She's the sole breadwinner, what am I?

keith7

Three cries of troll by idiots.*

Keith is my friend and the story is totally true.See you in PI soon buddy.

I don't doubt it's true.

My Thai girlfriend is from a wealthy family, they just bought her a 6 million baht condo and although she doesn't need to work she has a job and makes more than I do.

The bit I don't get is why he would go away on holiday without her.

I wouldn't even consider going out socially without my girl and neither would she think of going out without me, we are in a relationship and we do everything together.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure cries of troll for such an OP are idiotic, but writing "I don't work/earn anything to support the family, and don't seriously plan to do anything about it." certainly is coffee1.gif

What are you? Lucky is what you are, on two counts.

Firstly, because you've fallen on your feet, and secondly, even luckier if it continues. The cracks are appearing when she's objecting to something she's previously been happy with, so I think you need to be making some changes, or she will, and that change will involve you.

My partner was in a very similar position. She earns/ed a lot more than her ex, so he became the 'primary carer'. After the kids went to school he continued playing video games as his main activity, in spite of having IT skills and the abulity work from home. She prompted him to work, not even paying work, but something for his own self esteem and discipline.

He stalled, then refused, for a couple of years, so she unloaded him. He's now changing diapers as a disability nurse, earning almost nothing, looking for ways to get $$ out of her, but she's a lawyer, so it's like pushing $ hit uphill with a three pronged rake.

Be warned.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Part of a marriage is sharing everything including looking after children.

You say that she is working and you are not, so she is the breadwinner.

Who will look after the child if your wife is working and you want to have another holiday with your mates?

Quote "

By the way, I had done the same in the past; left them home and joined my buddies for trip outside Bangkok and outside Thailand for few days.

What am I? Is it too much to do that?

You need to choose between your "buddies" and your family. Where does the money come from to support you and your holidays?

You want everything your way without any responsibility. It is time to grow up and accept that you are a father, a husband and accept that your days with your buddies are coming to an end. Will they support you if you have no job, no money and no interest in getting either?

Gee, you haven't figured out how it works if one of a couple work and the other doesn't?

Actually yes I have. Both my first and second wives worked and then didn't on and off but I still supported both of them without bitching too much. I figured that looking after them was part of the marriage specs.

I don't doubt it's true.

My Thai girlfriend is from a wealthy family, they just bought her a 6 million baht condo and although she doesn't need to work she has a job and makes more than I do.

I wouldn't even consider going out socially without my girl and neither would she think of going out without me, we are in a relationship and we do everything together.

Never had a night out with your mates ? (If you have any).

I bet your 'wealthy' bird would like nothing better than a night out with the girls, without you tagging along.

Not sure cries of troll for such an OP are idiotic, but writing "I don't work/earn anything to support the family, and don't seriously plan to do anything about it." certainly is coffee1.gif

I read your post after I posted Tchooptip, and as you can see, we agree. If he doesn't pull his finger out, he'll be on his bike.

I should have added that my gf would arrive home from work, exhausted, to an unclean house, beds not made up, laundry not done, and they'd have to eat out 4-5 times a week, because he'd been 'too busy'. Now the dead $ hit can't afford to eat out.

No. She is just jealous you can do that and are enjoying your life. And will do alot to restrain you. But i do wish she will tell you tomorrow shes going on holiday with only her friends...

Edited by sead

In a nut shell you are a looser You should be helping the family for their future

There may be circumstances not documented why he is not working?

However I would agree (call me old fashioned) that as the male in the relationship should be the main bread winner of the family.

Things are changing women are earning the money and the man is taking care of the house and family. However as pointed out by a few I don't expect my wife to suddenly take off for a few days break without me and the children (unless I want a break from her wink.png).

If your partner is the main bread winner then its her call as I presume she will be funding your trip?

I know a couple of men who are unable to get a job due to their trade and are living under their wife's sponsorship (in Qatar) who take care of family business.

I don't doubt it's true.

...yeah right..

All married to rich ladies and are retired SAS/MI5/MI6/MI7/MI8 etc agents

How come I've never met ANY farangs like that in REAL LIFE?

You all seem to exist online

I'm not retired, not ex military or anything like that.

I am from a pretty wealthy family and was born overseas so I have been a lifelong expat living the high life in Hong Kong and for the past 7 years Bangkok.

My current GF is only the second girl I've dated since coming here in 2008.

The first one was ok but her family were poor and once I realised how poor I knew I could never marry her. I have no interest in marrying into a family lower on the social ladder than where I'm from

I spent the next 3 years not dating anyone as I was looking for a very specific type of girl - good family, good job, not poor, very attractive.

Eventually I met the perfect girl and I'm going to make damn sure I don't lose her by being unfaithful or not treating her like my princess.

I'm not one of those fat, working class types who come here from Farang land and bang dozens of poor farm girls while swilling cheap beer.

As for how come you've never met any Farangs like me, where do you hang out? I avoid places where the average age is over 60 and they have hookers hanging around.

I have a friend here. Been here a very long time. He went through a similar situation. Thought it was great. Until he found out he was kept around so the kids knew they had a dad......once that was imprinted, around 6...he got the boot.......kept at arms distance like a show piece........

I don't doubt it's true.

Never had a night out with your mates ? (If you have any).

I bet your 'wealthy' bird would like nothing better than a night out with the girls, without you tagging along.

Got plenty of mates thanks, both male and female, Thai and Farang.

I just think that if you like someone enough to be dating them then by definition they are one of your best mates and you should always want to share time together.

Why on earth would you want to exclude the person who is one of your best mates from a night out with your other friends?

Sorry honey I'm going to that new 5 star restaurant for dinner with some friends and then we are going to Sing Sing and Maggie Choo's for drinks, but I'm not taking you because.......

but I'm not taking you because.......

...Er because me & my mates will be dishing dollars out like candy to brass most of the night?

Classy.

Do you only have guy mates?

Don't you ever go out with a group of guys and their wives and girlfriends? No dinner parties in each other's houses?

but I'm not taking you because.......

...Er because me & my mates will be dishing dollars out like candy to brass most of the night?

Classy.

Do you only have guy mates?

Don't you ever go out with a group of guys and their wives and girlfriends? No dinner parties in each other's houses?

Its better than pretending to be something that i am not!

Most of my mates are guys.

Dinner parties are for pretentious busy-bodies or wife swappingwhistling.gif

I've heard of certain Thai guys who don't work but have bargirl GF's who pretty much funds their lifestyle. I wonder if they go on Thai forums to brag about it like the OP?

No. Neither do they come on here and state my " wife/ gf" is different.

How do you know? Are you the wife he is referring to?

Didn't seem to answer the VISA question now did he?

I just told you that I am his friend.I can also vouch for him being a lazy git with a penchant for the 3rd genderbiggrin.png

How do you know? Are you the wife he is referring to?

cheesy.gif clap2.gif

(wondering what PI stands for...)

Didn't seem to answer the VISA question now did he?

He/she didnt answer ANYTHING so far....

No wonder as its really a troll post coffee1.gif

I don't doubt it's true.

So you met your bird, A.K.A., trophy, on a dating website.

Give her some space. Give her a chance to meet somebody with a bit of personality.