Meeting Thai Women

Colabamumbai

It's a hangover from Western culture older men and younger Thai women = stupid old falang. Part of the general disrespect for age refreshingly absent in Thailand.

Do you younger guys seriously think older guys, with all their life experiences, wouldn't be testing the honesty of the Thai woman and meeting her family before making a commitment to financial support in return for care? Talk about coming the raw prawn.

All the financial support/ care pacts I've observed over the last 6 years - half a dozen - have worked well for both parties.

I'm quite amused by people back in Australia who ask whether I have a Thai g/f. Secretly, they are envious of my freedom. They are also saddled with wives their own age, and they are petrified the wife will just call it a day and walk away with half their assets.

Never mind, just keep on going with your insecurities, prejudices and ignorance. bah.gif I'm sure if you keep on looking for negatives, you'll find them.

'Envious'? 'Freedom'?

What? Freedom to

exploit a farm girl's

poverty to pay her to

stay with you? If these

people you think are

envious are your age,

are they really still as

driven by their nether

regions as you appear

to be?

yep heres a real live feminist the reason i left australia is coz people like this cant stand to see a man happy. We should all live like dogs . Just spermbanks and asset donors for women.

Goooood luck

post-146671-14488669550432_thumb.jpg

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha nope but i know 1 took everything i had and i had paid for except my car. The other helped me rebuild my importing business to a standard better than before . Fishing is one of her weaker points. Apart from that, i can never fault her. She is amazing in every way. If you can imagine taking your mind out of the gutter for just a minute. Put it this way, i wouldnt have what i have now if not for her. I now educate my son to finnish his apprenticeship in oz and come live in thailand . Dont waste his time on ozy women.

From the nested post above: (and) no way I was going to convince myself that I can have a meaningful relationship with a girl 20 or 30 years younger than me.

So you've never tried?

Why does he need to try it? I feel positive it wouldn't work for me and a woman who's the same age as my grandmother. Should I still try it?

Not telling your age and your living and working situation, any advice is not valid.

Please explain why I should be giving out my personal details on TV to establish my bona fides. Why is anonymous advice not valid?

Inflammatory remark and responses to it removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

From the nested post above: (and) no way I was going to convince myself that I can have a meaningful relationship with a girl 20 or 30 years younger than me.

So you've never tried?

Why does he need to try it? I feel positive it wouldn't work for me and a woman who's the same age as my grandmother. Should I still try it?

Up to you.

I have reached a mature age and it is sort of sickening even to the majority of Thais, foreigners granddad dating a very young Thai girl . A pact you mean a large settlement payment so she will hang around. In most cases as soon as the money dries up or not enough she just moves onto the next victim. I understand the situation well as does my Thai girlfriend of many years. Lucky i do not have to make monthly payments to hire a woman. It is nothing more than renting by the month instead of by the hour or not. What you have is perhaps a cheaper monthly rental.

Thai girl, old wheezer = YUK ! YUK ! and YUK! no matter how much money he is tossing at her. Guess he can,t understand any Thai insults and dirty looks everywhere he goes. Sorry it makes ALL foreigners look like complete losers and suckers.

You seem to have a real hang-up about old guys and young Thai girls. I'd suggest it's none of your business. I'd also suggest you wait until you've reached a mature age before passing judgment on something you obviously don't understand.facepalm.gif

A lot of the so-called old wheezers have made a pact with younger Thai women. The pact consists of the Thai woman taking care of the older man until he dies. In return, she gets financial support and also looked after in his will.

When you compare this with the Western-style approach of shoving unwanted relatives into nursing homes to rot, with extortionate fees to boot for indifferent care, I'll take the Thai-style version any time. And I'm more likely to die with a smile on my face.biggrin.png

Perhaps you are concerned you will be branded a loser and sucker by association. Don't worry, you've achieved the loser part already out of your own mouth.

I have reached a mature age and it is sort of sickening even to the majority of Thais, foreigners granddad dating a very young Thai girl . A pact you mean a large settlement payment so she will hang around. In most cases as soon as the money dries up or not enough she just moves onto the next victim. I understand the situation well as does my Thai girlfriend of many years. Lucky i do not have to make monthly payments to hire a woman. It is nothing more than renting by the month instead of by the hour or not. What you have is perhaps a cheaper monthly rental.

Thai girl, old wheezer = YUK ! YUK ! and YUK! no matter how much money he is tossing at her. Guess he can,t understand any Thai insults and dirty looks everywhere he goes. Sorry it makes ALL foreigners look like complete losers and suckers.

