Broke willing to marry

mpa

I could get married but I merely have 40k plus we don't live together, so I am still considering it.

Also I have a month in my disposal since I just got my last double entry extension.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Are you trying to ask how you can prolong your stay in Thailand?

And offer up marriage as one possible option?

Well marriage certainly is one option but I would add that if you are that broke then you probably shouldn't be staying in Thailand at all.

You need to go somewhere where you can work and more easily find a job, save some money, get back in the real world and then, and only then, think about coming back to Thailand.

I can't imagine that being broke in a third world country is much fun.

From his posting history age is below 50 and does not appear to work or be seeking it as it does not seem to come up - only that he has about 150 dollars or euros or 100 uk pounds per month available from something. Indeed he should have outlined a bit more bio data in this thread.

Thanks for doing it for me lopbury3. I am 49 btw. smile.png

Are you getting married because of the Visa ??

If you got married you can go to Laos to get a ME Non O Visa, but that costs money, 5000+ ThB for the Visa, travel costs to Lao, Lao Visa, Lao Hotel for 1 night etc.

And every 90 days you have to leave Thailand, can you afford to do that ?

1) Correct, however we are in love but we wouldnt get married otherwise.

2) I can get elsewhere where I have free accommodation. How much (only) the visa expenses are in total?

3) Yes I can afford that.

Edited by mpa

So it is not sure that I will be granted this sort of visa even if I go to the specific consulate.

Gotta reconsider then.

Also no possible visits? We don't live together as I mention.

Edited by mpa

Consulate don't care if you are not living together, but they want to see the Original Marriage Certificate that you guys really got married.

I mean how about here in Bangkok; They dont check if you stay together?

And every 3 months I need to reapply likewise from the same spot with the same expenses?

A visa only allows a 90 day stay you must leave Thailand every 90 days and return for a new 90 day period even when you have a multi entry visa valid for one year. Multi entry visa from Savannakhet would be good for up to 15 months stay before new application required - but you would still have to leave Thailand every 90 days or less.

Extensions of stay from immigration are not available with your limited financials; but yes they would require you live together as husband and wife.

WHAT IF the requirements change and you need to show money in the account

This is what bothers me. Can I risk it?

Thanks for the suggestions, I guess I will not go for it as it seems.

You need to go somewhere where you can work and more easily find a job, save some money, get back in the real world and then, and only then, think about coming back to Thailand.

I can't imagine that being broke in a third world country is much fun.

It's ok for my living standards.

As for the 1st, Im not going back to Europe. Very hard to find a job, even in London I could barely live on minimum expenses plus the weather sucks.

Far more opportunities here but we will have the chance to discuss it further in some other, more relevant thread.

The OP is in a 100% no win situation. Instead of making that clear to him, he get's words of "encouragement". = Completely irresponsible behavior.

Not knowing much about the Visa-stuff, has OP ever heard of something like a "Work-Permit" in Thailand? (This in connection with having "more opportunities" in Thailand than in London.)

Starting a business with 40'000 Bht ????

The only advice to the OP must be: With part of the remaining funds, buy a one way ticket back home. Easier to get a job for a Farang in his home country than in Thailand (=see "Work-Permit").

Any other advise will lead the OP into financial and emotional disaster. Just a matter of time.

Cheers.

The only advice to the OP must be: With part of the remaining funds, buy a one way ticket back home. Easier to get a job for a Farang in his home country than in Thailand.

It worked the other way round for me. And there is absolutely no way to fnd a job back home where I am also homeless.

Better discuss this in some other topic. Thanks for your contribution btw!

So if you are not working where do you get your income from?

Just to get married it is gonna cost you money, have you talked to your GFs family about Sinsod?

Visas will be easier if you do get married, but an extension is gonna be not obtainable for you without

the correct amount of money in the bank, and it has to be your bank account and not one with your wife.

Have you talked to your GFs family about Sinsod?

Visas will be easier if you do get married, but an extension is gonna be not obtainable for you without

the correct amount of money...

1) Part time private tutoring twice a week mostly. I never claimed the opposite.

Actually I had an offer -non teaching job- several months ago but I didnt accept it, better discuss it in a more related topic.

2) It wasnt my idea to get married. Her mother advised her to do so in order to help me. She still insists.

3) No entensions. As MJCM wrote, getting a ME Non O Visa based on marriage requires having a border run every 90 days. If I had 400k then I would consider the latter.

A 49 year old man with 40,000 baht to his name?

Sorry to say but you missed the boat a long time ago.

There is no way you can qualify for a marriage visa so that is out of the question financially.

At your age, you have seriously failed YOURSELF and you want to drag someone else into your failed life?

One visit to the hospital, which will happen sooner or later at your age, and you will completely be ruined

You have about zero options.

The grasshopper screws off all summer while the ant is busy collecting food for the winter

The grasshopper freezes to death.

You are the grasshopper.

Have you talked to your GFs family about Sinsod?

the correct amount of money...

1) Part time private tutoring twice a week mostly. I never claimed the opposite.

Actually I had an offer -non teaching job- several months ago but I didnt accept it, better discuss it in a more related topic.

2) It wasnt my idea to get married. Her mother advised her to do so in order to help me. She still insists.

3) No entensions. As MJCM wrote, getting a ME Non O Visa based on marriage requires having a border run every 90 days. If I had 400k then I would consider the latter.

Private tutoring a possible 500 to 750 baht per hour, sorry but that is nothing. like another poster said one hospital visit and most of your

savings has gone. Tutoring is also working, be very careful, one visit from the local Policeman could also kill off your savings and also

stop your weekly income. Sorry but Thai women also want some kind of luxury in their lives, and also her family will also want to prove to

others in the town or village that their daughter has a farang who can look after her.

I hope you find something to do for work, I know how hard it is in Thailand. Just out of interest where in Thailand are you?

There is no way you can qualify for a marriage visa so that is out of the question financially.

At your age, you have seriously failed YOURSELF and you want to drag someone else into your failed life?

One visit to the hospital, which will happen sooner or later at your age, and you will completely be ruined

1) I know at least one person with less money and guess what, he got married.

2) You judge people based on their money? We can discuss this in other threads if you dont mind.

3) So far twice in Siriraj and Srinakarin. Exceptional services and I didnt have to pay a lot.

Just out of interest where in Thailand are you?

Bangkok.

I mentioned that initially it didnt cross my mind to get married. My gf's mother insists on that because she likes me and wants to help. It will be informal in case it takes place.

Believe by informal you mean not a party type affair - it must be formal registration at a District Office to be useful for visas. That would require letter from your Embassy of your bio data/income/family/home country reference and such and having that translated and then registered at the MFA and then presenting to the District Office for registration of marriage - so a little cost but nothing serious.

Sorry to enlighten you this is a very dangerous country to be in if you run out of money. Love has nothing to do with it. Ha but good luck.

I arrived in BKK with a grant in my pocket. I am here for almost a year excluding two months I spent down under. Now I have more than a grant.

No way Im going back. I appreciate the advice and I am keen to discuss this further but not here as the thread is about marriage.

Good luck to the OP but the odds are against him and he will be working illegally in Thailand and possible court one day and as well being fined and deported.

How about if he managed to find a legal job with his ME non O in case he gets this visa? Or is it out of the question?

But if you can obtain a work permit (legal job) the non immigrant B visa would allow your stay without marriage. But if you are asking can you work on a non immigrant O visa the answer is normally yes (but always dependent on Labor Department issue of a work permit on such a visa entry).