Recreational Aircraft

ezzra

EZZRA - Am in the process of trying to sell my DA40 - want to get a TWINSTAR.

Plane is in Thailand, currently been processed onto HS reg - so no, the import VAT/duties not yet paid.

Its been here just under a year.

Is used it at least 2 weekends a month on long trips i.e. cross border, and at least 2 times a month to pick up junior (the daughter) from school at the International School (Kao Yai National Park area not far from Korat) - the round trip can be done in about 3 hours - by car it woul dtake a whole day from Loei).

Has: Autopilot - good for IR - Becker 3500ADF option (full glass cp)

Hours: 569

Ears open for offers of $250K plus (as Baht or overseas in Sterling/U$D/ Euro).

Tim

Edited by Maizefarmer

• 2 weeks later...

Ah the DA40, I did my PPL back home in South Africa in one of those, lovely plane but a bit small.

I would look for a Cessna 210 Centurian if you plan on flying more than 2 people, I absolutely love flying it.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know about Gyrocopters in Thailand. I would love to get hold of one.

Edited by Norrad

Just got back from a day flying from Huahin (take-off at 6:30am) up to a new airstrip near Suphanburi (U-thong). About 15 planes and ultralights with about 500 spectators and an airshow. Then flew over to River Kwai airstrip near Kanchanaburi then return to Huahin. What a day! Good luck finding a plane, this is a wonderful country to fly in. Many adventures and wonderful adventures await you! Cheers, Michael

Used to do a bit of flying in the old days in the UK with the Air Cadets..origional Sgt Kite :o but although got me Gliders Silver "C" could never afford to do the PPL/CPL Pilots course but it still appeals.Had about 25 hours in Chipmunks,with the usual assortments of...can you believe it...Ansons,Varsitys/Valletas,DC3 and one one occasion we were taking up in a Vulcan...yea I know...

Noticed that there is a couple of flying clubs in CM including Micro Lites and even a gliding school which from their maps show that they are located not far from our place in Mae-ON...could almost walk there .....

Any members out there..reports...news etc...info....? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the Thai Flying Club would be a good starting point with lots of potential contacts. I hired a Mooney from there a few years back which was fun, and looking to return again in Jan for a go in the Wilga. Anybody tried it and if so whats it like.

The DA 40 sounds like a great machine, can i have a go please !.

Rgds.