Kind cabbie drives two hours from Pattaya to Bangkok to return passenger's iPhone

webfact

Kind cabbie drives two hours from Pattaya to Bangkok to return passenger's iPhone
By Coconuts Bangkok

kind_cabbie.jpg

BANGKOK: -- While we’re all familiar with the bad behavior of taxi drivers, here’s a feel-good story to show us that not all taxi drivers are bad.

A Pattaya taxi driver made a Scottish man's birthday even more special when he drove two hours to his hotel in Bangkok to return his forgotten iPhone.

Our reader Fraser Morton thought he was never going to get his iPhone back when he left it in a taxi on Nov. 14, but the former Bangkok resident received a surprising gift of kindness on his birthday four days later when the driver, Isrin, showed up at his hotel.

"On my birthday on Wednesday just before midnight, he showed up at my hotel to return my phone. He's a badass good guy," Fraser told Coconuts today.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/23/kind-cabbie-drives-two-hours-pattaya-bangkok-return-passengers-iphone

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-23

This wont sit lightly with the thousands of Thai bashers on this forum .They are very likely to get heart seizure.

Credit where credit's due and most of your so called Thai bashers are just slinging shi!!t and having a grand time in Thailand and wouldn't have it any other way.

This wont sit lightly with the thousands of Thai bashers on this forum .They are very likely to get heart seizure.

But will be taken as an opportunity to derail a topic by the paranoids who see any and all criticism as bashing.

Sometimes it is bashing, fair enough you are correct there. However at times it is deserved and it is sticking your head in the sand not to see this.

Edited by Bluespunk

Maybe mbk were unable to unlock it..... So the taxi driver returned it 4 days later......

Yes, I said that! smile.png

Meh. He would just have tossed it in the trash if that was the case. He just dropped it off at the guys hotel, since he was probably back in BKK and had it with him. Well done.

I had A songthew driver do that to me at Koh Phangan.He was surprised when I gave him about 25% reward to what the phone was worth.I believe if it was me I would have given him at least A days wages.I hope the cabbie was well rewarded it was well worth it.

There seem an awful lot of these good guy taxi drivers around in Thailand.

There are as many good as there are bad.

But the percentages don't work out like that as the media only reports on the good or the bad. Average, honest drivers don't normally get a mention..........................wink.png

There seem an awful lot of these good guy taxi drivers around in Thailand.

I got my 'man-bag' - my wallet with 30k baht, all my ATM and credit cards two mobile phones and a compact camera plus all my Isaan house/Bangkok appt/car keys back when I left them in a Bangkok taxi 3 years ago.

If 'seem' implies some element of skepticism on your part champken, then I don't share it needless to say!!

I tipped him 15k baht - the prospect of renewing all those cards and keys had become unbearable in the intervening three hours. Not trying to brag - the money had already been written off in my mind as the last of my worries. I was ecstatic to get it all back

I didn't feature on Cocunuts, but I was invited to go on air on the cabbies radio station with my new-found hero. Strange thing about it was he had dumped me at a BTS five minutes after accepting me as a fare, because he realised he was running out of LPG refuelling options going along Sukhumvit into town. That's why I had jumped out in a huff cursing im under my breath without checking for my stuff!

Long live Bangkok's Isaan cabbies I saybiggrin.png

If you lose something in a taxi do contact the taxi helpline - they are well set up for getting your possessions back in Bangkok. Sorry don't have the number but my condo management did and so would the police (probably searchable on the net)