How to stay in the good books with YOUR Thai lady

fang37

Be honest... Then you are not setting yourself up for failure..

If you are going out tell her.. If you are not sure when you will be home tell her just that.

Show her you love her... Simple.

Problems in all relationships are usually 1 of 2 things.. Money or sex.

Now we're getting to it.

Keep the money online. Everything else is negotiable.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It Works For Me ..... WHEN ......

Whenever I feel I "need" to talk to my Thai wife about something, I now

wait a day or two.

The feeling hopefully passes.

We carry on well without me bringing up something.

We have problems when "I" think I need to give a lot of details about something.

It's often better --- to NOT say anything than to say something.

We as men get into trouble with our mouths.

I have the same problem however I find having the strength to shut my mouth is near impossible. I cant just smile and hold it all in like a Thai. Asking her to consider ideas or try and pass on an understanding of my feelings on a particular issue is fruitless. Im always sorry after I broach a subject, but me being me I just cant hold things in and shut up. Even the gentlest and most sensitive raising of a subject ends in frustration either from her lack of education / ability to understand simple concepts or the look on her face of an angry teenager being lectured and not absorbing a thing I am telling her. Rolling eyes etc. Does that mean she doesn't give a sht? I don't know. Trying to use logic to find a solution or idea calmly and rationally is near impossible. Im not talking about personal or feelings issues only either. If we have a major decision to make or sometimes might even be deciding where to have lunch she seems to try and read my thoughts on what she thinks I would like her to say. On many decisions / problems it might be that I genuinely value her opinion or Im not sure myself. But to her it seems everything is a confrontation of sorts. Either shut up and smile or start raising your voice. Probably comes from a hard life and an instinct of best defence is attack. It is tiring though. I think it was her naivety etc that first attracted me to her but what was once cute becomes annoying.

This morning she raised the idea of having a few pigs. (Yesterday she thought a good idea to sell our house and move closer to town). A friend of hers told her easy money. Buy baby pig, feed rice soup every day and wait 3 months and 5000 baht profit. Nice idea in theory. I listened to what she said and I have heard you can make a modest extra income with pigs but in my mind if it were all that easy everyone would be doing it. Of course any capital investment would be mine (on her land) so as usual she has nothing to lose so she wants full steam ahead. Its not the point of my post but I give this as an example. I told her could be a good idea but Id like to talk with a few people and see if viable, whats involved in set up etc. This was immediately taken as an insult by her probably for not trusting her judgement. She has had many businesses over the years and not one of them has been a success. She even told me "she take care pig before, know everything". Oh? First I heard of it. Where did you have pigs? "back her home" (Where we live now). What? you had a proper enclosure cement everything? Yep. Where did the cement slab go? Its not there now?

"I think ground cover". So it becomes a competition and I've lost interest before its even got started.

That and the facebook addiction, internet "super star" gossip pages, endless selfies, mindless Thai TV soapies, sit gossip with women, eat som tam etc. She seems to wake up every morning with some new ailment. Sore back, headache, sore arm etc. I mean every day. The only productive thing I ever see her do is mop the floor and water the garden. As a matter of fact it seems like the ideal existence for many of these girls is mindless. Are they all like this?

This beggars the question "Then why are you still in the relationship?" I assume that there must be some love there, although reading your post would seem to indicate there isn't.

wait a day or two.

We have problems when "I" think I need to give a lot of details about something.

I have the same problem however I find having the strength to shut my mouth is near impossible. I cant just smile and hold it all in like a Thai. Asking her to consider ideas or try and pass on an understanding of my feelings on a particular issue is fruitless. Im always sorry after I broach a subject, but me being me I just cant hold things in and shut up. Even the gentlest and most sensitive raising of a subject ends in frustration either from her lack of education / ability to understand simple concepts or the look on her face of an angry teenager being lectured and not absorbing a thing I am telling her. Rolling eyes etc. Does that mean she doesn't give a sht? I don't know. Trying to use logic to find a solution or idea calmly and rationally is near impossible. Im not talking about personal or feelings issues only either. If we have a major decision to make or sometimes might even be deciding where to have lunch she seems to try and read my thoughts on what she thinks I would like her to say. On many decisions / problems it might be that I genuinely value her opinion or Im not sure myself. But to her it seems everything is a confrontation of sorts. Either shut up and smile or start raising your voice. Probably comes from a hard life and an instinct of best defence is attack. It is tiring though. I think it was her naivety etc that first attracted me to her but what was once cute becomes annoying.

This morning she raised the idea of having a few pigs. (Yesterday she thought a good idea to sell our house and move closer to town). A friend of hers told her easy money. Buy baby pig, feed rice soup every day and wait 3 months and 5000 baht profit. Nice idea in theory. I listened to what she said and I have heard you can make a modest extra income with pigs but in my mind if it were all that easy everyone would be doing it. Of course any capital investment would be mine (on her land) so as usual she has nothing to lose so she wants full steam ahead. Its not the point of my post but I give this as an example. I told her could be a good idea but Id like to talk with a few people and see if viable, whats involved in set up etc. This was immediately taken as an insult by her probably for not trusting her judgement. She has had many businesses over the years and not one of them has been a success. She even told me "she take care pig before, know everything". Oh? First I heard of it. Where did you have pigs? "back her home" (Where we live now). What? you had a proper enclosure cement everything? Yep. Where did the cement slab go? Its not there now?

"I think ground cover". So it becomes a competition and I've lost interest before its even got started.

That and the facebook addiction, internet "super star" gossip pages, endless selfies, mindless Thai TV soapies, sit gossip with women, eat som tam etc. She seems to wake up every morning with some new ailment. Sore back, headache, sore arm etc. I mean every day. The only productive thing I ever see her do is mop the floor and water the garden. As a matter of fact it seems like the ideal existence for many of these girls is mindless. Are they all like this?

This beggars the question "Then why are you still in the relationship?" I assume that there must be some love there, although reading your post would seem to indicate there isn't.
I guess I'm in the process of trying to work that all out. Saying flick her there's 40 million others waiting (and there is) is easier said than done

wait a day or two.

I guess I'm in the process of trying to work that all out. Saying flick her there's 40 million others waiting (and there is) is easier said than done

Apologies, but I wrote that before seeing your subsequent post.

Accept that with most Thai women you can not carry on a sensible conversation. Further if you ask a yes or no question you get a 15 minute answer that does not answer your question. Do not try to discuss current events and don't discuss anything outside of Thailand. You are not going to have any intellectual enjoyment from a conversation. BETTER TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND SUCK IT UP! A CLOSED MOUTH CAN NOT START AN ARGUMENT.

That doesn't really sound much like a relationship.

The op is very right most thai women no f??k all of what go's on out side of thailand most thai women are with western man for a better life and the money we are all A T M to thai lady's and that is a fact

That doesn't really sound much like a relationship.

Then again it's your own fault if you chose to marry someone who was poor and needed your money to improve their life.

Not sure what you are going on about I not that stupid to get married to any lady not like most man in thailand what you have a rich thai in your life I would think not most are poor not much wrong with that but be she rich be her poor we are still ATM to all woman