Broke willing to marry

mpa

• 2 weeks later...

blink.png

only a bargirl would be interested in this fellow.........hahahaha.

hahaha rolleyes.gif

You are absolutely wrong. I have already mentioned on a few threads (which received some bitter replies) that I live in my gf's house, never paid a baht and am getting married while her parents are footing the bill for a 1000 people wedding and sinsod. Highly doubt a bargirl would be interested in this arrangement or the OP.

In my opinion OP is already on the right track by being with someone who is obviously not a gold digger.

Absolutely disagree that 40k is too little to start a business. My girlfriend knows so many single mothers who after their loser Thai husband left them with a kid they started a small business on Facebook and are now buying houses worth in tens of millions loan free. They don't need a boyfriend or some foreigner to take care of them. If they do get involved it will be because they are tired of living alone.

I would strongly advise the OP not to listen to some of the less than stellar advice here.

There are a few things you can try.

Start a small business with your wife. Advertise on Facebook. It is a powerful tool.

One of those franchise sugary drink carts are about 30k to start. You could try that.

Look into e-commerce.

For all of the above the capital required to start something is next to nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

So if you are not working where do you get your income from?

Have you talked to your GFs family about Sinsod?

Visas will be easier if you do get married, but an extension is gonna be not obtainable for you without

the correct amount of money...

1) Part time private tutoring twice a week mostly. I never claimed the opposite.

Actually I had an offer -non teaching job- several months ago but I didnt accept it, better discuss it in a more related topic.

2) It wasnt my idea to get married. Her mother advised her to do so in order to help me. She still insists.

3) No entensions. As MJCM wrote, getting a ME Non O Visa based on marriage requires having a border run every 90 days. If I had 400k then I would consider the latter.

Private tutoring a possible 500 to 750 baht per hour, sorry but that is nothing. like another poster said one hospital visit and most of your

savings has gone. Tutoring is also working, be very careful, one visit from the local Policeman could also kill off your savings and also

stop your weekly income. Sorry but Thai women also want some kind of luxury in their lives, and also her family will also want to prove to

others in the town or village that their daughter has a farang who can look after her.

I hope you find something to do for work, I know how hard it is in Thailand. Just out of interest where in Thailand are you?

How and why would a policeman know to visit his home to stop his tutoring? Unless the wife doesn't want him working (which is highly unlikely given she wants money, stability and perhaps a bit of "luxury" every now and then as you say) and tells the policeman to come (although I think you actually mean immigration or officials from the labour office as an ordinary policeman has no jurisdiction over such matters) then no need to give him any more reason to worry. He is barely making any money to begin with, and yes, finding a legit place to work or starting a business would be more ideal. Certainly even if the "policeman" visited, though I doubt he would give a crap (and you could always give him a bottle of whiskey to make him happy; yes even if you only make 5000-10000 a month Thai whiskey is very affordable) then the wife would be even less likely to experience any luxury.

Just to reinforce what Lopburi posted above, in order to obtain the marriage-based visa outside of Thailand (such as in Laos), you need to have a legally valid marriage, which inside Thailand means one done at a local amphur or khet district office.

To prepare for that, you need to first obtain a marriage affidavit or two (one if never married before, two if previously married) from your country's consulate in BKK and then have that/those translated into Thai and then the translation certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs -- each of those steps involving some payment. The affidavit(s), translation and MFA certification might cost in total about $100, depending on whether you need one or two affidavits and the pricing at your country's consulate.

However, your potential wife's family's idea of a village wedding ceremony will do NOTHING for you in terms of making you eligible to obtain a marriage-based visa. Those are purely ceremonial ceremonies, and have no validity for anything related to visas or Immigration stuff.

Also, just to be clear, if you go the Non-O visa route, and then have to leave the country on border runs every 90 days, you don't have to show any money or proof of income on those border runs or when you come back into Thailand. The potential for being required to show income or bank deposits (were the Laos Consulate to change their current rule) only would come into play during your annual renewal of the visa, if that's the route you were taking.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

• 2 weeks later...

Some nasty pathetic responses on this thread.

He has failed at life because he is poor at 49? What a load of <deleted> failed at what, not being sucked into the materialistic bubble.

This fella sounds happier than any of you guys with money. You need to seriously have a life check re adjustment.

Marry her and get more private tutoring jobs, don't look back and I wish the op all the best. Life is what you make it, the wealthiest men in the graveyard don't

look any happier than the poorest.