Marriage visa form(s)

Hi,

My Thai partner and I got married several weeks ago in Thailand and now I'm wanting to apply for a marriage visa (non-immigrant O ??). On the advice of the Chiang Mai Immigration Office, I've got an income statement, a picture of my wife and I standing in front of our house with the house number plainly in view and a map of where our house is located (courtesy of Google maps). I hope this is all that is required apart from the usual passport copies and pics. Could anyone please advise what application form(s) are required and where they can be downloaded.

Thanks

Do you have a non-Immigrant visa, else you must make a conversion first or get one from a consulate abroad.

Paperwork:

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
2. Copy Marriage Certificate
3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months, even if marriage certificate is under 6 months old)
4. Child's birth certificate (if any)
5. Copy wife’s house registration (first page showing address and the page showing her details)
6. Copy wife’s identity card
7. Copy passport (all pages with stamps), non-Im visa, arrival card.
8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai and GPS coordinates)
10. 3 Pictures, one showing you outside the house with wife and house number visible, One in bedroom, One showing time relaxing.
11. Copy house book from residence (signed by owner and a signed copy of their ID Card, as this may not be the wife in some cases) or rental contract.
12: Copy of the letter from the MFA showing you were able to marry

With money in bank option.
1. Letters from your bank same day or day before stating bank records, and a transaction list for the past two months.
2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.
3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option
1. A copy of work permit (All stamped pages)
2. Personal income tax (PND.1) for latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year (PND.91) with receipts showing it has been paid
3: Copy of Company documents stamped and signed, Documents must be under 6 months old.
4: Letter of employment, stating location of employment, role and renumeration.

With Income from abroad.
1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

TM.7 can be downloaded here, print both sides on one paper.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

• Like 1

All you can apply for at Chiang Mai immigration is an extension of stay based upon marriage. You must have a non immigrant visa entry to apply for the extension.

If you don't have one now your best option is to make a trip to Vientiane Laos to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

It is possible to change to a non immigrant visa entry at Bangkok immigration but it takes two trips to get the visa/entry stamps.

Regarding the income issue, I only have printed out downloads of my bank statements from Australia showing my income. I can get a summary of these and get them translated.

I'm presently on a 90 day tourist visa with about 1 month to run + 1 month extension.

I'm really not sure which way to go here. It seems that I cannot get a marriage visa in Thailand just on this basis, right? So we have to go to Vientiane and get non-o visa based upon marriage, but only single entry? Does this mean 3 months. And after that can I apply for a multiple entry non-o visa in Thailand?

Thanks to both of you for your help and sorry for all the questions.

You need to do a statutory declaration at the Australian embassy to prove your income of 40k baht or more. That is the only thing immigration will accept for proof.

If you can prove your income a single entry non-o visa is all you need. The visa will allow a 90 day entry that you can then extend at immigration during the last 30 days of the entry..

You can apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage at immigration. If you want to travel you will need to get a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht a multiple is 3800 baht.

If you can't or don't want to do the extension you can get a multiple entry non-o visa that will allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. You have to leave every 90 days to get a new entry.

@ubonjoe,

If I provide Thai Immigration with a statutory declaration from the Australian Embassy proving an income of 40k or more baht plus the rest of the usual documentation, can I apply for a one year extension to my present visa on the grounds of marriage at Chiang Mai?

Thanks for your help.

@ubonjoe,

If I provide Thai Immigration with a statutory declaration from the Australian Embassy proving an income of 40k or more baht plus the rest of the usual documentation, can I apply for a one year extension to my present visa on the grounds of marriage at Chiang Mai?

Thanks for your help.

If you only have a tourist visa the answer is no.

Very helpful post. Did mine this week. Only needed to present 2 photos. New rule is that when you sign the photocopies you must now use blue ink only AND then print your name underneath. They love to see us jumping through hoops! As always helpful ,friendly staff there to assist .

Do you have a non-Immigrant visa, else you must make a conversion first or get one from a consulate abroad.

Paperwork:

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
2. Copy Marriage Certificate
3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months, even if marriage certificate is under 6 months old)
4. Child's birth certificate (if any)
5. Copy wife’s house registration (first page showing address and the page showing her details)
6. Copy wife’s identity card
7. Copy passport (all pages with stamps), non-Im visa, arrival card.
8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai and GPS coordinates)
10. 3 Pictures, one showing you outside the house with wife and house number visible, One in bedroom, One showing time relaxing.
11. Copy house book from residence (signed by owner and a signed copy of their ID Card, as this may not be the wife in some cases) or rental contract.
12: Copy of the letter from the MFA showing you were able to marry

With money in bank option.
1. Letters from your bank same day or day before stating bank records, and a transaction list for the past two months.
2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.
3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option
1. A copy of work permit (All stamped pages)
2. Personal income tax (PND.1) for latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year (PND.91) with receipts showing it has been paid
3: Copy of Company documents stamped and signed, Documents must be under 6 months old.
4: Letter of employment, stating location of employment, role and renumeration.

With Income from abroad.
1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

TM.7 can be downloaded here, print both sides on one paper.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

@ubonjoe,

Thanks for your help.

From Police order 327/2557

2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouses children):

Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).

(2) The alien must have proof of relationship.

(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or

(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married,

must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness

or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of

no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.

In case the father or mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.

For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case by case basis.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month

or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.