Britain's parliament debates Cameron's call to air war in Syria

webfact

Britain's parliament debates Cameron's call to air war in Syria

606x341_317807.jpg

LONDON: -- Westminster was packed on Thursday as Prime Minister David Cameron laid out his case for intervention in Syria.

A vote will be held on extending the RAF’s bombing campaign against ISIL into Syria will be taken early next week, and MPs insisted on debating the issue. Cameron insisted there was a “moral” case to answer, and a security imperative.

“In the last 12 months our police and security services have disrupted no fewer than seven terrorist plots to attack the UK. Everyone of which is either linked to ISIL or inspired by their propaganda. So I am in no doubt that is in our national interest for action to be taken to stop them. And stopping them means taking action in Syria,” he said.

The RAF is already engaged in bombing ISIL targets in Iraq with its Tornado and Typhoon fighter-bombers where its effectiveness has been criticised. Critics of a purely air-based resistance to ISIL argue that safe zones protected on the ground are needed.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-27

Just make sure all potential enemy combatants are interned first. I always think of Waco and the branch Davidians, the last time an evil cult was nipped in the bud. Before the days of PC and compulsory white guilt that has rogered our culture.

Fair enough to debate the issue. This should not be another "You're either with us or agin us" coercion by an idiot.

Having said that, Western nations need to stick together and support each other on the daesh fight.

Go Fly Boys.

In times of War, the Government needs full support. It is good to debate, and the PM is just covering his ass. War means son and daughters die.

But I agree; every Western country needs to be involved; also any Muslim country which hate Terrorist !

I look forward to the Labour Party doing yet more damage to their electability by opposing military action to fight a totalitarian death cult.

I don't think anyone is opposing action against ISIS, but there are more than just Labour MPs pointing out that the PM outlined nothing solid beyond that goal.

He is touting a coalition which will provide support to anti Assad fighters to fight ISIS on the ground. Meanwhile, Russian is currently carpet bombing these anti Assad fighters in retaliation for a bomb planted by ISIS, while also making growling noises towards Turkey, our NATO ally and covert supporter of ISIS. If this doesn't turn into another western facilitated FUBAR then you can colour me surprised.

Edited by RuamRudy

It has been an interesting couple of weeks. First the terrible terrorist attacks in France (more died in other countries but only France made the news of course) has been the rallying cry for more war and more bombing of ISIS, but of course sparing the head-chopping Al Qaeda "moderates" or dropping leaflets prior bombing. Britan will be in, the US will advise how heavily, the Germans are salivating to get in and do something as well, can't ley France have all the glory. Blasting the crap out of everything will no doubt ease the flow of "refugees" to Europe?

Anti-Muslim sentiment is rising everywhere, seems we are getting closer to demanding a new crusade. Turkey shoots down a Russian plane, NATO supports them but less than enthusiastically. US leaks suggests the plane shot down over Syria, stories emerging about Ergodans' son making a fortune selling ISIS oil. Is this about dividing Turkey and Russia or has Turkey outlived its usefulness?

Will Kurdistan rise again taking a bite out of Iraq, Syria and Turkey and who will control them? Decades old Israeli plan to destabilise the Middle East slowly coming to fruition, but perhaps that's just coincidental. There again Israel has suggested that with Syria so conveniently now so destabilised that it might be a good idea if they did the right thing and took over the oil and water-laden Golan Heights permanently, seems the German concept of Lebensraum was well noted.

Game of Thrones in real life...