Bribery hotline for foreign investors

rooster59

The BOI are one of the better of the Government agencies. They are relatively farang friendly and efficient in what they do.

I would aim this at Govt agencies like the tax department who are completely impossible to deal with. The problem with concentrating it on a tax office is that will inevitably be big blow back for your company if you did report something. Even accountants tell you not to bother even applying for rebate even if its owed to you, as it will just result in the following year having a full investigation into your company, and they won't stop until they can nail you for something.

They are out of control and worse of all they seemingly do not even understand tax all that much, especially when its put into the global context.

They were wise to avoid taxing a number of very rich gardeners and housemaids...

What?

"Thank you for calling the bribery hotline, after the beep please state your full name, passport number, full address and contact number and we will transfer you to an operator."

Don't you mean: Tank you for call bibery hotline, afta da bee plea tate your <deleted> name, passaport number, <deleted> adre, and contac number an we will trader you to a ōperate. Tank you fo wait

"Prayong said the accused officials' agencies would also be punished if they ignore disciplinary probe requests.

Article 44 of the interim charter might be used to order the transfer of supervisors, he said."

If I was any type of company not just BOI approved foreign investor I would not waste my time due to the fact

that it is a viscious circle where the worst that could happen is that(as usual) the accused will be banished to the

infamoous "INACTIVE POST". only to be returned to active duty once the dust settles.

"Bhumivisan said in the past only a few foreign investors filed complaints

- partly because the criminal process could drag on for up to a decade".

In addition refer to my above comment as the real reason.

Another Thai joke which should be saved for April Fools Day.

Corruption is a generational trait and until it is taught in the "school system" it will always be ingrained in Thai DNA.

Why is it restricted to BOI companies? Why not for anyone who is a victim of bribe demands by government officials?

BOI companies have to bring in a minimum of 40 million baht, so they matter...maybe, sometimes....just maybe.

The average tourist or expat? Pfff! They could care less.

"Prayong said the accused officials' agencies would also be punished if they ignore disciplinary probe requests.

Article 44 of the interim charter might be used to order the transfer of supervisors, he said."

If I was any type of company not just BOI approved foreign investor I would not waste my time due to the fact

that it is a viscious circle where the worst that could happen is that(as usual) the accused will be banished to the

infamoous "INACTIVE POST". only to be returned to active duty once the dust settles.

"Bhumivisan said in the past only a few foreign investors filed complaints

- partly because the criminal process could drag on for up to a decade".

In addition refer to my above comment as the real reason.

Another Thai joke which should be saved for April Fools Day.

Corruption is a generational trait and until it is taught in the "school system" it will always be ingrained in Thai DNA.

The entire economy of Thailand would grind to a halt if corruption were eliminated.

I shiver to think how (much more) slowly the cogs of bureaucracy would turn if it weren't for corruption.

Not saying it's a good thing. It just is what it is.

What they need are fewer STUPID laws, which would reduce the tendency of officialdom to be able to find any one of a myriad of rules, that are only selectively enforced, usually to milk some civilian for a bribe.

That'll never happen though.

Instead of doing the right thing, governments usually do the exact opposite.

Sadly enough, most sheeple will eat this up as good news.

Edited by jaywalker

The BOI are one of the better of the Government agencies. They are relatively farang friendly and efficient in what they do.

I would aim this at Govt agencies like the tax department who are completely impossible to deal with. The problem with concentrating it on a tax office is that will inevitably be big blow back for your company if you did report something. Even accountants tell you not to bother even applying for rebate even if its owed to you, as it will just result in the following year having a full investigation into your company, and they won't stop until they can nail you for something.

They are out of control and worse of all they seemingly do not even understand tax all that much, especially when its put into the global context.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Sadly enough, too true. It's the STUPID myriad of STUPID and confusing laws that allows corruption to flourish.

The government thuggery you outline above is no different than an affluent tourist walking around in Pattaya with a gold necklace (bad idea to stand out for any reason).

Edited by jaywalker

The entire economy of Thailand would grind to a halt if corruption were eliminated.

I shiver to think how (much more) slowly the cogs of bureaucracy would turn if it weren't for corruption.

Not saying it's a good thing. It just is what it is.

What they need are fewer STUPID laws, which would reduce the tendency of officialdom to be able to find any one of a myriad of rules, that are only selectively enforced, usually to milk some civilian for a bribe.

That'll never happen though.

Instead of doing the right thing, governments usually do the exact opposite.

Sadly enough, most sheeple will eat this up as good news.

Wrong. It was because of corruption my case dragged on for five years instead of the maximum two it would have taken to complete had it NOT been for various police officers/prosecutors/immigration officials taking bribes from the criminals having to be fought back against, which takes up a lot of time.

" Thank You for calling the bribery hotline. Due to the volume of calls we're putting you on hold and have to advise it could be a long wait. "

My friend called, said they told him to come in and pay a 'processing fee' of 1,000 baht to file the complaint.

post-247044-0-66589400-1448178779_thumb.

Observations from past experience::

1. The phone rings and rings with no answer, particularly late at night (Which here, means after the sun goes down).

2. On the odd occasion that a person answers, they have little or no understanding of English, the business language in this tourist "destination" (Pattaya).

3. Calls are not recorded for quality assurance, review or call-backs to check on the issue at hand

4. No timely response or no response at all

5. No accountability or public disclosure of contacts versus results

Press releases and superficial gestures are good eye-candy.