You seem to have a real hang-up about old guys and young Thai girls. I'd suggest it's none of your business. I'd also suggest you wait until you've reached a mature age before passing judgment on something you obviously don't understand.facepalm.gif

A lot of the so-called old wheezers have made a pact with younger Thai women. The pact consists of the Thai woman taking care of the older man until he dies. In return, she gets financial support and also looked after in his will.

When you compare this with the Western-style approach of shoving unwanted relatives into nursing homes to rot, with extortionate fees to boot for indifferent care, I'll take the Thai-style version any time. And I'm more likely to die with a smile on my face.biggrin.png

Perhaps you are concerned you will be branded a loser and sucker by association. Don't worry, you've achieved the loser part already out of your own mouth.

I must admit I get a perverse pleasure out of watching guys like you jumping to conclusions, it's really entertaining.cheesy.gif

Although as a counter-balance, your self-righteousness is a bore.bah.gif

What on earth would I want with a 20 year old? My Thai g/f is 50, although she looks about 30.

You may have reached a mature age, whatever that is; however, IMHO that maturity is only from the neck downwards.

This

I guess it depends on

whether you're solely

driven by a woman's

looks. Men with that

attitude tend to end

up very lonely

On what statistical study of the male population are you basing your opinion?

Beyond my personal

experience of men who

base their romantic

decisions on how their

woman looks, none

In the end its all about what works for the individual. My comments posted were not to cite an argument or say I have the answers. I know what I wanted from a relationship(and for the record she did not have to be Thai just happened to work out that way). I think we all have expectations.

I laugh a bit at the posters knocking western women and think in some way they have found this perfect world in Thailand with this angel of a gal. Why is that? There are some very hot attractive western women. I suspect those posters had a bad deal in their home country so of course Thailand is heaven. Its incredibly easy to buy up a girl and some of those gals clearly look past the mans looks and hygiene as I have witnessed. But no matter how you slice it they are females. Sure some are quite beautiful and maybe their naivety makes them more appealing in the beginning but some of us require a balanced woman to live life with. I'm not late 60's, early 70's wanting a caregiver. I don't want to go drink in a bar every night and just tell her take it or leave it and I will be home when I am good and ready too. I wanted a gal that can travel, communicates well in English, can carry on a conversation with others and not just hide in a corner and chat on her smartphone, that I could take to a dinner party or go on trips with others and not have someone ask me "Is this your daughter". I could not imagine struggling the rest of my life with a young gal that can barely speak English, who's parents speak none, who has never seen anything in the world other than what they might see on TV. They have limited life experience. Sure its a simple life but that I would think would wear thin after time which is why I suspect a great majority of the posters that whinge on TVF about Thais have come to realize that its harder than it appears and now that the sex lust is over, what's next? Post on Thai forums to get your English fill because you cannot talk to your wife or her family? I'll pass. I truly admire the men that took the time to learn Thai and speak it fluently, my hats off to them.

I am very thankful I was able to come to this country and work here for 7+ years in the industry meeting folks and learning the culture. It was this opportunity that allowed me to throw away the rose colored glasses after a very short period of time and see it from a broader view. With that said I am glad I call it home. I prefer it way over the states for a variety of reasons.

To each his own, its all good. Just one posters point of view on the subject.

As the guy above says, it's all what works out for the individual. He wants a girl who communicates well in English. This is Thailand. I prefer to be with Thai women who don't speak English. Completely different dynamic. Relationships are visceral. It's either there or it isn't. Throw out the checklist.

Edited by JLCrab

As the guy above says, it's all what works out for the individual. He wants a girl who communicates well in English. This is Thailand. I prefer to be with Thai women who don't speak English. Completely different dynamic. Relationships are visceral. It's either there or it isn't. Throw out the checklist.

A very cool thing about having a language barrier is people tend to judge you based on your actions (and not as much on your personality or interests). There's something noble in that. Edited by eldragon

Good Points JL. I respect your point of view. Its great we all want different things. Imagine the world where everybody wanting everything the same. I have enjoyed learning Thai and have some ways to go. Its nice my wife and I can understand each other in both. When she has come to the states with me she can travel around easily and feel comfortable and with her tutorial guidance I will be able to do the same in Thailand.

Yes I agree Eldragon, Language barriers can be rewarding as our actions tend to show a lot more than words can at times. However while fun in the beginning it works against you later as the only communication is with actions sort of like cavemen did by grunting and pointing. All good if that's what one wants with a GF or wife. I guess I did not go through college and work all those years to digress back to grunting and speaking some cryptic broken Thai/English. Now maybe when I am 70 I would want that, but not now.

