German police foil Berlin terror plot

webfact

German police arrest two in Berlin in plot to launch 'significant' attack
By Kevin Conlon and Stefan Simons, CNN

(CNN)A German special forces unit arrested two men in a Berlin raid Thursday who are accused of plotting "a significant criminal act against state security," according to Berlin authorities.

The two men were arrested in the Britz section of the German capital after a search was conducted on an Islamic cultural center, police said.

The suspects, whose identities have not been released, are 28 and 46, according to police, and the German newspaper Der Tagesspeigel reports that one of them was Tunisian and the other Syrian.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/26/europe/germany-berlin-terror-plot-arrests/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2015-11-27

So far, Middle East aside, plans for attacks in Germany, Belgium and Spain (all foiled) and France. Seems safe to assume that all countries are on the hit list. Sooner or later these clowns are going to hit the jackpot again. What a sad state of affairs.

or possibly, just possibly the German government needs to point to an urgent threat against the homeland in order to justify a related policy against IS or to divert attention from other political problems.

Many condemned Thai junta for discovering a "major plot" the other day...

It is a war zone. I doubt the 'flight plans' were exact and I doubt that the Russians told them they were going to be using Turkish airspace. The Russians should have perhaps mentioned to the Turks that they would be going into their airspace.

It is a war zone. I doubt the 'flight plans' were exact and I doubt that the Russians told them they were going to be using Turkish airspace. The Russians should have perhaps mentioned to the Turks that they would be going into their airspace.

hmmm... the Berlin plot thickens, now including the flightplans, the Russians and Turkey...