Warning: Suvarnabhumi Airport Re-entry Permit

You can get a re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi like before at Don Muang. However, at Don Muang you could get a photo taken, if you had forgotten to take a photo with you.

At Suvarnabhumi they do not have any facility to get a picture done. In this case, your visa will cxl when you leave Thailand. Be sure to take a 2 x 2 inch photo if you are applying at the airport rather than at immigration.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

OK. I knew we Americans are metric challenged but is the size not 4x6cm rather than 2x2 inches? :D

Any landmark as to where they are located? Have been several queries already.

4 x 6 cm or 2 x 2 inch. :o

Just take a photo with you.

Anybody know where the re-entry booth is, at the airport?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, where is the booth?

Also, does anybody have practical experience using this (and/or the one at Don Muang) to get a permit before a morning flight? When I fly to the US, my departure is often around 7am, so I am wondering how early I would need to get to the airport in order to safely get checked in, get my re-entry permit, and not miss my flight, without losing any more pre-flight sleep than I have to. :o

If it requires a lot of extra time, I guess it might be less disruptive to just take a trip to Suan Phlu a few days in advance. But, it would be nice to know for a worst-case situation...

The booth is air-side.... after passport control.

I haven't been there / used it yet, but noticed a paper sign on the entrance to the passport control section which you will need to go through to get to the re-entry permit counter.

[

quote name='lopburi3' date='2006-10-27 17:07:49' post='959312]

A re-entry permit allows you to keep your current permitted to stay stamp, either visa or extension of visa, alive so when you return you are permitted to stay until that date again.

Hi

I currently have a non immigrant multi entry O visa. After 90 days I intend to go for a short break in Cambodia which will enable me to stay for another 90 days in thailand upon my return. Surely multi entry means just that. Or are you saying that I will need to get my visa revalidated at airport prior to flying out of Thailand?

Thanks

TBWG :o

As long as your (multi entry O) visa is valid, you can go and return as often as you wish and receive every time permission to stay for another 90 days.

Should you, however, decide to stay longer than 90 days, you may apply with the immigration office inside Thailand to be allowed to do so. In this case your visa will be voided and replaced by an extented permission to stay up to 1 year from your last entry.

In this case you have to apply for a re-entry permission which will keep your permission to stay valid.

In your example you go for a short break to Cambodia and receive upon return another 90 days.

During the last 30 days of these 90 you apply with immi for extension of stay for one year which can be done under the 'O', usually due marriage to a Thai or retirement. Once granted you may stay til November 2007 (1 year from last entry) but than, need a re-entry permit to keep the Nov. 07 valid.

Edited by Axel

OK. I knew we Americans are metric challenged but is the size not 4x6cm rather than 2x2 inches? :D

Any landmark as to where they are located? Have been several queries already.

4 x 6 cm or 2 x 2 inch. :D

Just take a photo with you.

Anybody know where the re-entry booth is, at the airport?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I have noticed the 4x6cm requirement a number of times. WHY can't they go with the international standard (except USA and Canada) of 35x45mm which is a passport photo. I know it means accepting that there is a world outside the borders, but it is a big world. :o

Also, could someone explain what this re-entry permit IS and who does it apply to ?

It's an innovative way to get into your wallet on top of your visa/extension.

1k baht for one re-entry,

3.8 kbaht for unlimited re-entry until the date of your allowed stamp, void after that date.

As long as your (multi entry O) visa is valid, you can go and return as often as you wish and receive every time permission to stay for another 90 days.

Should you, however, decide to stay longer than 90 days, you may apply with the immigration office inside Thailand to be allowed to do so. In this case your visa will be voided and replaced by an extented permission to stay up to 1 year from your last entry.

In this case you have to apply for a re-entry permission which will keep your permission to stay valid.

In your example you go for a short break to Cambodia and receive upon return another 90 days.

During the last 30 days of these 90 you apply with immi for extension of stay for one year which can be done under the 'O', usually due marriage to a Thai or retirement. Once granted you may stay til November 2007 (1 year from last entry) but than, need a re-entry permit to keep the Nov. 07 valid.

Maybe I am missing something here. I have a one year "O" multi entry. Have to leave every 90 days. On day 364 (of 365 days in a year) the last stamp will be good for a nother 90 days using the original 12 month (1 year) visa making it good for 15 months. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The next part is where I need clarification. After my now 15 month "non imm O" is ready to expire I need to get a extention. What kind of extentions are available. I want to maximize my freedom. How would one short of a Thai Elite Gold Card "wow" go about doing this.

1) Re-enty permit. I've been to Thailand about 30 times (always less then 30 days) and have never heard of this.

2) Are there good alternatives to #1 short of the Thai "wow" card

Thanks for all your help.

John

You return to your home country and try to obtain another. Without marriage it is not likely to be available locally.

Extensions are most likely for marriage and retirement. They can also be obtained for education and work.

name='Axel' date='2006-10-28 05:07:44' post='959914']

Thanks Axel

For your succinct reply. Although married to and Thai and also eligible for a retirement visa we currently spend 6 months LOS and 6 months UK so a multi Non immigrant O is easiest way to go at the moment. Ultimately will get retirement visa.

Once again thanks

TBWG :o

I agree, TBWG, 90 + 90 days under the non-imm O should cover your stay.

Once you wish to stay longr, if not forever :o than comes the applicaiton for extension.

I bit troublesome.

BTW, if somebody goes for extention up to 1 year, suggest the last entry should NOT be around Christmas- New Year-time as than every year applicaiton is during that period and might inconvenience holiday-travel as you should "come back in person on date ....:, just when you might wish to be back home.

You can get a re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi like before at Don Muang. However, at Don Muang you could get a photo taken, if you had forgotten to take a photo with you.

At Suvarnabhumi they do not have any facility to get a picture done. In this case, your visa will cxl when you leave Thailand. Be sure to take a 2 x 2 inch photo if you are applying at the airport rather than at immigration.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

The Official Map / Plan of the Airport

readily available in the Airport

Shows Photo Booth at the

Visa on Arrival area.

Whether a departing Passenger can

- in an Emergency - maybe with assistance from

the Re-entry Permit Counter staff -

have access to that booth - remains to be seen

I am unable to trace any mention

of the Re-enrty Counter on the Map / Plan

Bill