Sending 1000000 baht back to UK

What I see is Thai banks most often looking for a third party to absolve them of any blame, "Hey BOT, the Thai Solicitor said it was OK, how were we to know he wasn't a real Lawyer". Substitute FET, Work Permit or whatever for the word Lawyer and it still works, financial borders remain as porous as chalk.

How did they know he was a solicitor? I could be "your solicitor".

In fact I would be for a large Tiger. drunk.gif

That really doesnt worry me. The fact the transaction was complete worried me.

It was a UK solicitor they had copies of the letter in case of further problems...I suppose they were happy.

They also probably could have used the WWW, called him or checked registered solicitors in the UK.

Again that was not my concern. ☺

A point of view. I,000,000 baht @ 35 baht/USD is about 28571 USD. Three flights carrying 10,000 USD cash would could be done without any reporting required. I don't know what the UK cash bringing into the country limits are, or when the reporting requirements start. Is that a practical way to do things? Probably not. Just an idea.

I transferred a similar amount from a Kasikorn sub branch right out in the sticks to my bank acc in the UK a couple of month ago & there was no real problem,

it was slow as the sub manager had to phone his main branch to get a walkthrough on how to do it, but it wasn't a problem,

I think that you get the best rate letting the Thai bank convert it into Pounds Sterling first before sending as the UK banks will rip you off more on the exchange rate.

Khrung Thai Bank Soi Pattaya Tai, last Monday: "We can only send Thai-Bht overseas". I asked what's the limit? Answer: No limit (=Incorrect).

Ask 10 Banks and you will get 10 different answers.

Cheers