Gen Prem compares corrupt officials to robbers

webfact

I think the guardian spirits are in the British Virgin Islands, Switzerland or Luxemburg. Their magic doesn't work in Liechtenstein any more.......

Singapore and Mauritius also have potential!

Edited by eddie61

Correct, but when you're basically the most powerful man in the country and this happened on your watch. You were Prime Minister for 8 years AND during the last 2 decades in which you were head of the privy council you did nothing to stop it.....then I'd pretty much say you were complicit in the larceny.

Senile old man

ah those guardian spirits again who must have been taking a nap when the coup happened?

Maybe it is thanks to all the Guardian Spirits that the coup Happened.

To put an end to all the corrupt and incompetent management that the country had.

"To put an end to all the corrupt and incompetent management that the country had."

And return it to the original corrupt and incompetent management of Prem's elite buddies.

Introspection....NO

Accountability..NO

Shallow....an old man who obviously has learned nothing at his age regarding ethics. Being part of a system where conditioning has never been abour Right and Wrong. Self is the name of the game. Many people having issues in daily life with Thais are confronted with the clones of a guy like that.

Sadly enough...the western world is copying the same way of conditioning. People though, thanks to the social media, are seeing things for what they really are . Times will change...albeit slower in Thailand ...thanks to FACE and their educationsystem.

"...warning that their crimes cannot be hidden from guardian spirits who are guarding the country."

How about warning them that their sorry @rses will be put in jail instead!

You need threats that carry credibility. They know jail time is highly unlikely. Fot those who believe in karma, however, the threat of being reborn as a slug does worry them.

“Corruption is not a cheating but it is a crime against the country. It is a robbery. We here are robbed every day. Corrupt officials take our money away and directly put them in their pockets.

Please, tell that to the current, inexplicably wealthy, former General, and unelected "PM", ...

Oh, wait, you were one of those, too... never mind... coffee1.gif

You can find legitimate criticisms of Prem. Accusing him of being unusually rich is not one of them. In his time as prime minister, corruption in the country went down (though it was still at an unacceptble level) and he, personally, was never implicated in corrupt acts.

General Prem is 98 years old, amazing, I wonder what's the secret to his long life. My grandfather got to 99 years old but went senile at 90.

I have often seen that the most wily politicians generally have a very long life.

The scheming helps them stay mentally alert.

In Prem's case, I think he is desperately trying to hang on out of loyalty to the monarchy.