12 Step Answer

Scabby

Found this very good site for reading up on the 12 step aproach to recovery.

They have write ups from members with how they delt with the steps and I found it was a good starting point if you didn't want to ask someone and get embroiled in conversation, mind you if you wanted to they do have a forum, good links to English meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous aswell, if you find your over there

www.recovery-shed.com

Found this very good site for reading up on the 12 step aproach to recovery.

They have write ups from members with how they delt with the steps and I found it was a good starting point if you didn't want to ask someone and get embroiled in conversation, mind you if you wanted to they do have a forum, good links to English meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous aswell, if you find your over there

www.recovery-shed.com

Thanks Scabby! The AA Grapevine is very good for remote members of the movement as well. That was more back in the snail mail days I guess, before email and forum chat was common.

There is a great AA scene in Pattaya.

I am only a new comer in over 1 month, and the help I am getitng is amazing.

Sure I have the occassional tough day, but the daily meetings teach me to deal with that.

Had definately was head down a bad road with the drinking both in my home country and when I came to Thailand. so its great for me to have come to get help in time thank God.

I think that whatever route you take to sobriety is a good thing and we should focus on the positive side: you have changed your life for the better :D

Keep up the good work :D

Wish I could have said that!

Just keep doing what the ones staying sober do, and don't do what the ones going in&out do.

:o

I think that whatever route you take to sobriety is a good thing and we should focus on the positive side: you have changed your life for the better :o

Keep up the good work :D

True. The results are what are important, not the method necessarily.

I agree 100%

There is a great AA scene in Pattaya.

I am only a new comer in over 1 month, and the help I am getitng is amazing.

Sure I have the occassional tough day, but the daily meetings teach me to deal with that.

Had definately was head down a bad road with the drinking both in my home country and when I came to Thailand. so its great for me to have come to get help in time thank God.

I've been sober by the grace of God and the help of Alcoholics Anonymous for a few years.

Life still happens but you know have a wonderful support group, which means you can travel anywhere in the world, where there will be folks who understand you. My worst day sober is better than my best day when I was a drunk.

Stick with the winners!

Chiang Mai has a wonderful fellowship too.