How much $ am I looking at?

P4K

500 baht a day is comfortable. 150 for the loom, 150 for street food, and enough money left over for a couple bottles of beer. i'll just assume you get your chicks for free.

Maybe it's comfortable for you but I think most farang would be aiming higher than that lol

A decent meal and a beer would be 500 unless you enjoy salty bowls of Greece, otherwise known as "noodle soup"

i tried that, but the pad thai and beer tasted exactly the same at the 50 baht and 500 baht place ;)

Guess your not a fan of quality imported steaks, real beers from Belgium or Germany etc .... Obviously we have different ideas of what represents quality food so I'll let you get back to your preferences ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess your not a fan of quality imported steaks, real beers from Belgium or Germany etc .... Obviously we have different ideas of what represents quality food so I'll let you get back to your preferences wink.png

Next time you drink a Leo, look at the label. If you have a Leo, you don't need a German beer. ;)

Here's ours, from another thread:

Fixed non-discretionary spending per month (average over one year), two adults, own home.

Moobahn Annual Maintenance 100

Car repair/service 0

P/T housekeeper, P/T Gardener 12,000

Staff Social Security 500

Clothes 0

Dental 0

Drinking Water 100

Electric 1,200

Entertainment 0

Furniture 0

Furnishings 0

Garbage Collection 200

Garden Projects 0

Gas 50

Groceries 8,100

Home Repair 0

Hotels 0

HouseProjects 0

Internet (TOT) 790

Home Insurance 500

Loans 0

Medical 0

Misc. 0

Mobile Phone 200

Pharmacy 65

Petrol/Deisel 3,000

Restaurants 8,000

Telephone (TOT) 109

Tools 0

Travel 0

UBC 1,725

Visa/Immigration 0

Water (government) 115

Wine/Beer 3,160

Thai Government requires 65k a month for some visas, so thats a reasonable guide. (depending on lifestyle obviously)

I agree think this is something the Government has got right !

65k is IMM assuming the average dumb farang retiree fresh off the boat, will need a bit extra to compensate for getting ripped off until they learn the ropes.

But only 40k/mo for a guy who's married to a Thai, maybe even a couple ankle biters and Mother-in-Law around, because wife gets things for Thai Price and keeps husband on a short leash. biggrin.png

to chiang mai-

12000 for a gardener, 3000 for beer-wine, travel 0, medical 0, clothes 0.

omg, what priorities do you have?

What I posted are fixed recurring and known costs, travel medical and clothing are variable, discretionary and unknown costs, idiot!