Thailand to have its first corruption investigation handbook

webfact

Thailand to have its first corruption investigation handbook

BANGKOK, 24 November 2015 (NNT)-The Office of Public Sector's Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) will publish a handbook on corruption investigation procedures in a bid to shorten the investigation process.

Director of PACC Sector 4 Police Lieutenant Colonel Wannop Somjintanakul, announced that Mahidol University, Rangsit University and other anti-corruption agencies are co-authoring the handbook.

Representatives from these organizations have also attended a meeting hosted by the PACC to discuss graft investigation details.

Mr. Sanyapong Limprasert, a law professor from Rangsit University, said the handbook is expected to set the same standards for all corruption cases and reduce the time involved in investigations.

It will also serve as a guideline for the authorities whenever they consider taking legal action against any individual suspected of corruption. The handbook will be trialed first early next year before its actual launch in May.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-11-24 footer_n.gif

I dont tell people back home about most things that happen here simply because no-one would believe me.

Whats the point of the PACC or CCC writing a book about corruption.....how many of those goons are corrupt?

If corruption was an olympic sport Thailand would top the list with just about every gold medal on offer.

Instructions on use

1. Are you rich. No. Go to 2. Yes, dont bother reading this book.

2. Will you inherit wealth soon. Yes. Ignore this book. No. go to 3.

3. This book is not for you. Go back to the village you pesants and practice subsistance living, leave the corruption issues to us elite and stop expecting any handouts

I dont tell people back home about most things that happen here simply because no-one would believe me.

Whats the point of the PACC or CCC writing a book about corruption.....how many of those goons are corrupt?

If corruption was an olympic sport Thailand would top the list with just about every gold medal on offer.

Yes, but the gold medal would be either fake, metal substituted or be in the shape of a lucky amulet.

Corruption Handbook Rules.

1. There is no corruption in Thailand. You are mistaken. These are gifts.

2. If you are sure that corruption has taken place, please refer to rule number 1.

3. There is no rule 3. If you are unsure of the rules, please refer to rule number 1. thumbsup.gif

The Philippines is better at doing it!

Surely this must be a sick joke?

Can it really be true that there is currently no standard method of dealing with public sector corruption in Thailand?

If so, this can only confirm a complete disregard for ethical standards and codes of practice across the entire community.

Surely this must be a sick joke?

Can it really be true that there is currently no standard method of dealing with public sector corruption in Thailand?

If so, this can only confirm a complete disregard for ethical standards and codes of practice across the entire community.

You reckon?

I seriously doubt that the phrase "ethical standards" exists in this playbook.

To quote a really smart guy I read a lot of (Doug Casey), "It's not only hopeless, it's also hilarious".

Step 1. be very sure of the status, wealth and connections of the person you are investigating and, as appropriate, proceed no further.

Well said, but may I add...

Wai deeply and profusely at any elephants you piss off while you're conducting all investigations.

The investigation ain't the problem. The prosecution is the problem.

Bah Humbug! laugh.png

Just a few decades of "prosecution" malarkey gets folks 120,000 + YEARS!!!

Now where are those multi-millionaire scammers we prosecuted 21 YEARS ago??? I cannot BELIEVE they didn't show up for sentencing!!!

After 21 years, court winds up multi-million-baht swindle case

They do indeed get investigated (from personal knowledge). They are then transferred to what would be Thailand's equivalent of the Siberian Salt Mines for a year or two, and are then allowed back into their more lucrative positions. Just this, and only this, is why this country will always be Third World. Fact.

Edited by dageurreotype

1. There is no corruption in Thailand, just ask those in authority.

2. Those who will admit there is corruption, will never do anything about it.

3. The handbook is all good, but they have to be able to read it first.

4. Those who can read it, won't do so unless it's on their smartphones or iPads that they have their faces implanted in every second of every day.