Edited by JAFO

Good Points JL. I respect your point of view. Its great we all want different things. Imagine the world where everybody wanting everything the same. I have enjoyed learning Thai and have some ways to go. Its nice my wife and I can understand each other in both. When she has come to the states with me she can travel around easily and feel comfortable and with her tutorial guidance I will be able to do the same in Thailand.

Yes I agree Eldragon, Language barriers can be rewarding as our actions tend to show a lot more than words can at times. However while fun in the beginning it works against you later as the only communication is with actions sort of like cavemen did by grunting and pointing. All good if that's what one wants with a GF or wife. I guess I did not go through college and work all those years to digress back to grunting and speaking some cryptic broken Thai/English. Now maybe when I am 70 I would want that, but not now.

Fair enough. And I'm not talking about a total language barrier. I speak a decent amount of Thai and pick up any other language pretty easily. But, as I get older I'm finding a good relationship for me is more about companionship, and I don't need as much connection or conversation. I look for girls that are easygoing and fun to be around, which is why- despite the many frustrations- I still like and pursue Thai girls. Yeah, it's a little annoying sometimes when you need to discuss something important and it seems like the girl doesn't care. But I find women that speak English well don't really care about a man's problems anyway. They like guys that listen, don't talk too much, and are in control of their emotions. Or maybe that's just the type I go for. I don't know. But if I have a big problem, I discuss it with my boys. They usually give me better, more straightforward advice.

When I have a big problem these days, a Thai girl is usually the root cause of it so I discuss it with her. In some cases a few years back it involved a court case involving a large property. In another case a serious medical issue. All in Thai. Not boring.

As far as my personal 'mental stimulation' these days it involves international diplomatic treaties at the UN in New York and Geneva, the EU Single Market, and a couple of Court cases in the US at the Appellate and Supreme Court level. Most people in the US don't know about it or would be able to discuss it so I certainly would not expect a Thai girl to be able go discuss it whether she speaks English or not.

Edited by JLCrab

Maybe after haveing a pushy screaming wife in the west and losing almost everything i owned and paid for. I thought , next wife i get will have to be smarter than me so she can help me not parasite off me. Self sufficient so doesnt need my money. Honest so i dont have to sleep with 1 eye open. Reliable.Soft voice so i enjoy the sound of her voice. Good looking so i enjoy looking at her. Want to make her man happy.

I knew,impossible i can get all these things from a western woman . My Thai wife is all of these things and more. After 10 years together,i know i am the luckiest man alive. Right time ,right place. I wish everybody was as lucky as i am.

I always tell her " im going to die before her so i can follow her when she dies and go with her into the next life. Then we can have longer together next life"

Cheers Cobbler

Cobbler, how long were you with your Australian wife ?

As I read, it got very bitter towards the end. I am sure you had some wonderful times together, and, I imagine you married her through love, and had a child or children together.

There is nothing to say, that in the future, your current relationship could eventually end the same way.

When I have a big problem these days, a Thai girl is usually the root cause of it so I discuss it with her. In some cases a few years back it involved a court case involving a large property. In another case a serious medical issue. All in Thai. Not boring.

As far as my personal 'mental stimulation' these days it involves international diplomatic treaties at the UN in New York and Geneva, the EU Single Market, and a couple of Court cases in the US at the Appellate and Supreme Court level. Most people in the US don't know about it or would be able to discuss it so I certainly would not expect a Thai girl to be able go discuss it whether she speaks English or not.

I never have problems with Thai girls. They're not as clever as they think they are. The tricky ones generally show their hand early and often so it's easy to steer clear of them, or manipulate them by leading them to believe they're fooling you.

Maybe after haveing a pushy screaming wife in the west and losing almost everything i owned and paid for. I thought , next wife i get will have to be smarter than me so she can help me not parasite off me. Self sufficient so doesnt need my money. Honest so i dont have to sleep with 1 eye open. Reliable.Soft voice so i enjoy the sound of her voice. Good looking so i enjoy looking at her. Want to make her man happy.

I knew,impossible i can get all these things from a western woman . My Thai wife is all of these things and more. After 10 years together,i know i am the luckiest man alive. Right time ,right place. I wish everybody was as lucky as i am.

I always tell her " im going to die before her so i can follow her when she dies and go with her into the next life. Then we can have longer together next life"

Cheers Cobbler

Obviously still bitter but

at some point you loved

your ex-wife. You can't tar

all Western women with

the same brush.

What happens if you

suddenly decide your

Thai wife is the devil

incarnate? Does that

mean all Thai women

will make your hate