Meeting Thai Women

Colabamumbai

You look at the wrong places

You have made the wrong profile of woman you look after

You are too eager to have a woman

You advertise yourself in the wrong way

Do not forget the people around the world are everywhere the same.

there are good thai woman and bad thai woman.

there are good foreigners and bad foreigner.

both complain about the same.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need to be like an inveterate gambler in the dating game. It often goes wrong a lot, but you do get some wins, and keep those wins in your head when you walk around as it should help finding a better one.

Gambling is known as a bad vice is it not ?

You say you have friends who are happily married with Thai ladies, so I would try to be introduced to the friends of your friends wives. All Thai women have many female friends, and they are willing to have everybody happy around. My wife has tried to set up matching couples between her friends and my single friends... though without success so far. I wd try to head this way if I was you. I think you wd have more chances to get into a true relationship than on date websites. I wish you good luck.

Fred

A friend of mine wrote a book "Thai Fever".....

ANYBODY really interested in any kind of serious relationship with a Thai woman within the Thai culture should read and school themselves on that book....If you don't/won't/can't do or accept what you read then a Thai woman is probably not right for you.....

A small quibble, but if its this book, the title is actually 'Thailand Fever' ? - i read it well before getting on the plane to LoS and completely agree everyone should read it - and all the other books out there about Thai-Farang relationships - http://www.amazon.com/Thailand-Fever-Chris-Pirazzi/dp/1887521488

You say you have friends who are happily married with Thai ladies, so I would try to be introduced to the friends of your friends wives. All Thai women have many female friends, and they are willing to have everybody happy around. My wife has tried to set up matching couples between her friends and my single friends... though without success so far. I wd try to head this way if I was you. I think you wd have more chances to get into a true relationship than on date websites. I wish you good luck.

Fred

I agree.....Whether here or in the states that is/was the screening system most believed in and successful....

Trouble is the poster has been there awhile....Like a well worn sturdy piece of furniture → trusted - appreciated - used - but not noticed or it's worth not seen anymore.....

He is old news there...a fixture....

I'm marrying A woman that I met on the net,Wayn.She finishes her PHD around June.We will be living at her place around 6

Months out of the year and the rest in the US.Um you might want to bend A little.Maybe lighten up.I find that everyone lies.Maybe

Some are small white lies.No big deal.You can hunt far and wide your not going to find perfect.You probably have some things

That many women don't like either.I try to comprise.Roll with the punches.

Patience is the key. I met mine after 3 years and 3 disasters but I learned from each one. We met on the Thai Love Links site she is 26 now and I am 77 been together 4 years now get along great. After I pass somebody is going to get a wonderful woman. I truly hope they appreciate her. They are out there. After 3 disasters I laid what I was offering on the table. We negotiated and came to an amicable agreement. Your biggest disadvantage is coming here with lust in your eyes and a loose wallet. It takes time to work your way through that. There is a lot of coal out there but sift through it for the diamonds. There are all kinds. The funniest one I heard lately was a young lady with 2 kids looking for a guy no sex involved but wanted to be maintained. She spoke no English but had high expectations.

3 x the age of your wife. hahahahahahahahaha! guys who preach age is only a number are dangerous....to the fools who beleieve it.

I'm marrying A woman that I met on the net,Wayn.She finishes her PHD around June.We will be living at her place around 6

Months out of the year and the rest in the US.Um you might want to bend A little.Maybe lighten up.I find that everyone lies.Maybe

Some are small white lies.No big deal.You can hunt far and wide your not going to find perfect.You probably have some things

Patience is the key. I met mine after 3 years and 3 disasters but I learned from each one. We met on the Thai Love Links site she is 26 now and I am 77 been together 4 years now get along great. After I pass somebody is going to get a wonderful woman. I truly hope they appreciate her. They are out there. After 3 disasters I laid what I was offering on the table. We negotiated and came to an amicable agreement. Your biggest disadvantage is coming here with lust in your eyes and a loose wallet. It takes time to work your way through that. There is a lot of coal out there but sift through it for the diamonds. There are all kinds. The funniest one I heard lately was a young lady with 2 kids looking for a guy no sex involved but wanted to be maintained. She spoke no English but had high expectations.

3 x the age of your wife. hahahahahahahahaha! guys who preach age is only a number are dangerous....to the fools who beleieve it.

