Man stabbed to death on Paholyothin road in iPad robbery

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Burmese or Cambodian laborers.

Quite possibly this post could feature as the most speculative of the day?

I would suggest it was a tongue in cheek comment- loosen up and don't be so uptight.

Each to his own sir....This is a.......... Forum..........

of which you have been a member for a long time...You should know better!

Also if it was "Tongue in cheek" it's not really appropriate!

Edited by fishhooks

No disrespect to the victim, but his friend had better temper his temper when referring to police progress on this case if another TV post is anything to go by (http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/facebookers-face-8-years-in-jail-for-criticizing-thai-cops/122205/).

Without commenting on the cops performance, I’ll just add that this post fails to mention that Shinawatra Tower II is within 50m of the Bang Sue Police Station (just across the road)!

post-209291-0-49422400-1448446081_thumb.

Only last year I remember that Thais could not have a done a horrendous crime, and in the last few days, students killing each other, man dies for an iPad, so it is TRUE Thais are just as bad as anyone else .

But unlike other countires the Govt speak all is normal and blame anyone but THAIS. That is scary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when people can no longer afford to live , its not an excuse , its a fact. crime is out of control ,

It probably has more to do with drugs or gambling?

Interesting point.

I think that depression / economic crisis can increase drug abuse. Unemployed people getting drunk / high seems plausible to me.

The violence? That obviously comes from ANGER.

Anger and frustration go hand in hand.

Drugs can fuel this anger.

But the anger probably comes from the fact that their parents are home drunk and being abusive, they themselves can't afford the stuff they want. The perceived "need" for "stuff" also increases when one already has low self esteem. Trying to find self-esteem in external stuff. Being angry, being frustraded, getting high to try to "cure" the bad feelings (self medication). All leads to this. Violence. But go ahead, blame the drugs if it makes it easier for you.

Still remember the days when kids were killed for their sneakers???

Guess human animals are progressing, now it is iPads they are killing for.

Unfortunately for the robber(s) only registered owner can reset an iPad.

So all they have is a useless to them toy which the manufacturer is able to track 24/7/36

Unfortunately is has reached the stage were a Thai can do anything and just get a slap on the wrist for it. There ar laws in Thailand for just about everything and if enforced the country would probably rate amongst those with the lowest crime rates in the world. Unfortunately they are not enforced and if yu have money you can do as you like. The law must be void of class or wealth and enforce the laws equally without reference to the persons background, religion, race or colour.

Unfortunately there isnt a dogs chance in hell of that happening

RIP

Edited by gandalf12

3 of them against one guy and they still felt the need to use a knife ??

Total lowlife scum !!!

Maybe low in our expectations , but in most places ,crimes happen when the victim is outnumbered or overwhelmed by a weapon etc

Not much chance of me and my friends who are around 80-100kg Thai boxers getting robbed by an, "opportunist thief" ....

but if I were a 45"kg girl walking home at night .... I wouldn't feel so safe...

Thieves prey on the weak and the vulnerable and unfortunately, this guy must have been an easy target

Don't those iPads have some sort of tracking system built in?

All smart phones can be tracked, data wiped or remotely disabled these days

Networks don't like to do it because they know the next user will give them more money....

Police can never be bothered, I know someone who lost an iPhone and the police in the box were totally unhelpful even though the phones GPS was showing it was 1-200m away and had a picture of the thief

What more do they need to catch someone?

He didn't have a chance, these predators targeted him and went for the kill. They wanted that tablet. A human life for a bloody Tablet computer.

In 1980 when I first moved to Buriram, all over Thailand people were respected by the wide community, one didn't let another lose face let alone their life. Respect for human life and freedoms are on the decline in Thailand. The culture of materialism, greed, selfishness, disrespect and willful corruption is now, I believe, getting out of control. It has invaded all aspects of Thai life. Is this what the new "Thainess" represents, is this what Thais want to be known for ? Because it is going to leave an indelible stain on Thai culture, and history.

I have an extended family in the north of Buriram province, not a bum amongst them. I have put all the kids thru school to graduation, but man I worry for the future that these kids will be part of. I just hope that they will live by what I have tried to teach them, and they themselves are not caught up in the now never ending violence.

Who can you blame ? Everyone is a product of our time.

Edited by Mot Dang

He didn't have a chance, these predators targeted him and went for the kill. They wanted that tablet. A human life for a bloody Tablet computer.

In 1980 when I first moved to Buriram, all over Thailand people were respected by the wide community, one didn't let another lose face let alone their life. Respect for human life and freedoms are on the decline in Thailand. The culture of materialism, greed, selfishness, disrespect and willful corruption is now, I believe, getting out of control. It has invaded all aspects of Thai life. Is this what the new "Thainess" represents, is this what Thais want to be known for ? Because it is going to leave an indelible stain on Thai culture, and history.

I have an extended family in the north of Buriram province, not a bum amongst them. I have put all the kids thru school to graduation, but man I worry for the future that these kids will be part of. I just hope that they will live by what I have tried to teach them, and they themselves are not caught up in the now never ending violence.

Who can you blame ? Everyone is a product of our time.

So true 40 years ago every Thai would go out of their way to help you. As you say it seems to be "The new Thainess".