to be part of the vote, for no good reason whatsoever.

There is no clean solution for that.

In previous years, the dirty business behind editing the beginning choices was obscured and most people didn't think about it or ask.

But I'm suggesting, be open about it, and just accept that part isn't perfect.

You got a better idea ... volunteer and do the task yourself, and I assure you whatever you come up with will have flaws as well.

More than likely, WORSE flaws. Go ahead though!

Time is running out to get this started so if you're volunteering, instead of being a WHINER, speak up NOW.

Edited by Jingthing

You know this is meant to be a bit of fun, right?

So you're volunteering then?

What are your rules.

List them and volunteer.

No problem.

I am only volunteering to be DRAFTED if the mods want me to, and they must agree to winnow down the first list to 20, in that case.

Otherwise, I am more than happy to walk away.

As far as fun, that's what people make of it. There is plenty of room for fun in the transparent structure I've proposed.

Edited by Jingthing

Rules and structure. The heart of fun.

You're annoying me now.

If you read my list, you will see the rules are very basic and they're very open to all kinds of fun and games, once the VOTING starts.

You've got to have SOME structure to start a contest, or there will be no contest.

Is that what you want?

Fine.

Otherwise, are you volunteering? I reckon you're not.

You know I've found that some people are constructive and some people just want to stand on the sidelines and pick the efforts of others apart.

So ... are you volunteering?

Edited by Jingthing

Obviously I'm not volunteering. If I was, I'd have said 'I'm volunteering'.

I'm merely voicing my opinion that somebody other than you should do the honours. After all, the poll hasn't even started yet and you seem close to spontaneous combustion.

I'm merely voicing my opinion that somebody other than you should do the honours. After all, the poll hasn't even started yet and you seem close to spontaneous combustion.

You've communicated your bile so I think we're done here.

The decisions about the contest this year, whether it happens at all, is up to the management.

I am only volunteering to be drafted if it's that rather than no contest.

If drafted, I will only agree using the SIMPLE structure I've detailed.

And that structure means the mods need to do the part of winnowing down the opening list to 20 maximum. No regular member should do that (as has happened in the past, but few people noticed).

To really do this, the official NOMINATIONS need to start rather soon because the mods will need some days to discuss the winnowing of the list to 20.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

I think we need a vote on who runs the vote.

Organize it.

Who's stopping you?

Don't put me on the list.

I'm only volunteering to be drafted by the mods if it's that or no contest.

I will take a break from this thread now.

If the management wants to draft me, please contact me by PM.

Otherwise, y'all do whatever you like. Or nothing.

Cheerio.

Edited by Jingthing

Just do it JT, no-one else will, make it easy on yourself.

Pick any 20 you think deserving, don't give or justify your reasons, you know most posters.

Have a poll (one week max) and let members vote to whittle it down to the top 10

Then have a vote on the top ten, maybe 2 weeks max. The number one at close of play is POTY.

End

You've communicated your bile so I think we're done here.

You should sign up with the current leaders of this country, they have the exact same attitude.

The poll is closed for renovation.

No rigging.

Why not take the first 20 nominations?

In alphabetical order...

It's time we gave credit to some of our newer members, so you could sort them by reverse order of number of posts.

Or we could select based on whether they lived in the Real Thailand, or not, and choose the nominees that lived furthest from a sit-down throne in the Central Plains.

To be honest, the best part of any poll is the jerrymandering

SC

I volunteer to run the poll, under the condition that my rules are accepted.

Nominations will be limited to the 20 members who send me the most baht in a plain brown envelope.

I couldn't find an envelope small enough for my bid

I volunteer to run the poll, under the condition that my rules are accepted.

Nominations will be limited to the 20 members who send me the most baht in a plain brown envelope.

Hey SB.

Start the bleedin' thread. Just get it rolling and take it from there.

Ask for nominations first?

Otherwise we will be running a "Poster of the Decade" thread.

Geez Mate. I don't have a chance in Isaan of being nominated, and don't want to be.

PM me with instructions on what to do and I will kick it off.

Problem is I don't have time to watch it, so I will have to give some trusting sod my password to sort the nominations out (which frankly I don't mind).

I can't even name 20 members so it will have to be by nomination.

I reckon we should vote on who runs the poll.

And also appoint an independent commission to investigate any allegations of impropriety.

I reckon it should be proportional representation, as well.

SC

proportional representation? do you mean for the voters or candidates? The fatter the voter/ candidate the more votes he can use or receive?

Geez Mate. I don't have a chance in Isaan of being nominated, and don't want to be.

PM me with instructions on what to do and I will kick it off.

Problem is I don't have time to watch it, so I will have to give some trusting sod my password to sort the nominations out (which frankly I don't mind).

I can't even name 20 members so it will have to be by nomination.

Well, let's make it easy by collating the names of people who've been nominated so far:

I think Ubonjoe and Sheryl are disqualified due to being Moderators

I think Soibiker nominated himself when he said he will win it.

Fang37 nominated Ron19

Copy and paste the list to add to it:

Soibiker

Ron19

I suggest candidates also inform us as to which party they are members of, Fang 37 for example,used to be a member of the Monster Raving Loony Party but after Lord Sutch's death he switched to the GOP ( Guild of Obsessive Posters)

Soibiker

Ron19

Fang37