I have yet to see it work between a thai girl and western man. only ones I know stay together is because he is paying her a good salary, she is living a better lifestyle in a nice house or they are together because they have kids.

if you move into their house try paying some 'rent' don't spend all day hanging around getting on her nerves and it might last a bit longer.

actually I don't understand why a foreigner would want to stay with a thai woman. we have nothing in common with them. especially in Thailand. they make great mums but that's about it.

Hmmm, possibly your the problem, not them.. Meeting them easy enough, yet move in, things go horrible wrong... Take a look in the mirror, as honest questions.. Theres a lot of good ladies around, but they dont hang out at bars..

Am 65 just. I have worked for the past 5 years in Thailand to save my savings money and wait for my pension from Canada due today actually. On Non O for my life in T'land.

My plan before coming back to Thailand after 40 years, was to go to Thai School, which I did, find work, which I did and third find a good women.

I have met many good women, some just not right for me, to live with or marry, as I said I married 5 years ago and it did not last, after dating the woman for 6 months, she had ulterior motives.

No I am not a bum, and not looking for sex, I do live in Isaan and have many friends happily married. I am educated, well traveled slim and fit.

I have spent more than 10 years in the far east and appreciate the difference in peoples and cultures.

I do know when the time is right it happens, otherwise you are not ready for it and do not appreciate it or recognize it as such.

Many of the Isaan women who speak English are working in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket, many have asked me to come there, but like a Thai man I am not into travelling hours to meet someone. I have been there and done that.

I appreciate the positive replies.

Have u given thought with hooking up with a MATURE thai girl.................hahahaha.

Hmmm, possibly your the problem, not them.. Meeting them easy enough, yet move in, things go horrible wrong... Take a look in the mirror, as honest questions.. Theres a lot of good ladies around, but they dont hang out at bars..

Again good wimmin r not interested in 65 old man. Did you read where he is waiting on his pension. His good years are way behind him.

As said I do not do bars or bar girls, or short time women. I am outgoing, and attractive but shy to come on to a woman the street, not knowing if that is her husband behind here? Married or single and how many Samee Nois.?

After the first hello, I can have a conversation with anyone, even dogs in the street. I did not come to Thailand solely for the purposes of having sex with Thai women, unlike so many other men.

What I do not like is after meeting a woman for 5 minutes she says "If you want me to live with you, you pay me 10,000 - 15,000 Baht a month, and u must pay me in advance.. " before she asks my name or where I live

I wouldn't want a woman

desperate enough to

sell herself to a 73 year

old man when she was

As said I do not do bars or bar girls, or short time women. I am outgoing, and attractive but shy to come on to a woman the street, not knowing if that is her husband behind here? Married or single and how many Samee Nois.?

After the first hello, I can have a conversation with anyone, even dogs in the street. I did not come to Thailand solely for the purposes of having sex with Thai women, unlike so many other men.

What I do not like is after meeting a woman for 5 minutes she says "If you want me to live with you, you pay me 10,000 - 15,000 Baht a month, and u must pay me in advance.. " before she asks my name or where I live

Yeah that's because you're scratching around with financially challenged Isaan women.

Almost all women under 45 are going to expect a stipend from a guy your age.

As far as they're concerned, what you think you bring to the table is pretty much worthless.

Why should a younger woman hook up with an old man unless it's for money?

At least they're being straight up from the get go

Yeah that's because you're scratching around with financially challenged Isaan women.

As far as they're concerned, what you think you bring to the table is pretty much worthless.

Who is looking for a woman under 45? I bring to the table more than they have ever had in their lives.

Who is looking for a woman under 45? I bring to the table more than they have ever had in their lives.

Sadly, the women you've been dealing with don't rate whatever it is you think you bring to the table.

You might have swagger on the internet but sadly, it doesn't translate to the real world . . .

where it counts

Fred

I agree, but ask your ferang mates. My wife is hopeless at trying to match her singe Thai friends with ferangs. But I've successfully matched up two ferangs with Thai woman to the point of marriage. Your mates are more likely to know your personality foibles and what you are really looking for. I think a bloke is better able to tell when a woman is likely to be a good match when he has lived in Thailand for awhile and experienced the highs and lows in the dating and marriage game. You get to recognise a likely keeper when you see her.

inflammatory/insulting remarks removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

There are plenty of Thai women out there - waitresses, shop assistants, nurses etc.

