Fireworks vendor arrested at South Pattaya Market

webfact

Fireworks vendor arrested at South Pattaya Market

store-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday afternoon an undercover operation took place whereby an operative purchased fireworks from a store at the Market opposite the Chaimongkol Temple in South Pattaya.

Fireworks are not permitted to be sold in Pattaya during the Loy Krathong Festival and officials are actively locating and prosecuting vendors who break the rules in relation to their sale.

District Officers, Pattaya Police and The Army raided the store, owned by Khun Nattawan aged 55, after the operative had successfully purchased fireworks. They seized all prohibited items in the store and arrested the owner.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219252/fireworks-vendor-arrested-at-south-pattaya-market/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-26

More good news,

Can we just cancel Fun once and for all in Pattaya. facepalm.gif

Noisy fireworks - fun?

Yes why not

It will be a sad day when Thailand becomes like the nanny state countries we all come from. God forbid. bah.gif

Way to many people want to turn Pattaya into Frang land. cant do this, cant do that.

No thanks. bah.gif

Keep the fireworks.

Try not to shoot them at each other , can be funny watching the locals on the beach some times!!!!!!! wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

When I was out on Beach Rd beach front it was a grim, soulless, joyless spectacle. No lanterns - no fireworks- no fun. What a grate shame that the 'elfnsafety' bullies and bureaucrats with their joyless narrative have arrived here in Pattaya.

It did seem like a downer because there were no lanterns or fireworks. I'll skip it all together. I just don't understand why no lanterns, no jets fly over Pattaya. Besides, you see the ones up in Chiang Mai, they are 6 meters high, no wonder they could screw up a jets engines.

All of those branded fireworks contain black powder sensitive to friction and sparks so having boxes of the stuff piled in the shop front is an accident waiting to happen. Never mind the 'spoling the fun with no fireworks' there is a safety issue so perhaps the hazard has now been moved to the local Police Station.

By all means permit the sale of fireworks but specify the storage conditions and amounts which can be held. But wait.........I forgot, I'm in Thailand........