CIGNA Global Coverage

PLM

I got a policy a year ago. Had no occasion to use it, but had enormous problems with their administrative staff. It took a solid year to get issues with the website sorted out - kept showing "no policy" and when I emailed they repeatedly reset my password which was besides the point. More emails than I can count and a full year to get it resolved. Took another 6 months to get them to send me an insurance card and policy documents. I found them so inept that I finally decided I couldn't trust them to properly manage a claim either, so I dropped it. I've been told by 2 brokers that they have had many reports of this sort of thing but as broker they would "help" run interference. I just don't think it should require a middle man to run interference.

But as noted, did not have a claim. And price wise they are advantageous.

Thanks for the reply.

I was interested in CIGNA because of the price. I want insurance in case of a major issue like cancer or getting hit by a bus. I can handle minor hospital visits out of pocket. Guess I will keep shopping,

I got a policy a year ago. Had no occasion to use it, but had enormous problems with their administrative staff. It took a solid year to get issues with the website sorted out - kept showing "no policy" and when I emailed they repeatedly reset my password which was besides the point. More emails than I can count and a full year to get it resolved. Took another 6 months to get them to send me an insurance card and policy documents. I found them so inept that I finally decided I couldn't trust them to properly manage a claim either, so I dropped it. I've been told by 2 brokers that they have had many reports of this sort of thing but as broker they would "help" run interference. I just don't think it should require a middle man to run interference.

But as noted, did not have a claim. And price wise they are advantageous.

Cigna has contracts with big multinational companies and also United Nations. My (ex) company (the biggest Oil Services Company in the world) switched from MSH to Cigna this year. MSH was outstanding and Cigna has proven to be incredibly bad. It took me 3.5 months to get reimbursed for 3 simple claims after many calls to their useless customer service, unanswered emails (they claim to answer within 24 hours), notifications of important emails in my inbox of their secure email system and finding no email there and only showing up after a call to the customer service, asking again for bank details through automatic emails after these being sent more than 10 times previously, their inability to deal with brokerage accounts, their mixed up in using ACH or Wire Transfer for reimbursements, sending letters saying that the payments were successfully done when it is not true, breaking down claims into sub-claims with some labelled as "paid" (usually not true) and other as "in progress" for ever with the amount paid not the same as what you see on your online bank account making it impossible to check properly your reimbursements, the disappearance of the emails sent to them using their secure email system (emails should stay there 1 year) making any reference impossible, and I could go on especially with their CignaEnvoy website with many flaws. And there is a 12% increase of what you pay for the worldwide coverage for 2016!

Sorry for the rant but Cigna drove me mad so much this year, me and all others retirees from my company using the same brokerage bank and we are many.

Sorry to hear you have had problems with Cigna. It looks as if you already have a policy.

Pacific Cross Health, is a Thai based company, so the process of claims is faster, but in addition to that you can have regional or world wide cover, depending what you want.

We receive customers who just spend time in Thailand, but who already have an overseas insurance coverage, and they open a Pacific Cross Insurance policy to provide additional coverage to their existing policy, so that claims and paperwork can be expedited quickly and locally.

Something to consider.