It's critical you recognise a relationship with a Thai woman is an exercise in pragmatism. If you are chasing 30-year olds when you are in your sixties, of course it's going to be initially an interest in your wallet. You'd be an idiot to think otherwise.

A lot of Thai women are interested in falangs because they have the reputation of being more stable in relationships than Thai males. They detest alcoholics, abusers and liars, which many Thai men are. Not that I'm excluding falangs.

From observation and personal experience, you have to set boundaries. Your resources may be limited, and you should make that clear. Thais live for the moment, they do not plan for the future.

Don't get married. Marriage confers certain rights under Thai law, and it's best to not go there.

Don't have children unless you are similar ages. A 60 year old fathering a Thai child with a 30 year old Thai woman doesn't appear sensible to me. Dealing with a teenager when you are in your late seventies? Wonderful.

Only put into the relationship what you can afford to lose. There are so many stories of financial ruin on TV I've lost count of them. I have assets in Australia, and assets in Thailand. Never the twain shall meet.

I've been in a relationship with a Thai woman for 5 years now, and so far it's working. I think it works because while I am generous to her ( paid for her house etc. ) she knows if it comes to a crunch I'm prepared to walk away.

This may sound a bit cold-hearted to some; however, you do have to think with your head and not your dick.

Good Luckbiggrin.png

Some tips for you:

- stay away from isan ladies

- date someone close to your age

- same income and social level as you

- better to look for chinese or thai chinese mix

- a women who studied abroad is a plus

- a women who never travel outside thailand is a minus

Folow this basic rules and u will find good girls.

wow great advise you are certainly onto something.

say while we are at it can you tell me then where i can meet a thai lady that earns the same as me as that is a cornerstone to your advise

oh and yes as a guide she needs to earn about 220k per annum.

umm that's USD too.

Thanks in advance for what i am sure will be a game changer for me with your advise

wow great advise you are certainly onto something.

say while we are at it can you tell me then where i can meet a thai lady that earns the same as me as that is a cornerstone to your advise

oh and yes as a guide she needs to earn about 220k per annum.

umm that's USD too.

Thanks in advance for what i am sure will be a game changer for me with your advise

With your mastery of the English language, I am surprised you are not earning more than a measly USD 220K.

gigglem.gif

I dated several Thai girls before I moved here, that I met on line they were mostly all lovely (a couple of SHORT stints with whack jobs, but they were quickly apparent), but in time I saw that they weren't going to be right for me for various reasons, not all they're issues, but sometimes mine. The ones that I considered serious 'contenders' were all quite lovely and we are still in touch to this day.

I moved here six years ago to live with (the plan was forever) a lovely lady that I met on Thaifriendly... we were great for my first initial two week visits staying together and even the first few months living together when I moved here. After that, it started to fall apart and was apparent we weren't compatible.I think we both shared equally in the reasons we couldn't stay together, but I'm fine with that and we moved on. Too bad though, she was a banshee in the bedroom LOL!

I've now been with a super lovely lady that I met over four years ago (also on-line initially), and we get along famously; like best friends, as it should be. She's stuck with me even though I can be difficult at times and she's also put up with my occasional philandering, which was part of my package... I know everyone has a tipping point when it comes to sticking with a relationship, and so far I've managed to keep her clear of that.

In the end, I think I've finally met one that can put up with me... and I surely feel comfortable with her... but it's taken a long time, four countries, and a bunch of stress and heartache to get to this point.

Have patience. Long term good relationships aren't easy to find, and also not easy to keep, no matter where in the world you decide to look.

The people who go on dating websites or meet bar girls, are not looking for 'someone to put up with them'.

Your 'relationship' shows signs of insecurity on your behalf.

Why not just live alone and carry on with your philandering ?

First, I met girls through the web sites because I didn't at all want to meet a girl in a bar. I've never 'dated' a bar girl, and never would. Bar girls are good for one main thing IMO.

I live with her because I love my partner, and we get on very well... and now my philandering has decreased quite a bit to an occasional short time or quickie BJ off soi 8.

I'm not insecure, why would you put me in that box? Because I like a bit of strange once in a while?? :-O

Living alone would be much worse than that, for both of us!

Why would I give up a great relationship with a great lady who understands me?

Archived